Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

His reluctance to go deep and the number of deep balls he throws that are uncatchable.  I'm sure that if a QB knows that he has a receiver(s) who will actually GO GET the ball, he'll be more likely to stick one in there.

meh, I wouldn’t say it’s a confidence issue. He didn’t have a problem with the deep ball last year when he had worse receivers and protection. I just think Daboll is trying to emphasize higher percentage throws in the game plan.

• Like (+1) 2

Josh doesn't have a confidence problem about anything, including hero balls. When Daboll or McD tells him he cannot under any circumstances do it, his response is like a wife saying, "Fine! I won't do it!" and then walking away and muttering to herself, "Yeah, right, sure, who is he to tell me what to do."

Edited by Kelly the Dog

13 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

meh, I wouldn’t say it’s a confidence issue. He didn’t have a problem with the deep ball last year when he had worse receivers and protection. I just think Daboll is trying to emphasize higher percentage throws in the game plan.

He threw those deep balls to Robert Foster last year, who hasn't played much/at all this season.

Allen ranks in the middle of the pack (NFL) with pass air distance for attempts and completions. 

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

You would think so; however they are actually 18th in Defensive DVOA. Although, that might be a little misleading because they are 3oth in rushing yards. Interestingly enough, Seattle is in the bottom 10 in defensive DVOA. I would not have thought that.

DVOA doesn't carry a lot of weight until week 10. Right now opponent adjustments are weighted at 50%. In week 10 they'll be weighted at 100%.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

To put it in perspective, there was a jet sweep to McKenzie, but since Allen patted the ball forward to him, instead of handing it to him, it counted as a pass. Take away those 50 yards and Allen had 169 yards passing. Granted, Josh did a good job of taking what the D gave him, didnt try to force besting the Titans Titans secondary.

Although there was ANOTHER brutal INT that did lead to points and put us in a tough spot. Which has been routine minus the Giants game. Something that needs to be cleaned up drastically.

I didn't realize that. As I said I didn't watch any of the game. 

Just going off the box score and what I heard from friends and family who did. They all said Allen was okay, and that the offense mostly did nothing, and that the pick was bad. 

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You have such frustratingly horrible logic, and this is a solid example of it here.

Feel free to explain how his performance was "great" if you disagree with what I said.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

True, but he hasn’t even been anywhere close to completing one yet this season. Stark change from the flashes he showed last year.

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Just going off the box score and what I heard from friends and family who did. They all said Allen was okay, and that the offense mostly did nothing, and that the pick was bad. 

Feel free to explain how his performance was "great" if you disagree with what I said.

It wasn't great it was very good.  And it was very good based on the circumstances.  And those circumstances were:

*  The Bills, boasting a top 3 defense, were on the road facing a top 10 defense.  It was raining on & off and they were playing on a grass field.  The TN offense does not turn over the ball.  Add all this up and we needed to be careful with the ball as it would likely be a low scoring game.

*  Allen was very careful with the ball as we had only 1 TO and that INT was not a terrible throw by Allen. 

*  The Bills got into the red zone twice and scored TD's both times. 

*  The Bills were able to run out the last 4 minutes of the game, denying TN a chance to tie the game.

*  The Bills won the TOP stat which is important in close defensive dominated games. 

*  The Bills won the field position battle as the Offense was able to string a couple of 1st downs together to enable multiple punts inside the 20 yard line.

*  Allen was sharp on almost every throw he made.  He made mostly good decisions and his run at the end of the game sealed the victory for the Bills.  Similar to his overcoming the bad pick 6 right before halftime against Miami last year, Allen overcame a concussion and a very bad performance against NE the week before.  This demonstrates a critical intangible for bouncing back after bad things happen.  An important part of any QB's game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Feel free to form an opinion on how he played by actually watching the damn game. :doh:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

At this point, I just expect Allen's critics to keep moving the goalposts on him.

First it was "he'll be a definite bust. Won't even be a replacement level starter". Well, he WASN'T/ISN'T a bust. I'm sorry, but a quarterback with a 9-7 record and six game-winning drives in his first 16 games is not a bust. 

Next it was "he's inaccurate!". He comes out this year and shows pretty damned good accuracy, with an obvious few exceptions here and there. 

Next it was "but he'll never reach 60% completion percentage!". Now he's doing that, and no one says a word.

I suppose the last item on the checklist is to stop turning the ball over, and I WILL agree that he needs to do that if he ever wants to be taken seriously as an upper echelon QB.

Edited by Logic

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

He threw those deep balls to Robert Foster last year, who hasn't played much/at all this season.

Allen ranks in the middle of the pack (NFL) with pass air distance for attempts and completions. 

John Brown is just as good if not a better deep threat than Foster. I just don’t think it’s a confidence issue.

6 hours ago, jrober38 said:

We scored 14 points. He can't have been that great.

Anyways, the Bills D is arguably the best in the NFL, and the offense does enough to win low scoring games. 

The Bills should pretty easily coast to the playoffs given how horrendous their schedule is this year and once your in the playoffs with a defense like ours, anything can happen. 

33 minutes ago, Logic said:

At this point, I just expect Allen's critics to keep moving the goalposts on him.

First it was "he'll be a definite bust. Won't even be a replacement level starter". Well, he WASN'T/ISN'T a bust. I'm sorry, but a quarterback with a 9-7 record and six game-winning drives in his first 16 games is not a bust. 

Next it was "he's inaccurate!". He comes out this year and shows pretty damned good accuracy, with an obvious few exceptions here and there. 

Next it was "but he'll never reach 60% completion percentage!". Now he's doing that, and no one says a word.

I suppose the last item on the checklist is to stop turning the ball over, and I WILL agree that he needs to do that if he ever wants to be taken seriously as an upper echelon QB.

notice up top how there are already contingency plans and statements being put into place now, basically setting it up to take any credit he may deserve for a playoff run and tossing it on schedule and the defense.

already setting up ways to act like its no big deal our 2nd year progressing qb makes the dance.... gotta cover all the bases.

bills go 11-5 and make the wildcard...… "ya but anyone should have been able to make it with this defense and schedule".... that'll be the story for a handful around here.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

John Brown is just as good if not a better deep threat than Foster. I just don’t think it’s a confidence issue.

I really like Allen but i'm slightly concerned about the deep ball. I agree with your statement here.... he's just been off on those throws.

29 minutes ago, Logic said:

I dunno Favre is in the Hall and I'm pretty sure he's thrown the most INTs in league history. And he doesn't even have all the rings like Brady.

3 minutes ago, Luka said:

I dunno Favre is in the Hall and I'm pretty sure he's thrown the most INTs in league history. And he doesn't even have all the rings like Brady.

Favre is also 4th all time in TD passes. I’ve said it before but I’m willing to live with interceptions if it also means Allen is putting up yards and throwing a lot of TDS.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If you take away his 50 yards on the jet sweep he had a terrible game! LMFAO what is this

Take away Phillips’ 3 sacks and he didn’t have that good of a game. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If you take away his 50 yards on the jet sweep he had a terrible game! LMFAO what is this

If you take away all the good plays he made he had a bad game.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1