Blocked punt

SC BIlls Fan

18 minutes ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

I was screaming for Mcdermit to call a time out. I noticed both gunners uncovered and saw they were going for the block. Even with a better snap I think it still would have been blocked

The Bills wanted to prove to everyone that they were for real. Did they do that? 

Their defense was certainly big time, especially considering how terrible Allen was again. The offense, other than Gore and the small receiver (not Beasley), wasn't very good. Other than that blocked punt, special teams was good.

This was a much bigger game for the Bills than it was for NE. Today, at least, the Bills defense made a statement. Josh Allen is the weak link and you've all seen this before haven't you? All those athletic QBs that never work out...

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

If they are going to keep guys like DiMarco on this team they better know who to block. You can be a ‘process guy’ but if you do not do your job the real talent won’t listen.

I think DiMarco did the right thing. I think you block the inside guy over the outside rusher.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Azucho98 said:

Why do you think it was a bad game for Brady, because he forgot to trim his toe nails before the game?  This D is legit and top 3 in the league.  Even though  the offense and special teams stunk today, we still had a chance at the end because of the D.

The defense is legit, but he didn't take advantage of break downs like he normally does. He also had a lot more trouble with the blitz than we normally see. His ball placement is usually very good, and today it was subpar. Still, this means that we are the same team from the wild card loss. No improvement. 

1 minute ago, Tiffany980 said:

The Bills wanted to prove to everyone that they were for real. Did they do that? 

Their defense was certainly big time, especially considering how terrible Allen was again. The offense, other than Gore and the small receiver (not Beasley), wasn't very good. Other than that blocked punt, special teams was good.

This was a much bigger game for the Bills than it was for NE. Today, at least, the Bills defense made a statement. Josh Allen is the weak link and you've all seen this before haven't you? All those athletic QBs that never work out...

Yeah Mahomes sucks

11 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

They just proved they are an ELITE team.  They just played head to head with the team favored to win the Super Bowl.  And this team is young.  Watch out.

Actually, they are one of the oldest teams in the NFL. #26 actually. NE is the oldest. 

https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-nfl-teams-age-after-53-man-cutdowns-2019-edition/

4 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Why do you think it was a bad game for Brady, because he forgot to trim his toe nails before the game?  This D is legit and top 3 in the league.  Even though  the offense and special teams stunk today, we still had a chance at the end because of the D.

This loss was on the offense. You guys had 4 interceptions and all NE could score was 16 points. QB is the issue.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yeah Mahomes sucks

I hope he does in the AFCCG this season.

• Like (+1) 1

Basically, you have a smart ST play taking advantage of a stupid one.  Left footed punter, they had 2 guys coming in able to block the punt on the left.  Demarco took out the inside one (the one w/ the shorter path in); the outside one still made it.  Ideally, a punter sees he's about to get blocked & does something (shuffle punt, abort & run).  The low snap may have inhibited his ability to do so (but again, is he smart/experienced enough to decide whether or not to kick it).

I haven't seen the replay, but was our gunner uncovered?  If so, that's a major FUBAR mistake.  He should either be thrown to or come into block.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We made Brady have his worst game .

You defeatist fans are pathetic.

Do teams only have to be good at one part of the game? This is the crux of Buffalo over the years. We picked up a good coordinator who gets his side of the football playing well and we are horrible on the other. The offense has to take advantage of the defense for it to matter, and they don't. We probably still make the playoffs with this schedule, but there isn't any large improvement for this team. 

Just now, Trogdor said:

Do teams only have to be good at one part of the game? This is the crux of Buffalo over the years. We picked up a good coordinator who gets his side of the football playing well and we are horrible on the other. The offense has to take advantage of the defense for it to matter, and they don't. We probably still make the playoffs with this schedule, but there isn't any large improvement for this team. 

We have made huge strides just from last year. This game is normally a blow out but we had a chance to win , if you cant see that then you're are one of those sad people who are only happy when they are miserable.

Just now, Tiffany980 said:

Patriots since the early 1980s

I see, well good luck to you till we meet again.

43 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

If they are going to keep guys like DiMarco on this team they better know who to block. You can be a ‘process guy’ but if you do not do your job the real talent won’t listen.

DiMarco should've called TO. He can see he's got almost 3 guys to block by himself. Farwell blew it. Not to mention Bozo just blows as an all around punter. Belichick would've cut alot of the guys who failed today but Sean doesn't want to make waves.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We have made huge strides just from last year. This game is normally a blow out but we had a chance to win , if you cant see that then you're are one of those sad people who are only happy when they are miserable.

They gutted the playoff team and we're using that as the measuring stick? They are no better than year one with the Wild Card. This is similar to the Sabres in that they looked better early in the rebuild than what they did coming out of it. This is like a military mindset where progress is valued over continued success. Should we really feel good that they made a team so bad last year that we are now maybe back to the same level as 2 years ago? 

Edited by Trogdor
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

You too. And thanks for being civil!