Depending on the outcome of tomorrows game...AJ Green

Hebert19

9 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Bill Polian signed a 32 or 33 year old James Lofton.   Seems like he knew how to build an offense.

Yeah, but Lofton was healthy, cost nothing to acquire and would take a “normal” salary. Yep, Bill made a great move there, but this is a very different situation. 

10 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

What if he can't come back? Or if the injury makes him useless then what? He gets hurt a lot these days, what if he plays 1 game?

No risk no reward...if you want to play with the big boys you need to take risks like them.   stop thinking like a 9-7 team would .. If he pans out we become a contender. 

Edited by Locomark

20 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

What if he can't come back? Or if the injury makes him useless then what? He gets hurt a lot these days, what if he plays 1 game?

Then you cut him or place on Ir?  Why is this so hard for you people.  You aren't committing beyond this year and we have cap space.  

All for wheeling and dealing. I’d like them to target someone more dynamic than  AJG 

Emmanuel Sanders? Sanu? Devante parker? 

Id love them to pry out Evans from Tampa but now that they beat the Rams Winston May have a second life. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah, but Lofton was healthy, cost nothing to acquire and would take a “normal” salary. Yep, Bill made a great move there, but this is a very different situation. 

Green didnt have his leg amputated.  He'll be back soon.   At this point in their careers I think AJ is way more highly regarded than Lofton was.  Like others have said we have the cap space.   You could cut Murphy, Kroft(talk about a guy who get hurt a lot) and Spencer Long next year and have a 75 percent of what he would want a year.  This team needs a receiver that can step in and produce.   To me Brown and Beasley are 2 or 3 receivers not close to a 1.  AJ is a stud.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/29/2019 at 5:26 PM, offyourocker said:

Rather go get Diggs

Diggs would be a huge addition for us. Great speed, great route runner, great hands, amazing burst and start stop acceleration. I'm not sure what I would be willing to give up for that contract, maybe a 2nd and a 5th.

11 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Green didnt have his leg amputated.  He'll be back soon.   At this point in their careers I think AJ is way more highly regarded than Lofton was.  Like others have said we have the cap space.   You could cut Murphy, Kroft(talk about a guy who get hurt a lot) and Spencer Long next year and have a 75 percent of what he would want a year.  This team needs a receiver that can step in and produce.   To me Brown and Beasley are 2 or 3 receivers not close to a 1.  AJ is a stud.  

Well, you TOTALLY missed the point. Lofton was on the street. We did NOT have to give up draft picks, we did NOT have to give him a huge contract. He represented quality and value, and he was healthy. AJ is NOT that. Great player, but still......NOT the deal Lofton was. 

Next year offers great value in the deep WR draft. Young, talented, and cheap. I bet the FO goes that route. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Then you cut him or place on Ir?  Why is this so hard for you people.  You aren't committing beyond this year and we have cap space.  

because you don’t go out and spend trade and cap capital on an injured rental player “just ‘cause yo.” That’s not a valid reason. That’s the kind of dumb thing Washington does. That’s why it’s hard for some of us to get on board. One of the reasons McDermott said today for the abysmal offensive performance (as compared to the defense, specifically) was a lack of continuity on offense. 8 new starters on offense are still trying to gel and figure out things. Yet you want to start swapping pieces like this is a game of Madden. So let’s not condescend when you’re clearly not looking at all the variables here.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/29/2019 at 6:29 PM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

AJ would be huge. I’d go as high as a third for him, provided he would sign an extension that was reasonable. AJ would mean no more Zay for sure. Doubt anyone puts much value on Zay at this point. 

50/50 on him being available. Personally I think the Bengals would be crazy to trade him. Mike Brown has done some head scratchers so who knows! I hope the Bills get a shot if so.

They would be crazy not too... I cant see them franchise tagging a 30+ yo WR coming off an injury plagued year... so he is 100% a goner, and they are going no where this year. 

The bills are desperate for a real WR. Trade a 4th for Green and if we don't resign him the draft is loaded with elite wr talent next year

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Well, you TOTALLY missed the point. Lofton was on the street. We did NOT have to give up draft picks, we did NOT have to give him a huge contract. He represented quality and value, and he was healthy. AJ is NOT that. Great player, but still......NOT the deal Lofton was. 

Next year offers great value in the deep WR draft. Young, talents, and cheap. I bet the FO goes that route. 

Are we in some sort of cap hell next year that I am not aware of?   Over the cap has us at 87 million under in 2020.

1 minute ago, billsfan714 said:

Are we in some sort of cap hell next year that I am not aware of?   Over the cap has us at 87 million under in 2020.

I’ve got money in the bank. I’m not going out to buy a broken down Ferrari tomorrow. We will hopefully have a lot of quality young guys to sign in the next few years. We are drafting like nobody’s business! Life lesson: never be stupid about money. 

22 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ve got money in the bank. I’m not going out to buy a broken down Ferrari tomorrow. We will hopefully have a lot of quality young guys to sign in the next few years. We are drafting like nobody’s business! Life lesson: never be stupid about money. 

The only guy who will command a lot of money in the next couple of years will be White. They need to get weapons. They could sign Green and draft a wideout. Money is not an issue at this point for the Bills.

15 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

The only guy who will command a lot of money in the next couple of years will be White. They need to get weapons. They could sign Green and draft a wideout. Money is not an issue at this point for the Bills.

I don’t mind spending money. In fact, maybe we should personally be far more restrained. But I like to spend wisely, and I’m not sure this would be the case. I won’t HATE it if they go that way, but I have reservations on an older, more expensive and frequently injured guy. 

P.S. I bet Tre is not the only guy needing cash coming up. Not just this offseason, but in the coming few years. I’m all for spending someone else’s money, but I want it done wisely. Not just because we have it today. 

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t mind spending money. In fact, maybe we should personally be far more restrained. But I like to spend wisely, and I’m not sure this would be the case. I won’t HATE it if they go that way, but I have reservations on an older, more expensive and frequently injured guy. 

P.S. I bet Tre is not the only guy needing cash coming up. Not just this offseason, but in the coming few years. I’m all for spending someone else’s money, but I want it done wisely. Not just because we have it today. 

Sure, they’ll pay Milano a decent contract. But they don’t have to pay a quarterback for another 3 years, if Allen pans out. By then guys that are wastes of money like Star and Murphy will be gone, Jerry too. They should spend smart but they need to grab good players in free agency. Not spend it on guys like Kroft, Murphy, Star. 

1 minute ago, Motor26 said:

Sure, they’ll pay Milano a decent contract. But they don’t have to pay a quarterback for another 3 years, if Allen pans out. By then guys that are wastes of money like Star and Murphy will be gone, Jerry too. They should spend smart but they need to grab good players in free agency. Not spend it on guys like Kroft, Murphy, Star. 

AJ doesn’t come in free agency. He has two sets of costs, acquisition and the contract. The way these guys draft, I’m hesitant to give up draft choices. Look at last year’s draft. If we are that close, cool. But I hate to give up anything in future drafts, great players who come cheap.

I know some of the VERY bright guys on this board say spend the money now on a guy like AJ or Julio, I’m just not so sure. I won’t hate it if it happens, though. I’m on board with this FO.  

• Like (+1) 1