Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

3 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Today I'm a drunk, illiterate, with intellectual honesty, and a martyr mentality.

Bang up day.

Best part is, if the hand positioning was different during that play, he would have had 169 yards passing. Pretty cut and dry, and yet that has drawn more responses...

the internet is hard...right champ?  take it down a notch.  it's not that important.  

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, teef said:

the internet is hard...right champ?  take it down a notch.  it's not that important.  

So hard, that a simple take on Josh Allen elicited this much of a frenzy. From what I could assume would be adults...

So, for nothing that's not that important, you guys all seem very wound up.

PIcking off the best play from statistics can be a useful venture - but you have to do it unilaterally and compare it.  If you take away the longest pass from every QB in every game and look at the statistics are you going to see some sort of trend?

Taking one play off one game to make your 'point' is sort of pointless.  It's like when people want to take that "one run" off a RB who breaks one during a game to show how futile he is.  Except that play counted in the game.  You're making a presumption that if that play didn't happen that nothing else would have changed in the game - which is incorrect.

I'll take 4-1 as a starter this season, those are the only stats that matter to me.

Just now, MTBill said:

PIcking off the best play from statistics can be a useful venture - but you have to do it unilaterally and compare it.  If you take away the longest pass from every QB in every game and look at the statistics are you going to see some sort of trend?

Taking one play off one game to make your 'point' is sort of pointless.  It's like when people want to take that "one run" off a RB who breaks one during a game to show how futile he is.  Except that play counted in the game.  You're making a presumption that if that play didn't happen that nothing else would have changed in the game - which is incorrect.

I'll take 4-1 as a starter this season, those are the only stats that matter to me.

The one play is as simple as hand placement changing how it looked on the stat line.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah but how much can ya bench?

I cant bench, I lost my arm from the elbow down. But thanks.

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

The one play is as simple as hand placement changing how it looked on the stat line.

I cant bench, I lost my arm from the elbow down. But thanks.

I didn't know that, I'm sorry.

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

That's a screen pass or shovel pass too.  A screen pass is just a one to two yard pass to the side and a shovel pass is just a short toss as well....

The screen game is huge in KC and I've seen shovel passes too.  Those count as passing yards too....do you discount those?

5 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

So hard, that a simple take on Josh Allen elicited this much of a frenzy. From what I could assume would be adults...

So, for nothing that's not that important, you guys all seem very wound up.

simple takes are fine.  that's not exactly what was going on.  you did something whacky and was called out on it.  that's all.  i think 99% of us on here know that allen needs to improve.  it's obvious.  most of us just aren't willing to manipulate stats to take away from the kid.

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did Scottlaw replicate himself?

i'm not sure scott would take away a 50 yr play to prove a point.  that's not his thing.

Just now, teef said:

simple takes are fine.  that's not exactly what was going on.  you did something whacky and was called out on it.  that's all.  i think 99% of us on here know that allen needs to improve.  it's obvious.  most of us just aren't willing to manipulate stats to take away from the kid.

Now we are onto stat manipulation. 

Just now, BillsFan17 said:

This guy gets it. I'm all a martyr who manipulates stats.

I don't agree with your view of Allen. I think his floor is already pretty good and the likelihood is he's going to be one of the top qbs given normal development and game experience. You've been around a long time. You're not a troll. I do think you're getting a bit too upset. Everything is fine and you are entitled to your opinion and observations.

• Like (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, teef said:

no one is banding against you.  you really need to stop with the martyr mentality.  for some reason you were trying to take away production to prove a point.  i'm not sure why.  as mentioned, qbs have plays like that every sunday.  it makes them no less a qb.  why even bring it up?

This.

Baker was dubbed as the next Brett Favre by Booger McFarland for a 7 yard pass to Beckham that Odell took 80 yards to the house.

Most QB's benefit from RB's and WR's getting them yards after catch.  We finally seem to have players that can do that for Allen. 

Should we subtract that screen Mariota threw for 50+ yards?  I mean, if we take that away....

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't agree with your view of Allen. I think his floor is already pretty good and the likelihood is he's going to be one of the top qbs given normal development and game experience. You've been around a long time. You're not a troll. I do think you're getting a bit too upset. Everything is fine and you are entitled to your opinion and observations.

I just started trolling a bit because it was getting way to out of control with the obsession over a take on Josh Allen.

Like you said, I've been around awhile, I know how it works.

That being said, I've given Allen plenty of credit where credit was due. Didnt do it in this thread, and here we find our selves 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

My post literally lays out exactly why I did. Read it again, a poster said they didnt watch the game. I made an observation that Allen only had 169 yards if you remove that sweep to McKenzie, but that he did take what the defense was giving him a d didnt try to beat the titans secondary.

To be fair you should then give Allen two completions for the bad drops by Knox & Sweeny which would have given the Bills first downs in TN territory and added at least 6 more plays and the potential for a lot of extra yards.  In fact, if we're going to play "coulda, woulda, shoulda" I'm quite confident Allen throws 2 more TD's passes on those drives and adds at least 75 more yards passing (with the drops).  

2 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Immense contributions? The kid has how many turnovers? 

It's like praising the guy who saved the burning house, only to find out hes the one who lit it on fire to begin with.

Allen has taken strides this year, that's obvious, but hes also still had a lot of struggles which are obvious.

I'd be willing to bet, you put Allen on a team with a bottom ranked D, and there is not a chance he has four wins under his belt.

I'll take that bet.  Let's put Allen on the KC Chiefs.  Very bad defense but with Andy Reid and a whole lot of weapons on the O how do you think it works out?

I'm very confident that the Chiefs are still 4 - 1.