‘Process guys’ hurt the Bills today

Patrick DiMarco and Lee Smith hurt the Bills today. 

Leaders in sports need to not only have work ethic, and discipline but they must also be capable of production. They don’t need to be the most talented but they can’t make mental mistakes costing their team. 

DiMarco and Smith will lose respect of their teammates if they have mental mistakes like they did today. Smith’s penalties and DiMarco’s miss of the block on the punt impacted the game negatively. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Guys, you can't have a roster full of 53 Pro Bowl players. Sure they made mistakes... but find me a guy on the street that plays better... the guys on the street are there for a reason.

There is only so much talent to go around. 

Not my point. I’m fine with them not being as talented as Knox or some of the younger guys. What I am not fine with is making mental mistakes. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yep lets scrap the whole thing, we lost a game process doesn't work.

Not saying that either. I am saying do what your job is. Don’t make mental mistakes. 

12 minutes ago, Whitey13 said:

I dont blame Dimarco on the punt.

The Pats sold out for a block and we left our gunners out wide. There was NO reason not to max protect right there

Yup....unless someone on the field had a giant brain fart, that's on the coaching.  They weren't prepared for the situation.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Not saying that either. I am saying do what your job is. Don’t make mental mistakes. 

then dont lead with process guys, they are all process guys.

Dimarco did his job as you block inside out and Smith has been excellent this year and got flagged with some ticky tack calls. We didn't win today but these two players have been instrumental to this team.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

then dont lead with process guys, they are all process guys.

Dimarco did his job as you block inside out and Smith has been excellent this year and got flagged with some ticky tack calls. We didn't win today but these two players have been instrumental to this team.

Certain guys are on this team for what they bring in the locker room more so what they bring on the field. DiMarco and Smith are two of those guys to me. You can disagree. 

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Guys, you can't have a roster full of 53 Pro Bowl players. Sure they made mistakes... but find me a guy on the street that plays better... the guys on the street are there for a reason.

There is only so much talent to go around. 

Great straw-man argument.  Who's talking about "53 Pro Bowl players" required for a team to win.  Do your job is a mantra and some of the process guys didn't today.  

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Certain guys are on this team for what they bring in the locker room more so what they bring on the field. DiMarco and Smith are two of those guys to me. You can disagree. 

I do and they can play.

if you want to get rid of someone try Zay who is afraid to go after the ball.

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Why do they need that??  Lee Smith just showed up.  These young guys don't know who he is.  DiMarco is a leader of men?  How??

They have plenty of staff to bring stuff to the locker room (towels, soap, shampoo, equipment, snacks, drinks, gum mouthwash).  Suggesting an NFL team has to carry 2 guys win the roster to only contribute to some sort of "locker room atmosphere" is absurd.  

On Offense, this team needs playmakers or at least contributors, not Mens Room Attendants.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Patrick DiMarco and Lee Smith hurt the Bills today. 

Leaders in sports need to not only have work ethic, and discipline but they must also be capable of production. They don’t need to be the most talented but they can’t make mental mistakes costing their team. 

DiMarco and Smith will lose respect of their teammates if they have mental mistakes like they did today. Smith’s penalties and DiMarco’s miss of the block on the punt impacted the game negatively. 

DiMarco didn't miss a block...the Pats left the gunner uncovered forcing DiMarco to try and block two people.

One of three things should have happened there. 

1) The gunner follows him inside and blocks him there

2) Bojo notices there is nothing but 50 yards of green between the gunner and returner throwing an easy pass to him for big yardage

3) McDermott calls a TO to prevent what happened.

Belichick challenges your attention to detail constantly on even the most basic of plays. Everyone on the field and McDermott failed to pay attention on that play and it cost us the game pretty much.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2