Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It is a slam. The bit about him being without 4 wins with a terrible D?  Come on.  It is a team game, thus your statement doesn't really provide much.

Allen is learning, and learning means you make mistakes at times.  I myself have said it's not making mistakes, but making the SAME mistake that can be irritating.  Like the pick last week; folks can say all they want it was on Yldon, etc., but Josh has to stop throwing back across into the middle of the field.  That is a recipe for disaster.

I'm literally crediting his TEAM for their success. Try again

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

It's just a highly offensive take.... you can't criticize Josh. I like him a lot as a player and he's made strides, but he's got a long way to go to be a franchise QB and its obvious.That is all some are saying. 

There are very few posters who feel this way. The vast majority of us are fine with criticisms because, heaven knows, there are enough things to criticise in a young QB. There have also been a lot of improvements in his game and he has done a lot of good things as well. 

Just a little balance instead of always dwelling on the negative

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It's just a highly offensive take.... you can't criticize Josh. I like him a lot as a player and he's made strides, but he's got a long way to go to be a franchise QB and its obvious.That is all some are saying. 

It's the cliche that winning cures all. Enough so that Allen is free of criticism. Which is weak, because there are maybe three or four players on the entire roster whose play is critique free. Being 4-1 doesn't mean there aren't areas we need to improve. One of those areas is turnovers. 

Not beating the table saying Allen is a bust, but I'm also not going to crown him yet either. Kid has more INTs (19) than games played (17) with 13 fumbles, I'm not just being negative about his play at times for no reason.

Edited by BillsFan17

3 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I'm literally crediting his TEAM for their success. Try again

And Allen is part of the team, correct? 

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

It's the cliche that winning cures all. Enough so that Allen is free of criticism. Which is weak, because there are maybe three or four players on the entire roster whose play is critique free. Being 4-1 doesn't mean there aren't areas we need to improve. One of those areas is turnovers. 

Why do you continue to whine about something that isn't true?

15 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

And Allen is part of the team, correct? 

Why do you continue to whine about something that isn't true?

Continue to whine? This is my first posts in this thread. Plus, I posted a criticism of Allen and a few people took exception soooooo

Edited by BillsFan17

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They certainly do.... the poster just said he had a long way to go as a passer of which purple haze said who cares, he's winning. Really good take on the situation.?

That's fair.  I think a lot of it is that McD/Daboll are determined to do just enough to win.  I get frustrated at times, wishing they'd just open it up and turn a 14-point lead into a 28-point lead.  But they don't.  It's made some games closer than the needed to be/should have been.  But, yeah .... they were wins.

Josh is in the middle of the pack with regard to air yards per attempt, as well as air yards/completion.

There are definitely growth opportunities, but there have also definitely been signs of growth from last season to this season, as well as week-to-week in this season, alone.

I, and many others, have opined that Josh needs to cool it with the hero ball and make better decisions.  That's not to say that I don't want him taking chances; I do.  But he needs to do better with risk mitigation.  The across-the-body, off balance heaves have not gone well.  Those need to stop unless someone is ridiculously wide open.

He did a better job last week of eating the ball and throwing it away.  That trend needs to continue.

Personally, I feel A LOT more confident in him this year than I did last year.

I'm most impressed at how he responded to the worst of his 16 starts vs. New England with, arguably, the best of his 16 starts just seven days later.

So, yeah .... is there room for plenty of improvement?  Sure.  But we're not at 4-1 because the defense is scoring points.  The defense is keeping the opposing teams' points down, but Josh is still leading the offense to score more points than the other team. 

I'm very happy with where Josh is right now and I see no reason NOT to believe that he will continue to make the necessary improvements.  And that's not based on a hunch.  It's based on watching him continually improve over  his first 16 starts.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This nonsense about not being able to criticize Allen is the biggest piece of pure horse dung on this board.  What people say is that he makes mistakes but also does some good things.  His leading back to win several times this season:  good.  His accuracy the first 3 games especially:  good.  His maddening predilection to throw back into coverage:  Bad.  All people are saying is they like what they're seeing in the kid, warts and all, not that he's above critique.

So save your horse dung. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

This nonsense about not being able to criticize Allen is the biggest piece of pure horse dung on this board.  What people say is that he makes mistakes but also does some good things.  His leading back to win several times this season:  good.  His accuracy the first 3 games especially:  good.  His maddening predilection to throw back into coverage:  Bad.  All people are saying is they like what they're seeing in the kid, warts and all, not that he's above critique.

So save your horse dung. 

So why is it every cristicsm of Allen is met with bull#### posts like yours?

7 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

That's funny, because I have responded to 3-4 of your other posts in this thread. Are you drunk as well?

Nice burn

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

You should find a more reliable source...

We scored 14 points. He can't have been that great.

Anyways, the Bills D is arguably the best in the NFL, and the offense does enough to win low scoring games. 

The Bills should pretty easily coast to the playoffs given how horrendous their schedule is this year and once your in the playoffs with a defense like ours, anything can happen. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Anyways, the Bills D is arguably the best in the NFL, and the offense does enough to win low scoring games. 

The Bills should pretty easily coast to the playoffs given how horrendous their schedule is this year and once your in the playoffs with a defense like ours, anything can happen. 

To put it in perspective, there was a jet sweep to McKenzie, but since Allen patted the ball forward to him, instead of handing it to him, it counted as a pass. Take away those 50 yards and Allen had 169 yards passing. Granted, Josh did a good job of taking what the D gave him, didnt try to force besting the Titans Titans secondary.

Although there was ANOTHER brutal INT that did lead to points and put us in a tough spot. Which has been routine minus the Giants game. Something that needs to be cleaned up drastically.

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You, admittedly, didn't watch the game. Why don't you actually watch it before you engage in any sort of analysis of his game?

Because you are a one trick pony.

If we removed all of your posts that were some variation of "Allen sucks," then you would probably have a total of 6 posts.

14 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I didn’t watch the game.    I was at the beach but still have hot takes because i love hating Allen ??????

Mahomes only scored 13

What a loooooser 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

As I've been saying for months, Allen has 3 clear areas of his game that need to improve before he will be able to carry an offense:

1) play recognition post-snap 

2) patience in the pocket 

3) stop trying to do too much and take what the defense gives him 

He's made clear and obvious strides in 1 & 2, and 3 still needs some work. If you aren't encouraged by that, considering where he's come from in the last 18 months, then I would suggest that your expectations are more or less unreasonable 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan17 said:

To put it in perspective, there was a jet sweep to McKenzie, but since Allen patted the ball forward to him, instead of handing it to him, it counted as a pass. Take away those 50 yards and Allen had 169 yards passing. Granted, Josh did a good job of taking what the D gave him, didnt try to force besting the Titans Titans secondary.

Although there was ANOTHER brutal INT that did lead to points and put us in a tough spot. Which has been routine minus the Giants game. Something that needs to be cleaned up drastically.

doing this can be criticized.  many qbs have plays lilke this that add to their final numbers.  

Just now, thebandit27 said:

As I've been saying for months, Allen has 3 clear areas of his game that need to improve before he will be able to carry an offense:

1) play recognition post-snap 

2) patience in the pocket 

3) stop trying to do too much and take what the defense gives him 

He's made clear and obvious strides in 1 & 2, and 3 still needs some work. If you aren't encouraged by that, considering where he's come from in the last 18 months, then I would suggest that your expectations are more or less unreasonable 

i think this is exactly it as well.  he's done better so far this year.  that was my goal for him.  is there room for improvement?  there sure is, but the improvement is visible.  

• Like (+1) 2