Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

2 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Not worth the effort at all. Yet, here we find our selves. Moreover, the original part of all this was hashed out far earlier. It was a different crowd that riled it back up.

I would just like to point out you never once addressed my comment to you.  You dodged it multiple times, but never addressed it.

So let’s try again:  ALLLLLL NFL QBS get lots of yards, TDs, etc from plays just like this and other things like short screen passes.  It happens every single week in every single game by every single QB.  

So...WHY are you trying to discredit Allen and take this production away from him as if it’s some unique and rare occurrence?  Not to mention, the execution of said play is greatly helped by Allen being a threat with his arm and his legs making it difficult for the defense to try and jump or cheat this play as they can easily be torched somewhere else on a fake.  

You ran from this very simple and accurate comment before because it completely breaks your entire argument.  But gonna give you another shot to address it.  

I’ll wait.  Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would just like to point out you never once addressed my comment to you.  You dodged it multiple times, but never addressed it.

So let’s try again:  ALLLLLL NFL QBS get lots of yards, TDs, etc from plays just like this and other things like short screen passes.  It happens every single week in every single game by every single QB.  

So...WHY are you trying to discredit Allen and take this production away from him as if it’s some unique and rare occurrence?  Not to mention, the execution of said play is greatly helped by Allen being a threat with his arm and his legs making it difficult for the defense to try and jump or cheat this play as they can easily be torched somewhere else on a fake.  

You ran from this very simple and accurate comment before because it completely breaks your entire argument.  But gonna give you another shot to address it.  

I’ll wait.  Thanks.

This has already been moved on from.

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Scrooge McDodge should be your screen name.

That is all.

You obviously seek attention, and I'm just not going to be the one to give it to you. This topic has been discussed to its end. You can look through the pages and find the explanations you want. Or, just move on. Ya know like everyone else has.

Edited by BillsFan17

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

You obviously seek attention, and I'm just not going to be the one to give it to you. This topic has been discussed to its end. You can look through the pages and find the explanations you want. Or, just move on. Ya know like everyone else has.

Well you have commented 33 times since I asked you the original question 6 pages ago...thats a lot of posts for someone who has "moved on".  Wasn't seeking attention, just an answer.

I didn't want to start a new thread, but I rewatched the pats* game on gamepass. I can't believe how down we were on Allen. Seriously. Rewatch the game. He had a rough first half, as we all know, although it wasn't as bad as I recalled during game day. In the second half he was dealing. 

Not a revelation, I know. But christ we like to have a moan after a loss eh?

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, NickelCity said:

I didn't want to start a new thread, but I rewatched the pats* game on gamepass. I can't believe how down we were on Allen. Seriously. Rewatch the game. He had a rough first half, as we all know, although it wasn't as bad as I recalled during game day. In the second half he was dealing. 

I think if Zay fights even a little for 2 of those balls they aren't interceptions and the outcome of the game is different, even with Allen getting knocked out in the 4th.

8 hours ago, NickelCity said:

I think it comes down to the anxiety fans feel of whether:

A) he will flatter to deceive in the end and set us back further.

or 

B) be the franchise QB that may takes us to a Superbowl.

Due to his inconsistent play..

..at one moment he seems to show the REAL potential for A, another moment he showed was the REAL potential for B.

Everything is viewed through this 'lens' of extremes.

(To clarify* he CAN be consistent on drives but will often make a mistake like an INT, FUMBLE or will be off on some throws and off on some drives that ask the question: which is the REAL Josh Allen?)

9 hours ago, NickelCity said:

Allen was really bad against NE. I was at he game and I’ve re-watched the game and the All-22. It was bad. It happens though you hate to see it against NE in a game where we kept it close as could have won.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Allen was really bad against NE. I was at he game and I’ve re-watched the game and the All-22. It was bad. It happens though you hate to see it against NE in a game where we kept it close as could have won.

He had a bad game, there is no disputing that. The poster you are responding to has some merit to his post as well. He also had some good moments in that game. It also didn't help that the WR group got as little separation as anything I remember from last year. I watched every play again on the all 22, and there were so many instances where Allen had to hold onto the ball because there was literally not one receiver with any separation, or he was scrambling because the offensive line was breaking down. Allen was bad; however, there was plenty of blame to go around on the offensive side of the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Not sure if posted or not, but the geniuses at NFL.com have Allen behind Mayfield and Darnold. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001064131/article/qb-index-week-6-russell-wilson-catches-patrick-mahomes

I was skeptical with Jackson at 11 (SMH, if you have seen any of his last three games) and completely stopped when I got to Baker Mayfield at 16....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Not sure if posted or not, but the geniuses at NFL.com have Allen behind Mayfield and Darnold. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001064131/article/qb-index-week-6-russell-wilson-catches-patrick-mahomes

goes on the road against at top 5 scoring d, posts 70% comp rate and orchestrates game winning drive..... gets dropped 2 slots.... seems legit.

Image result for head nod gif

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Not to mention Kyler Murray.

Crap list.

The 7 INTs are what's doing him in.  But it's still stupid to have him at #26.

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Not to mention Kyler Murray.

Crap list.

The 7 INTs are what's doing him in.  But it's still stupid to have him at #26.

well ya got Mayfield sitting there at #16 with 4 td and 8 pick.... good lord.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

16 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

well ya got Mayfield sitting there at #16 with 4 td and 8 pick at 16.... good lord.

Yeah ... definitely a stupid list.

I can't wait for the rest of the football world to realize how bad Mayfield is so this kind of crap (and the ridiculous amount of commercials) stops.  He's really not a very good QB.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

goes on the road against at top 5 scoring d, posts 70% comp rate and orchestrates game winning drive..... gets dropped 2 slots.... seems legit.

Image result for head nod gif

Don't you know? Even when he does well, he really doesn't. It's like a mirage in the desert.

There is a narrative about Allen, and I don't think it will ever go away - even if he wins.

I was reading an article on the TBD site today, "Pro Football Focus says Bills' wide receivers need to do more," (why? I have no ide as PFF is particularly bad at most of their analyses) and this little tidbit is illustrative of the narrative: However, the play at the quarterback position might not be setting them up for optimal success... Though Allen has generated a high adjusted completion percentage thus far (77.6%), that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s been accurate. Only 17 of his 163 passing attempts this season have been deemed as 100% on the mark.

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Some people just won’t change their minds till they can’t deny the truth any longer.

as Allen racks up victories and shows solid performances throwing, the pundits will have to admit they were wrong. It’s Going to take some time, but I like Allen’s trajectory more than Mayfield and Darnold. A ton of that has to do with coaching. Mayfield and Darnold have questionable coaching at best.