Blocked punt

SC BIlls Fan

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Bojo is slow to get punts off. It was a bad snap and that combo made the block possible. He had two excellent punts to the five but another poor one late. The thing is you want your punter to be consistent. You don't want a guy that averages 45 yards with a 65 and then a 25. We need better. 

On the 25 yarder there was another free rusher.  The block was on DiMarco plain and simple.  

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Bojo is slow to get punts off. It was a bad snap and that combo made the block possible. He had two excellent punts to the five but another poor one late. The thing is you want your punter to be consistent. You don't want a guy that averages 45 yards with a 65 and then a 25. We need better. 

Was with the Pats last year,  they exposed a known weakness.  The fact is he is not very good and their punter today was crushing the ball while he was average to poor.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Was with the Pats last year,  they exposed a known weakness.  The fact is he is not very good and their punter today was crushing the ball while he was average to poor.

Yup. He's just not good. He's capable of the great or booming punt but he's unreliable, which is exactly what you don't want. I thought that Bellichick knew he was slow and gambled and won. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

I was screaming for Mcdermit to call a time out. I noticed both gunners uncovered and saw they were going for the block. Even with a better snap I think it still would have been blocked

This is clearly on YOU! If you had been a little louder, we WIN that game!  

I say a one month ban may be in order.       ?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eSJayDee said:

Basically, you have a smart ST play taking advantage of a stupid one.  Left footed punter, they had 2 guys coming in able to block the punt on the left.  Demarco took out the inside one (the one w/ the shorter path in); the outside one still made it.  Ideally, a punter sees he's about to get blocked & does something (shuffle punt, abort & run).  The low snap may have inhibited his ability to do so (but again, is he smart/experienced enough to decide whether or not to kick it).

I haven't seen the replay, but was our gunner uncovered?  If so, that's a major FUBAR mistake.  He should either be thrown to or come into block.

Yes.  Gunners were uncovered.  They either have to collapse or punter has to throw the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Trogdor said:

They gutted the playoff team and we're using that as the measuring stick? They are no better than year one with the Wild Card. This is similar to the Sabres in that they looked better early in the rebuild than what they did coming out of it. This is like a military mindset where progress is valued over continued success. Should we really feel good that they made a team so bad last year that we are now maybe back to the same level as 2 years ago? 

so far, McDermott and Beane have taken a team that was exactly .500 (24-24) the 3 previous years before they got here to exactly .500 over 2 1/4 seasons (18-18).

I'm hoping for better, but it does continue a trend. Coach Gailey's teams had decent O but historically bad D. Coach Marrone's teams stunk on O but were lights out on D followed by Rex' top ten in scoring Os and horrendous Ds.  Rinse and repeat.

But we're 3-1 with many winnable games left in a down AFC year and hoping for the beST.

on to Tennessee.

GO BILLS !!!

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

Hi everyone, first post here. That the team didn't fall apart after that big of a momentum play says a lot about the coaching and the veterans on this team like Frank Gore. Gore's one of my all time favorite ex-Niner's because of his effort level and he was always spreading positive vibes after mistakes, injuries or bad luck.  

Anyone can see that the Bills defense is legit and can take this team to the playoffs and beyond.  I admired the defense for keeping the team in the game when they could have given up as many other teams have done when facing NE. If they can get JA to protect the ball, both when passing and running, the Bills will be one hell of a tough draw in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Never said anything about winning, stating were we are as a team and we're not far off. Fans need to stay on the wagon and trust the process because its WORKING.

it was a great effort for the most part, still a long way to go, have to learn to take home games like this

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

it was a great effort for the most part, still a long way to go, have to learn to take home games like this

could have been way worse considering all the turnovers . McDermott said it best after the game , Allen needs to take what is there and not force throws. Allen will learn from this but i think the importance of this game got to him today causing him to go in superhero mode.

And we dont have a long ways to go, defense is elite, offense is young and learning, special teams needs work but McDermott will correct it.

We almost beat the best team in the league, that is not far off.

14 hours ago, Trogdor said:

They just proved that they can't take advantage of one of the worst games for Brady. This is peak Jags game where we couldn't score. They have maybe a Bengals ceiling right now. 

You watched a different game.  They made Brady have one of his worst games.  We had almost 400 yards of offense and did score. In fact we are the only team to score a TD on them in 5 games, and that includes the Rams.  And we had the ball on the 2 yard line to almost put up another TD.  The Bills offense is basically a new offense with like 10 new players.  They will get better and they will score.  They have players.  This is a playoff team that nobody is going to want to play.  Their Defense is the best in the NFL and they can run the ball.  Watch out.

6 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

You watched a different game.  They made Brady have one of his worst games.  We had almost 400 yards of offense and did score. In fact we are the only team to score a TD on them in 5 games, and that includes the Rams.  And we had the ball on the 2 yard line to almost put up another TD.  The Bills offense is basically a new offense with like 10 new players.  They will get better and they will score.  They have players.  This is a playoff team that nobody is going to want to play.  Their Defense is the best in the NFL and they can run the ball.  Watch out.

"This is a playoff team that nobody is going to want to play" is the same thing people said for that wild card game. Im not saying the defense was anything short of great, but that doesn't make a whole team. They have horrible special teams and a sub-par at best offense. Add in the fact that Allen can't stop fumbling and throwing into double coverage, and that's not a very good team. Coaching is terrible too with little to no adjustments, terrible clock management, and questionable challenges. We watched the same game, I'm just not going to claim a victory from a loss like a lot of posters want. This is a recipe for becoming the next Bengals organization.