Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Lamar Jackson 3 Ints today......  5 in the last 2 games.....

Discuss.....

ESPN narrative ~ "Jackson found a way to help his team win. He has to be in the MVP convo."

ESPN narrative ~ "Josh Allen continues to make mistakes on a weekly basis. If this continues the Bills are going to have to take a good, hard look at their QB situation."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, thebug said:

Rosen rules baby!!!!

4-1

It’s weird that you bring up Rosen to try and mock me. Are you under the impression that I’d rather have Rosen or think he’s good? You’re doing a really bad job of reading and paying attention. 

Edited by Bangarang

Just now, Bangarang said:

It’s weird that you bring up Rosen to try and mock me. Are you under the impression that I’d still rather have Rosen or think he’s good? You’re doing a really bad job of reading and paying attention. 

?

On 9/29/2019 at 5:56 PM, jrober38 said:

All three interceptions were prayers into double coverage.

He still routinely throws balls back across the field when running to his right.

My issue is that he makes the same mistakes over and over and over again.

There's hardly any evidence he's learning anything from his mistakes. 

They are 4-1, your evidence is in the wins, he has made countless mistakes but still lead our team to victory. Our defense is amazing yes but without Allen getting us into the endzone twice we don't win this game. He was raw coming into the draft and is still learning but trusts his arm whether it's good or bad. You saw all game he was being more conservative than ever, we had a great defense also with Tyrod Taylor but Taylor was never good enough to win games on his own which Allen is and has done.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

Allen played well today.  His TEs let him down several times outside of the Smith TD

Sweeney dropped an easy pass but I think the Knox play was just a really good pass break up by the defender rather than a drop.

• Like (+1) 6

48 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I wouldn’t say he was excellent. He was efficient and didn’t make too many mistakes. It was a solid game overall.

I disagree, but it's just nitpicking at this point.

That INT was a terrible decision on his part.

Otherwise, against a fantastic D--which the Titans clearly are--Allen was pretty consistently making good decisions with the ball and throwing accurately.

Hell, Knox had a drop, Sweeney had a drop, Knox had a pass knocked away on a great defensive play.

Other than the INT, most (if not all) of the other 5 incompletions were good decisions on Throwaways by Allen.

I thought this was a fantastic rebound game for Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Otherwise, against a fantastic D--which the Titans clearly are--Allen was pretty consistently making good decisions with the ball and throwing accurately.

Hell, Knox had a drop, Sweeney had a drop, Knox had a pass knocked away on a great defensive play.

Other than the INT, most (if not all) of the other 5 incompletions were good decisions on Throwaways by Allen.

He was solid and there’s not really anything wrong with that in a game we win on the road.

If you want to see excellent then go look at Deshaun Watson’s stat line from today. That’s what I would call excellent.

Today was a Tyrod kinda day for Allen.

Just now, Bangarang said:

He was solid and there’s not really anything wrong with that in a game we win on the road.

If you want to see excellent then go look at Deshaun Watson’s stat line from today. That’s what I would call excellent.

Today was a Tyrod kinda day for Allen.

I know it’s not worth much. sometimes I don’t like you..... but you’ve been ok here. He played a solid game. I’m not sure why people are trying to tar and feather you that. 

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I know it’s not worth much. sometimes I don’t like you..... but you’ve been ok here. He played a solid game. I’m not sure why people are trying to tar and feather you that. 

idk maybe people think I’m being negative by saying he was solid today. I don’t think I’m being unreasonable ?‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

i don't think i would even say that the interception was a terrible decision on his part. had Yeldon not stopped running, i don't think the interception is made, not that Yeldon catches it but no interception. i could be wrong though and would love to see a clip of the play.

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/29/2019 at 4:53 PM, BringBackOrton said:

it was more a meltdown than a regression. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Allen more rattled under center.

As much as I despise NE, their D is #1 for a reason and they showed up last week. I honestly don't think Allen was ever not off balance. The Bills D held Brady to his worst game in over a decade. Allen doesn't have even 10% of Brady's experience. The effects of those hyoertough defenses works both ways. 

Not to imply that Allen didn't mess up - he definitely made poor decisions with hair all over them. I just don't think he was ever able to get into any kind of rhythm against the Pats. 

Today he was so subdued I almost felt sorry for him. For the most part he protected the ball but it was almost like he had had a lobotomy.. His decision to slide instead of stepping out of bounds to me was very telling. 

I hope he gets some of that fire back into his play that has made him so exciting to watch and such an X factor that has given opposing defenses fits. Provided of course he still takes care of the ball. 

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

idk maybe people think I’m being negative by saying he was solid today. I don’t think I’m being unreasonable ?‍♂️

You’re not. He was solid. Nothing crazy good. It was a nice game. Questionable int. 

Solid game. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Aside from the 1 Int, Josh played well today.  We have a pretty good football team.  Just need to limit the mistakes. 

Also, I hope Duke blossoms as the season rolls on.  He has the potential to be the final piece to the skill positions.

Over the last 2 games all 23 points were attributed to turnovers. The one thing I wish we could increase would  be our defensive takeaways.