Tremaine Edmunds rocked today

TroutDog

9 hours ago, wppete said:

Tremaine is playing at pro bowl level this season so far.

no.
But he might.

Last week was exceptional to be sure. he truly stood out.
and as mentioned he seems to become more instinctive and just playing ball.
One of the tackles he assisted on off a swing pass against Titans  had me yelling "there it is !! "
he just put everything into the hit. one of those " you should be worried when you see 49 coming " and even when you don't see me.
1st time i have seen him just lay it out there.
it twas a thing of beauty  to be sure.
Needle trending up still. Kid is just going to get better each game each year as far as i can tell

• 2 weeks later...

All-22 isn't going to be pretty for Edmunds' run game assessment this week.

Have no idea why they think he'll be a great MLB.  I think the guy could be the next Biscuit, playing on the outside.

I like Tremaine a lot. I'd like to see them use him a bit more as a blitzer because that is a strong part of his skill set that I feel is being underutilized. The fact is that his size and speed alone take away a lot of throw quarterbacks like to make between the linebacker and safety zones. Teams simply can't attack there with Tremaine lingering. Like Gunner said, he's been in the wrong gap from time to time, but that will improve with time. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, GG said:

All-22 isn't going to be pretty for Edmunds' run game assessment this week.

Have no idea why they think he'll be a great MLB.  I think the guy could be the next Biscuit, playing on the outside.

Really. Nothing about the last three weeks makes you think he can be great MLB. Not a thing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Really. Nothing about the last three weeks makes you think he can be great MLB. Not a thing. 

Really? Not 1 single thing??? Hyperbole much? Hahahahah

: Go Bills!:

Let's hope for that big jump in his game.. which honestly I think is coming soon

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Really? Not 1 single thing??? Hyperbole much? Hahahahah

Booze is a dangerous drug

Don't know which one of you is being sarcastic, but there are few signs that show Edmunds heading to stardom as MLB.  Most of his great plays are not what you expect your MLB to do, and most of his bad plays are what you expect your MLB to do.

1 minute ago, GG said:

Don't know which one of you is being sarcastic, but there are few signs that show Edmunds heading to stardom as MLB.  Most of his great plays are not what you expect your MLB to do, and most of his bad plays are what you expect your MLB to do.

We were both making fun of you. 

Look, you got me. Edmunds is not going to be a pro-bowl MLB in the 1970s.  But in the same way you don't want a pro-bowl QB from the 70s in todays NFL, you do not want a pro-bowl MLB from the 70s.  Its a new NFL.  Edmunds is elite at what MLBs need to do in todays NFL to be successful. Plus, Edmunds best plays are him flying through the hole to make the stop or him going sideline to sideline to stop the guy from getting to the outside. Prototypical MLB stuff. This is some selective memory on your part. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Really and what scheme in your expert opinion is being ran on d for you to make that assessment

........exactly

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

And of course  a player should be great every game every sunday in order to be a great player

How about half-way competent?   The guy is averaging a shade over 4 solo tackles/game in a defense designed for MLBs to get double digit tackles.

They are grossly misusing his talents, while leaving a glaring hole over the middle.

3 minutes ago, GG said:

So essentially what you're saying is McDermott and Frazier are flat out wrong in having Edmunds at MLB.  Our top ranked defense is being hindered by a bad MLB?

• Like (+1) 2