Tremaine Edmunds rocked today

TroutDog

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

It's funny people wanted to move on from Tremaine following last week's game and said he'd be a liability this week.

Gotta love the folks that watch weekly highlights and believe they're qualified to be an NFL Head Coach.

Usually the anti Allen guys as well.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Even with the loss, I look for the positives. First and foremost is Edmunds: he was hammering runs and was solid in pass coverage. 

I came here to disagree with you because I thought it was a negative post. Can't agree more, this was a huge improvement from the last couple times against the Pats. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

But everyone says he is an OLB ?

He is an OLB, but he is getting much better at MLB. It's crazy that he was an OLB in High School and the start of College, but now he is expected to stop teams in the NFL. It's probably the largest learning curve of anyone on the team. I'm a big fan of his and think that he can do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

He really did well today. It's hard to single out anyone as everyone did their job today extremely well. 

Wallace has and is really starting to impress me as well. 

Wallace had an excellent game too and continues to impress. McDermott and Frazier, and Butler and Babich really know how to coach DBs. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

He is an OLB, but he is getting much better at MLB. It's crazy that he was an OLB in High School and the start of College, but now he is expected to stop teams in the NFL. It's probably the largest learning curve of anyone on the team. I'm a big fan of his and think that he can do it. 

No he's an MLB.

Even at Tech pro scouts had him pegged as a NFL Mike while playing OLB

He's a football player

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

It's funny people wanted to move on from Tremaine following last week's game and said he'd be a liability this week.

Gotta love the folks that watch weekly highlights and believe they're qualified to be an NFL Head Coach.

I was a big critic of Edmunds last year. I think some of the criticism of him this year has been wrong and way over the top. I thought he was very good week 1 and 2, less good last week, and he did miss a couple of gaps today but for the most part I really liked his performance. 

I think what it might be is that his run lane discipline was really poor last year and so when he misses one this year people just presume it is the same old Tremaine. But the number of plays where he is getting things wrong is down hugely. I thought he was good again tonight. 

• Like (+1) 3

For sure, it's a process (no pun intended).

I work with professional athletes... looking at tape or watching on TV and seeing things from a bird's eye view is vastly different than being out there and having to react to all of the moving pieces.