A Few Thoughts About the *Pats game, in no particular order

Virgil

Man people like to pile it on. Josh had a very bad start to the game, you could see the nervousness, bad accuracy, over throws - that was on him, not because of the Pats*. But then he was average, some bone head throws, some very good ones. You seem to forget he was facing a defense as good as any in the history of the NFL since the last playoffs, a defense that shut everybody this year AND the Chiefs and Rams, the two best offenses last year. He wasn't THAT bad, and let the kid have his growing pains.

Besides that first challenge (WTF was he thinking?), coaches were near the Cheats level. Except in preparation and fundamentals but the Grumpy One an crew have years of experience and stability over the Bills. It's been a long while since we'had such good coaches. McD is still fairly green.

3 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:mcd= f

dabol= f

frazier= doesn't even rate

if this crap keeps up we're on our way to 6-10 and if mcd can't teach his goomba leslie how to bring it...like 20th century style , then they can both go. ok, i vented i'm out.

We lose by 6 at home, make Brady look pedestrian, and outperform them on offense, and you want to fire everyone?

We played a top tier defense and one of the best teams in the league. 

Turnovers killed us.  Not the coaches.  Daboll could’ve schemes a little better and we could’ve adjusted on the blocked punt.  

Those are player mistakes on the field, and only by two do them. 

Back off the ledge 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

We lose by 6 at home, make Brady look pedestrian, and outperform them on offense, and you want to fire everyone?

Turnovers killed us.  Not the coaches.  Daboll could’ve schemes a little better and we could’ve adjusted on the blocked punt.  

Back off the ledge 

Daboll could have used Smith, Gore, Knox, McKenzie, Zay, etc a lot differently. I thought he had a bad game. Liked the Brown pass though although he threw it too short. 

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Back off the ledge 

we got outcoached. we should have seen / known what they were gonna do defensively because the entire world knew what belichek was gonna do. it's only been going on for 20 yrs. i'm not gonna make excuse for josh either. he looked like e.j manual today.  that's coaching...kinda like rushing 4 on 3rd down. who cares if brady completes a 5 yd pass as long as you lay the wood to him!. it just seems that nothing ever changes when we play these guys and so far we've played down to the level of our opponents and have been lucky to get a few wins. well that's gonna stop if this staff doesn't get their heads out of their a$$e$.

15 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

we got out coached and gave a game away that we should have been able to win.  this was a jauronesque coaching effort with a team that could have/ should have won this game.

In a board full of stupid, THIS is the most mentally handicapped thing I've read all day.

Congratulations.

When the ***** did Jauron ever go for it TWICE on fourth and goal in a game?

You're bad, and you should feel bad.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Back off the ledge 

There is a reason that every last person here has time to vent on this board and that is none of us despite our raw emotionalism has what it takes to be a coach or player in the NFL.  Allen was perhaps a little too wired for this game but he will learn not to get too emotional.  Most people prior to kickoff were anticipating a loss because there remains quite a bit of work to be done in completing this team in terms of on field  performance and this is what we saw this afternoon.  Hurts more because we were very close to exceeding expectations but we are not hopelessly lost in the forest as some think we are.  The Titans are a beatable team so let both fans and team be looking forward and not focused back on a loss that really does not impact the season.  Twelve games remain and lets get as many W's as possible.

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

we got outcoached. we should have seen / known what they were gonna do defensively because the entire world knew what belichek was gonna do. it's only been going on for 20 yrs. i'm not gonna make excuse for josh either. he looked like e.j manual today.  that's coaching...kinda like rushing 4 on 3rd down. who cares if brady completes a 5 yd pass as long as you lay the wood to him!. it just seems that nothing ever changes when we play these guys and so far we've played down to the level of our opponents and have been lucky to get a few wins. well that's gonna stop if this staff doesn't get their heads out of their a$$e$.

You cannot possibly blame the defense at all in this game. They were insanely good. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

or the coaching.

Even though they failed on the 4th and goal with Barkley, I STILL love the call.

I was totally against it. Game planning and defensive coaching was good. I didn't like in game decisions or a lot of Dabolls decisions. Knox needs to play. Gore was non existent in second half. Zay is worthless. Smith is a cog not a consistent contributor. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

In a board full of stupid, THIS is the most mentally handicapped thing I've read all day.

Congratulations.

When the ***** did Jauron ever go for it TWICE on fourth and goal in a game?

You're bad, and you should feel bad.

i figured someone would come up with a lame take and use that word. you're no. 1 congrats...we'll maybe you're no.2..

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

or the coaching.

Even though they failed on the 4th and goal with Barkley, I STILL love the call.

I wouldn't blame the coaching for this loss but congratulating the coaching staff after this game seems strange to me. For as good as McD seems to be in rallying the team and getting everyone to buy into his message, he is equally awful as a game manager. McD struggles mightily with clock/TO management and challenge calls.

As far as Daboll and play calling, not sure what would have been different here.  But it is obvious the Pats strategy was to make Allen a pocket passer,  only allow Allen to escape back to the left, back to the right or straight back.   They kept the pocket formed and collapsed it, each guy keeping their position.  They did not want Allen to break contain or release up the middle.  Escape backwards is a disaster for Allen as it is when he makes a lot of mistakes.   Allen either could not find open guys or they were not open so he tried to force things resulting in sacks, fumbles and interceptions.  Ultimately I think we need to give the Pats D their due to a degree, they are very good...while at the same time recognizing the Bills moved the ball well at times and just made too many mistakes.

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

6 - The Hit - I’m sorry, but personal fouls need to trump other penalties.  There’s just no way that hit shouldn’t be counteracted by a holding call.   On the stat sheet, the play never happened and it took out Allen.  In real speed, it’s hard to know true targeting. However, Allen was already wrapped up and he still took the shot.  Just add it to the list of reasons to hate those guys. 

Coach Dungy just said “Jones was just trying to make a tackle.” It wasn’t spearing a defenseless runner. Josh was running down field like a tight end and should expect to get lit up. I got one word for the young man, SLIDE!

Allen was having a dismal day before going down, completing 13-of-28 passes for 153 yards and three interceptions, adding five rushes for 26 yards and a touchdown. He also fumbled twice, but the Bills recovered one and the other was erased by penalty. Allen looked like he had no idea of the fundamentals of quarterback, namely refusing to throw the ball away. Bill Belichick is a nightmare matchup, but Allen once again showed he has miles to go before proving he is the Bills' answer under center.

rotoworld.com

Hot takes, they're not just for TSW anymore.

Meanwhile on NBC "All the haters on Baker Mayfield, he's just young, that's all"

4 minutes ago, iinii said:

Coach Dungy just said “Jones was just trying to make a tackle.” It wasn’t spearing a defenseless runner. Josh was running down field like a tight end and should expect to get lit up. I got one word for the young man, SLIDE!

Vontaze Burfict was just trying to make a tackle, the easiest way to wrap up is with your helmet, don'tcha know.

Fundamentals!

Edited by Ralonzo

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Tyrod might have won this game.  He wouldn’t have gotten us more than a few field goals, but he wouldn’t have turned it over.  

I was thinking the same thing. And no, I DON'T think Tyrod is better than Josh, but in a pitcher's duel like this one, his mentality is more likely to get the job done.

Just now, WhoTom said:

I was thinking the same thing. And no, I DON'T think Tyrod is better than Josh, but in a pitcher's duel like this one, his mentality is more likely to get the job done.

Tyrod wouldn't have even attempted the pass that Josh completed to Knox in this game.

You know this.