Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

I will say that Josh Allen needs to make better game decisions and eliminate hero ball type throws into double coverage. I think criticism over he sliding after having been concussed not sliding is ridiculous. I think the antithesis of being a hero baller is being a game manager...what I mean by that is Josh needs to learn to use his WR's TE's and RB's on check downs and slants and allow THEM to get yards after the catch so first downs are manufactured and the hero ball becomes unnecessary. I think the kid has the smarts, physical skills and desire to succeed and improve. I think he doing so at a pace that some find not fast enough needs to be tempered with the improvement we HAVE seen. I think the kid is a gamer and a baller and Im glad he is out QB. Crying over spilled milk (aka players we didnt take) isnt productive it's whining and what purpose does it serve....anyway just a few thoughts from the peanut gallery..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh Allen comp % 62.6, is still in the bottom 10 in the League.  (Including injured QB's and their backups) 

The good news -  Tom Brady is just 5 spots above him with 63.1 %

So....... what we have here is  ----   people bragging how well Josh's numbers are improving  :thumbsup: (always a good thing) .

Reality says he has a long way to go.  

With Zay being traded, that excuse is no longer readily available.  

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

43 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Lol, maybe sign off. Find something else to occupy your time. Watching grown adults, get this temperamental on a message board, over a post....

oh yeah.  it's all of us who don't get it.  

43 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I just started trolling a bit because it was getting way to out of control with the obsession over a take on Josh Allen.

Like you said, I've been around awhile, I know how it works.

That being said, I've given Allen plenty of credit where credit was due. Didnt do it in this thread, and here we find our selves 

yikes!

• Haha (+1) 1

STATS LIE.   they are easily manipulated (as cited above)

passing 300 yards can be the result of a bunch of short passes,  a bunch of long passes, or a combination of both.

A 10 yard pass can gain 60 yards with the right blocks and or blown coverage.

YAC s/b in a category all its own.  just saying 

Just now, BillsFan17 said:

Still getting a reaction out of you, get the net, move on.

it seems important to you.  look, you made a foolish comment, got called out on it, and now you don't know what to do.  i think most that know me on here know i don't take this all that seriously.  i think we all know who's getting upset here.  

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Seriously? Terrible retort. 

The guy just said he has a long way to go.... which he CLEARLY does. 

Seriously.  How many fourth quarter go ahead TD/Field goal drives has he led?  What is his record in games started and finished?  Wins and losses are what this is all about, ultimately.  You Clearly ignore that.  Yes, he can be better.  They also don't win as many games without him.

6 hours ago, papazoid said:

that over simplification completely ignores the immense contributions of our elite defense to those wins

Not ignoring the defense.  Allen still has to lead the winning drives, no? Sure, he needs to make better decisions.  He does a lot of things well too.

Edited by purple haze

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This is going just how I would expect an Allen discussion to go. Maybe it’s time we resurrect the Allen will be an MVP candidate thread for even more entertainment 

I’m not sure about Allen being an MVP candidate, but I’m 100% positive he will be a first ballot HOFer. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, teef said:

it seems important to you.  look, you made a foolish comment, got called out on it, and now you don't know what to do.  i think most that know me on here know i don't take this all that seriously.  i think we all know who's getting upset here.  

Still going, still responding.

10 hours ago, papazoid said:

josh not in top 25 in passer rating or total qbr

he has a long way to go yet

3rd in the NFL passer rating in the 4th quarter.

Considering the Bills have only led in one 4th quarter so far this season and the Bills are 4-1, seems he's damn good when it counts.

But he (and the offense) absolutely needs more consistency.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Immense contributions? The kid has how many turnovers? 

It's like praising the guy who saved the burning house, only to find out hes the one who lit it on fire to begin with.

Allen has taken strides this year, that's obvious, but hes also still had a lot of struggles which are obvious.

I'd be willing to bet, you put Allen on a team with a bottom ranked D, and there is not a chance he has four wins under his belt.

Is there a team with a bottom ranked D that has 4 or more wins right now?

2 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

My post literally lays out exactly why I did. Read it again, a poster said they didnt watch the game. I made an observation that Allen only had 169 yards if you remove that sweep to McKenzie, but that he did take what the defense was giving him a d didnt try to beat the titans secondary.

No offense, this is a really ridiculous comment for one reason and one reason only.  Every single QB in the NFL gets lots of yards and even TDs off of flip passes like that and short simple screens.  

You want to remove it off only Josh to paint your own narrative.  

Not to mention, Allen’s threat as a passer and a runner makes executing this type of play more effective too as it’s hard for the defense to cheat a play like that without getting burned bad somewhere else.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1