horrible game decisions my Coach McD

slipkid

Bad. And may have cost the Bills a W.

The offensive pass interference was a penalty but never should have been challenged, especially in light of Thursday night. And take the the field goal, for crying out loud! Who possibly trusts the back-up on fourth and goal from the four on his fifth play off the season.

And I thought Josh was the one who was hit in the head.

• Like (+1) 1

Some horrible in game decisions today 

Challenging the forward progress call and this isn't the first time he has done this.....never challenge a spot unless it is blatant and this was not

To not kick the fg down 6 with plenty of time in the game.....Defense had been playing lights out kick the fg be down three and need a fg to tie vs needing the TD

calling the timeout on the punt play was probably the worst in game decision of the day.

The challenge on the offensive pass interference i can give a bit but not after the other bad decisions and knowing if you lose you are now down to one time out left

With all the eff ups by the bad qb play the offensive line and the coaches issues we still only lost by 6 and the Bills offense outscored the pats....so i do feel some [positives form a game just was a compounding affect today.

• Like (+1) 3

Challenges were terrible.  Neither had a chance.  

I was fine with going for it.  I would have had no problem kicking the FG either.  

Daboll was not good today.  Where were the screens against the pass rush? Why is Knox not more involved?  The run play on third and goal was awful.  That needs to be run to the left or play action.  I did like the WR pass by Brown.  Nice design.

But McD's failure is not getting this team to calm down before a Patriots game.  It started right after the Bengals game.  He says it's just week 4 but then makes it seem like the Patriots are not beatable all week long.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I agree with taking the points, especially with your backup QB just coming into the game, points are still a big plus in the right column against that defense.

Like you said, Bills defense was absolutely lights out, trust them to keep shutting down the Pats and get the ball back in decent field position with a chance for a tie or lead.

Timeout management/bad challenges were infuriating to watch.  

To still be within striking distance after all the negative plays this offense/special teams made is really astounding. This defense should lead this team to the playoffs so long as the offense can get out of it’s own way.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Challenging the forward progress call and this isn't the first time he has done this.....never challenge a spot unless it is blatant and this was not - Correct NEVER challenge forward progress at all. 

To not kick the fg down 6 with plenty of time in the game.....Defense had been playing lights out kick the fg be down three and need a fg to tie vs needing the TD - this is the correct call. He should and did go for it. Now if you want to question the actual playcall I am with you. 

calling the timeout on the punt play was probably the worst in game decision of the day. - Yep did not understand that call. 

The challenge on the offensive pass interference i can give a bit but not after the other bad decisions and knowing if you lose you are now down to one time out left - correct challenge. Was OPI and should have been called as much. 

With all the eff ups by the bad qb play the offensive line and the coaches issues we still only lost by 6 and the Bills offense outscored the pats....so i do feel some [positives form a game just was a compounding affect today.

comments in Bold 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Challenging the forward progress call and this isn't the first time he has done this.....never challenge a spot unless it is blatant and this was not

To not kick the fg down 6 with plenty of time in the game.....Defense had been playing lights out kick the fg be down three and need a fg to tie vs needing the TD

calling the timeout on the punt play was probably the worst in game decision of the day.

The challenge on the offensive pass interference i can give a bit but not after the other bad decisions and knowing if you lose you are now down to one time out left

Go away, man you guys kill me with your arm chair coaching!!! I am very proud of this team and the "Mcbeane Process!!!" ESPN Operation football called the Bills one of the two best Defenses in the NFL - the other the Patriots and one of the best coached teams! Go sit in your room!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, cd1 said:

McDermott was not conservative and I LIKED his decisions today.

I agree, and I'm a little surprised.  McD and his staff coached to win; I'm really in disbelief about Frazier...he coached a great game.

Josh and SpT made too many mistakes.  

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, slipkid said:

Bad. And may have cost the Bills a W.

The offensive pass interference was a penalty but never should have been challenged, especially in light of Thursday night. And take the the field goal, for crying out loud! Who possibly trusts the back-up on fourth and goal from the four on his fifth play off the season.

And I thought Josh was the one who was hit in the head.

pick play challenge was right. 

going for it was right call 

bad challenge was challenging progress should NEVER challenge the spot. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With the way our D was handling the Pats the 4th and goal was the right call. 

The challenges didn't work out but didn't decide the outcome of the game by any means. I still don't understand abandoning Gore who was torching the Pats for 6.4yds a carry?  Why stop, it's opens up play calling so much more for the O?

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1