Depending on the outcome of tomorrows game...AJ Green

Hebert19

47 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I think TheRealAllensNutsack is the legit one

You said not having offensive talent around him "was a reason" and I said if it "was a reason" then why isn't a better offensive player needed?

Get rid of as many reasons as possible.

That's reasoning.

Sound reasonable?:beer:

You did ask why not add better talent and I didn't disagree. I said I wouldn't want Green. Get rid of as many reasons as possible? Sure. That is reasoning and sounds reasonable. Thanks for the beer.

But I NEVER said NOT having talent was a reason. I said KC having MORE talent was a reason. I would spell it out for you but I would just be copying and pasting. If you couldn't read it the 1st time, I doubt it would make a difference. If you want, read the posts again, without twisting thoughts or adding anything. Just read mine, verbatim, and you might wonder what or who you're arguing with. Cuz I don't get it. 

Edited by Dopey

13 minutes ago, Dopey said:

You did ask why not add better talent and I didn't disagree. I said I wouldn't want Green. Get rid of as many reasons as possible? Sure. That is reasoning and sounds reasonable. Thanks for the beer.

But I NEVER said NOT having talent was a reason. I said KC having MORE talent was a reason. I would spell it out for you but I would just be copying and pasting. If you couldn't read it the 1st time, I doubt it would make a difference. If you want, read the posts again, without twisting thoughts or adding anything. Just read mine, verbatim, and you might wonder what or who you're arguing with. Cuz I don't get it. 

Did you two just have a breakthrough?  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Mahomes is young..........like 23 games?    And the Chiefs have never scored less than 26 points in any of them.    Just being young is not an excuse for QB's any more.  

Mahomes is with a proven offensive minded/QB coach

2 hours ago, Motor26 said:

Ummm look at who Mahomes plays with on offense. So much talent around him its unreal. In Andy Reid's system. 

Mahomes is an unbelievable talent. He’s the best QB in  his first 25 games in NFL history and it’s not even close. He’s got talent around him, but he’d elevate any WR on the field. 

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:36 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Diggs would be a huge addition for us. Great speed, great route runner, great hands, amazing burst and start stop acceleration. I'm not sure what I would be willing to give up for that contract, maybe a 2nd and a 5th.

I would love Diggs but itll never happen for a 2nd and a 5th. Hes locked up for 5 years hes young and has no leverage. Itd cost us 2 1st to get him at least

21 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Mahomes is young..........like 23 games?    And the Chiefs have never scored less than 26 points in any of them.    Just being young is not an excuse for QB's any more.  

Mahommes is an outlier right now. How many QB's come into this league into a favorable situation like Mahommes and lights it up at that level from the get go. 

to use one outlier as the baseline to judge all the rest is foolish

Josh when drafted was work in progress, he has played above expectation, patience must remain with Josh.. that was the deal when we drafted him

1 hour ago, Wsam4031 said:

I would love Diggs but itll never happen for a 2nd and a 5th. Hes locked up for 5 years hes young and has no leverage. Itd cost us 2 1st to get him at least

I kinda figured that it would cost a 1st for him but two 1st rd picks is borderline ridiculous. Diggs is a WR that you have to game plan for but I consider him good not elite like Hopkins or Evans. If the Vikings really want to move him I think his sell high point is right now at a 2nd and 5th rd pick. The longer he is in that run first offense the more and more his trade value will plummet. This WR draft looks to be one of the best ever and I can’t see a team giving up a 1st for a good WR.

I don’t think Diggs is elite he had 1000 yards 1 year. He’s very solid don’t get me wrong, but aj green is hurt every year and still puts up a 1000 yards every year. Get Green he won’t disappoint. Plus the pats would have fits with green, smoke, and Beasley underneath. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If the cost is a 1st round pick, I'm out.

Greens contract expires after the season.  

Do you guys think teams would really give up a 1st rd pick for an expiring 31 year old often injured Wr?

i really want Aj green. He’s the prefect compliment to brown and Beasley imo.  If I’m Beane, I wouldn’t trade a 1st for him.  

• Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

The age and injuries make you wonder how dependable Green would be down the stretch.

However, when the dude is on the field, hes still a top five WR for my money.

...thankfully, there are MANY TBD posters who are staunch collegiate ball analyzers (thank you all; I don't get to see college ball due to work schedule) whom I depend on for their analyses...many have said the 2020 WR Class in the "best in years"...why would McBeane surrender assets (which he covets his picks) for Green?.......

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thankfully, there are MANY TBD posters who are staunch collegiate ball analyzers (thank you all; I don't get to see college ball due to work schedule) whom I depend on for their analyses...many have said the 2020 WR Class in the "best in years"...why would McBeane surrender assets (which he covets his picks) for Green?.......

Because this team is ready to win. You have a known commodity vs a guess. Zay Jones should be enough proof that you don't draft a person based on collegiate output

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

That's where I am kind of at a bit if a lose. Because, Beane has done a terrific job if fixing the cap, building what looks to be a long term contender, all while stocking up on picks.

However, does our current record maybe change his perception? 

Also, the 2020 class is absolutely stacked at WR. Just absolutely loaded. However, what makes the draft so much fun (for me at least) is the parody of it. No amount of scouting has guaranteed a player will or will not succeed. 

I fore one would roll the dice on Green. That being said, I have zero issue with wanting to hold onto draft capital and look to draft a WR.

• Like (+1) 1

That sounds like someone from Cinci trying to leak to a reporter to drive the cost up.  

I cannot imagine anyone gives up a 1st round pick for AJ Green, in a contract year, coming off an injury.  

Id be intrigued if they took a 2nd, assuming we would re-sign him if he stays healthy, but even then that’s steep given his recent injuries.