Tremaine Edmunds rocked today

TroutDog

51 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

It's funny people wanted to move on from Tremaine following last week's game and said he'd be a liability this week.

Gotta love the folks that watch weekly highlights and believe they're qualified to be an NFL Head Coach.

Come on. No one wanted to move on. He has not played great and people were questioning whether he would be better at OLB. He played well today. I don't think he played great. But he was better today.

He definitely wasn't a liability and he was making adjustments on the D a lot.  He's learning quickly this year.  That's awesome.  He's trending in the right direction and he'll be really dangerous for a long time if he just keeps that up.

Great thread, OP.  Edmunds' solid work today should get its own thread.

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He sure did. He was great all game. The defense really did a great job of taking away three or four things the Pats like to do. I will, say, however, that not having Gordon or Edelman at 100% severely limits what they can do. They don't have the weapons they normally do. 

I do not think Gordon can be 100% without being stoned or Edelman without being on roids so they are severely limited.

Edited by Limeaid

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

His length and range are so damn unique for a MLB.  Brady loves those play action fakes where he draws the LB to the line of scrimmage and then lobs the ball over their head for easy completions.  Edmunds completely disrupts that with his length and range.  

Yup. Both Edmunds and Milano negated one of the Pats' strengths and the way they abuse us and other teams. We shut the short passing game to the RB down. All while stopping the run. Usually the Pats exploit teams one way or the other. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Would've been beautiful if he pick6'd Ol'***** for the win!

He's going to get one before the year is out.

Today was already the second one he just missed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/29/2019 at 5:42 PM, Buffalo716 said:

But everyone says he is an OLB ?

I think what some people think he is could be an absolute animal at OLb where he could rush the passer and rely on his instincts.  MLB requires a special skill to diagnosis plays which can delay your aggressiveness.  It takes more than a good athlete to be a good MLB. Zach Thomas was undersized but just could read plays and beat o linemen to the point of attack. I think TE had trouble with this as a rookie.  Glad to see him making improvements but I still think he could be a 15 sack guy on the outside. 

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think what some people think he is could be an absolute animal at OLb where he could rush the passer and rely on his instincts.  MLB requires a special skill to diagnosis plays which can delay your aggressiveness.  It takes more than a good athlete to be a good MLB. Zach Thomas was undersized but just could read plays and beat o linemen to the point of attack. I think TE had trouble with this as a rookie.  Glad to see him making improvements but I still think he could be a 15 sack guy on the outside. 

The game is changing. 

Jordan Poyer is a SS .. not because he intimidates players over the middle but because he is a ball hawk in a passing league.. in the modern NFL coverage skills are starting to reign supreme

Edmunds is a freak FOOTBALL PLAYER and lots of scouts agreed he had all pro potential at every linebacker spot... He is a dangerous Blitzer but doesn't have any real pass rush moves

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tremaine-edmunds?id=32194544-4d00-0000-c30c-56fb5191e34f

At the Mike, he gets to use his elite athleticism and be around the ball every play..  dropping a 6'5 Mike with speed on passing downs is ahead of the curve(something the Bills haven't been in a long time) disrupts passing lanes, and clogs the middle

Tremaine is gonna be a helluva player for us for a long time

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

The game is changing. 

Jordan Poyer is a SS .. not because he intimidates players over the middle but because he is a ball hawk in a passing league.. in the modern NFL coverage skills are starting to reign supreme

Edmunds is a freak FOOTBALL PLAYER and lots of scouts agreed he had all pro potential at every linebacker spot... He is a dangerous Blitzer but doesn't have any real pass rush moves

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tremaine-edmunds?id=32194544-4d00-0000-c30c-56fb5191e34f

At the Mike, he gets to use his elite athleticism and be around the ball every play..  dropping a 6'5 Mike with speed on passing downs is ahead of the curve(something the Bills haven't been in a long time) disrupts passing lanes, and clogs the middle

Tremaine is gonna be a helluva player for us for a long time

I am with you. I know others do not agree but I have seen significant strides from him in his fundamentals and gap discipline this year. And he always had that knack for the spectacular play. I am not moving him. I am keeping him in the middle of that defense and I believe we are watching him develop into a dominant player right before our eyes. 

• Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Maybe tight end?

He is playing well, let's leave him at MLB.