We're On to Tennessee

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

1 hour ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

This one hurts a but we're on to Tennessee.  We go into Tennessee next week with a chance to go 4-1 heading into the bye week and hang a loss on a team that is likely to be fighting it out at the end with you for a wild card.  You get the bye to rest up and have Miami at home for a chance to go 5-1.

This hurts but this team is far more prepared for a playoff run and to make some noise in the playoffs, than any Bills team in the last 20 years.  After watching today, if we win next week, it would be time to start more seriously pursuing possible trade options like A.J. Green and Trent Williams to fill some of our biggest holes.  

This team needs to tighten up a bit but we are  close to being very, very good.  There is still a lot of room to grow this season and I think we could be much better by the end.  We have to get the special teams figured out.  The punting game is costing us right now, obviously with the block but it has been poor all season.  

Just get the win next week.  We're on to Tennessee.

Agreed that we're close to being very good. Need more help on the Oline, probably one more big player in the pass catching arena, and of course good QB play.

Honestly with good QB play we're a team that wins a game or two in the playoffs right now. With the other stuff we compete for Superbowl wins.

Gotta get to 4-1 and get the bye week. 

Honestly the Bills need to re-evaluate Duke Williams and TJ Yeldon. Not Cause TJ is bad, but if you’re never gonna hand him the ball it’s obvious. Josh Allen needs a more balanced offense. I think he thinks it’s all on him.

Gotta find ways to get Knox more involved. 

Figure out the Oline.....

But must go to Titan and get a W!!! Then take a breath and reorganize.

1 hour ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Gotta get to 4-1 and get the bye week. 

Honestly the Bills need to re-evaluate Duke Williams and TJ Yeldon. Not Cause TJ is bad, but if you’re never gonna hand him the ball it’s obvious. Josh Allen needs a more balanced offense. I think he thinks it’s all on him.

Gotta find ways to get Knox more involved. 

Figure out the Oline.....

But must go to Titan and get a W!!! Then take a breath and reorganize.

If Singleterry is ready to go, then Yeldon’s place in the offense as primarily a pass catching running back actually makes sense. He then becomes a situational player only. But I wish she would’ve hung onto that pass from Brown

Just now, Mojo44 said:

If Singleterry is ready to go, then Yeldon’s place in the offense as primarily a pass catching running back actually makes sense. He then becomes a situational player only. But I wish she would’ve hung onto that pass from Brown

Of course I meant “he” and not she when referring to Yeldon.Of course I meant “he” and not she when referring to Yeldon.

Unfortuantely, we are on to Tennessee without our starting QB, the one thing I wanted to avoid coming out of this game w/ NE.  This loss today likely carries over to next week, I'm not confident at all in Barkley getting the win on the road.  We were +2 in the early look ahead line vs. the Titans, but that was before Allen's concussion.  If he's out, as Dr. Chao seems to think he will be, I suspect to see that line go to +4 or +4.5.  

Edited by Estro

4 minutes ago, Estro said:

Unfortuantely, we are on to Tennessee without our starting QB, the one thing I wanted to avoid coming out of this game w/ NE.  This loss today likely carries over to next week, I'm not confident at all in Barkley getting the win on the road.  We were +2 in the early look ahead line vs. the Titans, but that was before Allen's concussion.  If he's out, as Dr. Chao seems to think he will be, I suspect to see that line go to -4 or -5.  

I'm really not getting this. Ok the only thing we have to go on Barkley is the Jets game, he played good. Everything before that I could care less about. He's been successful in this offense. This defense took Brady to the woodshed and now I'm supposed to worry about Marcus Mariota? We've shut down guys like Le'Veon Bell and Saquon Barkley, and there's no reason why we can't shut down Henry. Titans' defense is decent, but nowhere near the level of the Pats. We can move the ball against them, even with Barkley.

Edited by buffalo2218

11 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I'm really not getting this. Ok the only thing we have to go on Barkley is the Jets game, he played good. Everything before that I could care less about. He's been successful in this offense. This defense took Brady to the woodshed and now I'm supposed to worry about Marcus Mariota? We've shut down guys like Le'Veon Bell and Saquon Barkley, and there's no reason why we can't shut down Henry. Titans' defense is decent, but nowhere near the level of the Pats. We can move the ball against them, even with Barkley.

I hear you, my thought though is, I'd much rather have Josh Allen behind center next week.  Pretty bummed the Pats were able to knock Allen out for an additional week.

Just now, Estro said:

I hear you, my thought though is, I'd much rather have Josh Allen behind center next week.  Pretty bummed the Pats were able to knock Allen out for an additional week.

I really shouldn't put the Titans down that much, but living in Tennessee, I've seen quite a bit of them. That debacle in Jacksonville stands out more than anything. Mariota is as prone to mistakes as Allen is. If we can exploit that just a little bit and have this defense ball out like they did against the Pats, the Bills could absolutely embarrass the Titans on their own field. Barkley protects the ball better than Allen, but at this point who doesn't? Something's gotta give with his decision making

If we win, we're going to the playoffs.  Book your tickets.  Plan that first weekend in January leave it open.  

In. 

4-1 with 2 vs Miami.  Home games vs Washington Denver Jets Ravens and Philly.  That's 6 maybe 7 wins right there.  

This Sunday is huge.  

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

So much GLOOM and DOOM on the board. 

It was 1 LOSS.  It was against the Cheatriots that only managed to score 10 points and partially, if not completely points off of turnovers. 

Who's their QB?  Mariota?  

It's a lost cause.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm actually looking forward to playing a team like the Titans.  The first few games were games you HAD to win against bad opponents.  The pats game is...well, the pats game and the angst that comes along with it for a lot of people.

The Titans though? A decent team that should lead to a good game.

Good point, this game is kind of a litmus test. Win and pass me some playoff kool aid. Lose and it's the same ol' Bills.

Going to be a tough game without (likely) Allen. D will have to hold strong and Barkley will need to perform like the Jets game last year. With an entire week of practice eating those number 1 reps it’s possible. Winning with the back up would be huge. Gain some momentum back, go into the bye 4-1 and likely get Allen back for a cupcake game against one of the worst teams I’ve ever seen in Miami. 

2 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Going to be a tough game without (likely) Allen. D will have to hold strong and Barkley will need to perform like the Jets game last year. With an entire week of practice eating those number 1 reps it’s possible. Winning with the back up would be huge. Gain some momentum back, go into the bye 4-1 and likely get Allen back for a cupcake game against one of the worst teams I’ve ever seen in Miami. 

If Josh can't play then Matt will get extra times with the ones.   

He should do OK as long as we have more than Gore successfully running the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1