Depending on the outcome of tomorrows game...AJ Green

Hebert19

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

I’d rather go after Boyd than Green.  Green’s best days are behind him.  Boyd is entering his prime and I doubt hes gonna re-sign with Bengals next year.  He’s the big physical WR this offense needs.  

Your reasons for wanting him are the precise reasons the Bengals will keep him. Unless they can get a haul for him that included a first. With the upcoming WR draft class I’m not very interested in shipping out our 2020 1st for Boyd. 

Just now, Bills2ref said:

Your reasons for wanting him are the precise reasons the Bengals will keep him. Unless they can get a haul for him that included a first. With the upcoming WR draft class I’m not very interested in shipping out our 2020 1st for Boyd. 

Thought he was still on his rookie deal.  Didn’t realize he signed an extension in July.  But his contract is very reasonable the next 3 years and he’s young.  I’d give up our late 1st next year for him.  

I really just want Foster to start getting consistent snaps. Where is the guy that was arguably the most exciting player on the field during the second half of the season?

We have seen him make more plays in half a season than Zay Jones has made in his pro career. 

The 2020 draft is a very good for WR's.

If WR is one of the few weaknesses this team has going into 2020, the Bills will have a lot going for them.

No matter how this season plays out, the Bills will be in line to select a very good prospect at the WR position, regardless of draft position and if they decide to go WR in the first round, of course.

That said, I am not trading a high draft choice in 2020 for a vet WR that will not guarantee the Bills anything in 2019.

7 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m becoming a HUGE Knox fan! 

I said before the draft this was a great TE class. It is why I was staunchly against drafting Hock top 10. While I think he is good I never saw top 10 talent and there was a glut of guys behind him that I believed could really play. A couple of them have ended up on injured reserve already but just this weekend Fant had a touchdown, Foster Moreau had a touchdown, Knox had a couple of big catches. 

It was the best TE class in as long as I have been evaluating.  

5 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

I really just want Foster to start getting consistent snaps. Where is the guy that was arguably the most exciting player on the field during the second half of the season?

We have seen him make more plays in half a season than Zay Jones has made in his pro career. 

Yeah, this one is hard to figure out. Zay's best quality as a WR is blocking, the Bills' coaching staff values that highly. I get it. But the non-use of Foster is baffling. Has he regressed that much--or not developed? Is he that incompetent in blocking? Or route running?

It seems to me its time to give others a serious look at the 3rd WR position: Foster, Williams, Roberts even ????

6 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

Hurt, at least recently. And when he was healthy he wasn’t beating out luminaries like Zay Jones in camp. 

9 hours ago, Process said:

They would be crazy not too... I cant see them franchise tagging a 30+ yo WR coming off an injury plagued year... so he is 100% a goner, and they are going no where this year. 

The bills are desperate for a real WR. Trade a 4th for Green and if we don't resign him the draft is loaded with elite wr talent next year

7 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’d rather go after Boyd than Green.  Green’s best days are behind him.  Boyd is entering his prime and I doubt hes gonna re-sign with Bengals next year.  He’s the big physical WR this offense needs.  

And he’s already proven he can get the Bills to the playoffs?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Augie said:

AJ doesn’t come in free agency. He has two sets of costs, acquisition and the contract. The way these guys draft, I’m hesitant to give up draft choices. Look at last year’s draft. If we are that close, cool. But I hate to give up anything in future drafts, great players who come cheap.

I know some of the VERY bright guys on this board say spend the money now on a guy like AJ or Julio, I’m just not so sure. I won’t hate it if it happens, though. I’m on board with this FO.  

Great point, I hate to say it but McBeane doesnt have an eye for offensive talent like the do on D.  Pay for the sure thing if it doesnt cost too much in the draft

9 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Not to target just you but idt anybody realizes Boyd got extended this offseason.  No chance they move him

If the Bills give up anything substantial for an often injured, 31 year old WR who wants a new deal then Beane needs his head examined. No way they do this, they have spent 2 years shedding these old deals and would be shocked if they went after him. 

• Like (+1) 2