Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

56 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

LOL...  he scolded you for a Mahomes reference when this entire every living thread repeats the same old news.

I think the NFL world is now accepting of the Inaccurate passer as a fallacy.

We can almost say this thread is obsolete

New name, same ole whiny needy Shady :doh:

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

LOL...  he scolded you for a Mahomes reference when this entire every living thread repeats the same old news.

I think the NFL world is now accepting of the Inaccurate passer as a fallacy.

We can almost say this thread is obsolete

I don't know some people just aren't going to drop that narrative.

37:25

Not to mention just about every team they play says one of the keys to their game plan is to make Josh have to beat them as a passer.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Not to mention just about every team they play says one of the keys to their game plan is to make Josh have to beat them as a passer.

Wow.  Listening to those people is just...unbearable.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackFlutie said:

Pallazalo's bias towards Josh bears on some sort of pathological disfunction  You wanted the kid to take what the defense gives him and now we should be catering towards an explosive offense and chucking the ball downfield  These guys frankly cant figure out that maybe they are wrong.  I could respect if they question Allen not making great judgements or being protectiive of the football.  Interesting they wont bash mariotta who truly is the anti Josh Allen

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

Pallazalo's bias towards Josh bears on some sort of pathological disfunction  You wanted the kid to take what the defense gives him and now we should be catering towards an explosive offense and chucking the ball downfield  These guys frankly cant figure out that maybe they are wrong.  I could respect if they question Allen not making great judgements or being protectiive of the football.  Interesting they wont bash mariotta who truly is the anti Josh Allen

They just seem to hate him so much.  It's not that their skepticism is unbearable.  That's fine.  It's their utter disgust with Josh Allen, and the way they declare that he'll never be good, and that's all there is to it.  Their message seems to be screaming "why are you so stupid, Buffalo?  Don't you know you're wasting your time on Josh Allen?  He will NEVER be good.  We know!  We looked at his college completion %!"

17 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

They just seem to hate him so much.  It's not that their skepticism is unbearable.  That's fine.  It's their utter disgust with Josh Allen, and the way they declare that he'll never be good, and that's all there is to it.  Their message seems to be screaming "why are you so stupid, Buffalo?  Don't you know you're wasting your time on Josh Allen?  He will NEVER be good.  We know!  We looked at his college completion %!"

It's actually a sign of limited emotional intelligence to not be able to admit being wrong and learn from it. Although most of these folks would never admit to being wrong at any point.

I personally wanted Rosen because I believed finishing 6th in the WAC in completion % was a bad indicator. I was told you couldn't fix accuracy. What I didn't take into account was how raw, talented, and in possession of outstanding characteristics Allen is. I have admitted to being wrong and I am extremely pleased we drafted the Josh with the most upside. 

People invested in the media and with stats are focused on what worked in the past, what they are failing to realize is this is a new era and to stubbornly fail to adjust their thinking. The world is never as simple as a model. The people who realize this and take everything into account will come out ahead per usual. It's about the future and not the past repeating itself so you can claim the high ground.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, dous21 said:

lol KC's WR group is not that much better than the Bills. last year they had weapons. this year their oline is one of the worst in the league and Mahomes lost a lot of his weapons

Yet he is by far the best QB in the league 

This isn't actually true.  You believe it to be true because you don't recognize the names of the receivers.  Ultimately, Andy Reid does a great job of scheming receivers open so even if the talent is unknown, they are still getting open and giving the QB quality opportunities.  He has one of the best, if not the best TE in the league.  He has LeSean McCoy and another good RB.  You may think McCoy is done but he looks pretty good running with much more space in KC than he had in Buffalo.  I have charted 3 of his games and he has completed 3 passes (1 per game) into a window or tight coverage.  I have charted 2 of Allen's games and have him down for 9 completions into tight coverage or a window.  I am positive Allen's receivers have dropped more passes.  

4 minutes ago, wiley16350 said:

This isn't actually true.  You believe it to be true because you don't recognize the names of the receivers.  Ultimately, Andy Reid does a great job of scheming receivers open so even if the talent is unknown, they are still getting open and giving the QB quality opportunities.  He has one of the best, if not the best TE in the league.  He has LeSean McCoy and another good RB.  You may think McCoy is done but he looks pretty good running with much more space in KC than he had in Buffalo.  I have charted 3 of his games and he has completed 3 passes (1 per game) into a window or tight coverage.  I have charted 2 of Allen's games and have him down for 9 completions into tight coverage or a window.  I am positive Allen's receivers have dropped more passes.  

then maybe our problem is coaching. I never believed Dabbol was the that is going to develop Allen into a top QB. he has zero experience developing QB's. 

Just now, dous21 said:

then maybe our problem is coaching. I never believed Dabbol was the that is going to develop Allen into a top QB. he has zero experience developing QB's. 

The Bills problem isn't just one thing.  I don't think they purposefully scheme to get certain guys open like Andy Reid does until desperation point and then they pull out some nice play calls like using McKenzie.  They don't really use the screen passes that often to get some easy completions and force defenses to cover the whole field.  So there are things that I think the coaching staff can do to help the offense by scheme, but it isn't the only problem.  I feel like the Bills just like to take turns at who will destruct a drive.  On 1 drive it will be a critical penalty on a successful play.  Then the next drive will be ruined by poor protection.  Then the next drive is ruined by a dropped pass.  Then the QB turns the ball over.  Then the coaching staff passes on a field goal.  Which I would like to point out that the Bills did have 20 points in potentiality yesterday as they passed up on 2 field goals.  One early in the game and one on the last drive.  Even through the struggles, when you count in all of the missed or passed up field goals, the Bills have been good for at least 20 points in all but the Patriots game.  Maybe they did in that one but I have yet to watch it.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

How I feel listening to Schoop and WGR day after the games.  

The goal posts keep moving on their evaluation of Allen. 

Today its we don't score enough or throw deep enough.  

There is zero entertainment value on the 3pm show.  None.  Why does anyone listen unless you're like me trying to see if they still deserve to be fired. 

And yes I continue to conclude they should be off the air. 

My dead horse beating on them will continue.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

What a terrible read on Allen by these two guys.

*  Okay, so who among the Bills current stable of skill players does an opposing team HAVE to stop because they're a threat to break a long TD on any play?   Yea, thought so crickets. 

*  BTW, I'm not trashing the Bills skill players as we've seen a significant improvement from last year to this year.  But if you're going to chide Allen for not making "huge" plays you have to consider the explosiveness & big play capabilities, or lack thereof, of the receivers/RB's. 

* They then ramble on about developing Allen like Newton.  They claim that the Bills first surrounded Allen with big (6 ft 5) receivers and when that didn't work they went and got him little shifty WR's.  But Allen's inaccuracy prevents him from hitting them so he's a total bust.  What the hell?

*  First, are Holmes & Benjamin playing in the NFL this year?  If I was going to go out and get BIG WR's they would be the last 2 guys in the sport I would bring in. 

*  Not to mention that these 2 morons aren't aware that last years WR core was set up for McCarran and/or Peterman - NOT Allen who was expected to babysit a clip board his rookie year. 

*  As a fan I get a lot wrong and by definition I'm emotionally biased.  But I don't earn a living from rooting for the Bills.  These guys are "professionals" who make a living from doing this kind of stuff.  So what's their excuse for making simple factual mistakes & injecting personal bias into the discussion?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

How I feel listening to Schoop and WGR day after the games.  

The goal posts keep moving on their evaluation of Allen. 

Today its we don't score enough or throw deep enough.  

There is zero entertainment value on the 3pm show.  None.  Why does anyone listen unless you're like me trying to see if they still deserve to be fired. 

And yes I continue to conclude they should be off the air. 

My dead horse beating on them will continue.  

It's because they were so invested in the idea that Allen would suck, the decision to trade away Sammy would spell the doom of the Bills and that if we only kept Whaley we could have been a contenda!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/29/2019 at 5:32 PM, jrober38 said:

Allen is a liability at this point. His decision making is as poor as I've seen from an NFL QB.

He consistently throws into double coverage, doesn't know how to take a sack or throw the ball away. His interceptions were all horrible, and the sack he took at the end of the first half that moved us back 5 yards when he had all day to throw likely took 3 points off the board. He did a similar thing last week on an intentional grounding that knocked us out of field goal range. 

The Buffalo Bills are an elite NFL team without a QB. Allen is super talented, but his decision making and awareness are really bad. He looked okay the first three weeks but in his first major test he failed miserably. 

Your anti-Allen posts are a liability.  Go root for the Patriots & leave us alone. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, wiley16350 said:

The Bills problem isn't just one thing.  I don't think they purposefully scheme to get certain guys open like Andy Reid does until desperation point and then they pull out some nice play calls like using McKenzie.  They don't really use the screen passes that often to get some easy completions and force defenses to cover the whole field.  So there are things that I think the coaching staff can do to help the offense by scheme, but it isn't the only problem.  I feel like the Bills just like to take turns at who will destruct a drive.  On 1 drive it will be a critical penalty on a successful play.  Then the next drive will be ruined by poor protection.  Then the next drive is ruined by a dropped pass.  Then the QB turns the ball over.  Then the coaching staff passes on a field goal.  Which I would like to point out that the Bills did have 20 points in potentiality yesterday as they passed up on 2 field goals.  One early in the game and one on the last drive.  Even through the struggles, when you count in all of the missed or passed up field goals, the Bills have been good for at least 20 points in all but the Patriots game.  Maybe they did in that one but I have yet to watch it.

As you point out the offense is a work in progress.  The Bills have focused their attention on the D and assembled a unit loaded with stars.  The Bills offense is just now becoming a priority.  My guess is that they had to figure out what kind of QB Allen was before spending a lot of money surrounding him with big play talent.  Every type of QB can use a Brown, Gore & Beasley so there was no risk in signing those guys.

In 2020 we'll see the Bills go after a dominant #1 RB and WR.  With Singleterry likely to be our "3rd down RB" the Bills will look for a stud bruiser who they can pound an opponent with and make Allen's play action pass something to be feared.  TE is up in the air because the Bills may have found a stud in Knox. We'll know better by the end of the season.

They also need to add at least one top Tackle to the O-line. 

I also expect this unit to improve as the season goes on.  It's taken a step back the last 2 games because of the quality of defense they've faced.  But my sense is we'll feel a whole lot better about this unit by the last quarter of the season.

6 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Your anti-Allen posts are a liability.  Go root for the Patriots & leave us alone. 

You note he is nowhere to be seen yesterday and today.  Only shows up when there’s A loss or other negative.  Pathetic really.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I don't have the patience to watch the whole video so will someone please tell me at what point in the video does Steve's mother comes downstairs and demands he comes up for dinner & then tells Sam to go home since they don't have enough food for him.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

As you point out the offense is a work in progress.  The Bills have focused their attention on the D and assembled a unit loaded with stars.  The Bills offense is just now becoming a priority.  My guess is that they had to figure out what kind of QB Allen was before spending a lot of money surrounding him with big play talent.  Every type of QB can use a Brown, Gore & Beasley so there was no risk in signing those guys.

In 2020 we'll see the Bills go after a dominant #1 RB and WR.  With Singleterry likely to be our "3rd down RB" the Bills will look for a stud bruiser who they can pound an opponent with and make Allen's play action pass something to be feared.  TE is up in the air because the Bills may have found a stud in Knox. We'll know better by the end of the season.

They also need to add at least one top Tackle to the O-line. 

I also expect this unit to improve as the season goes on.  It's taken a step back the last 2 games because of the quality of defense they've faced.  But my sense is we'll feel a whole lot better about this unit by the last quarter of the season.

I agree.  There is potential with this offense, they just need to be more consistent at everything.  I think they have clearly been the better team each week, even against the Patriots.  They just get in their own way, way too often.

23 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Is he accurate or in accurate?

i think the issue has been solved.   He’s more accurate than what the nay sayers claim yet not as accurate as seasoned greats.  

The issue has been solved and yet, as you state yourself, there are still naysayers. 

Sylvester-Stallone-Facepalm.gif

Shady, do you know what a paradox is?