Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My son's friend has a mom in which every time I see her, she asks me if they feel real.  Do you think she's hitting on me?

Kind of like how Jessica Biel's character in "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" asked Adam Sandler's character?

7 hours ago, papazoid said:

The concerning part is that Allen is the lowest-graded quarterback in the NFL on deep pass attempts (+20 yards)  with a 27.9 passing grade.

Allen is one of 10 quarterbacks without a dropped ball on deep shots, but only nine of the 28 total passes have been deemed catchable.

Allen has unloaded an accurate deep pass just 21.4% of the time, the second-lowest percentage of the 33 qualified quarterbacks.

Allen's 67.9% of uncatchable inaccurate passes is the highest among all those quarterbacks. When he misses, he misses in such a rate that there is no chance for his receivers to make even the most dramatic catch. 

https://buffalonews.com/2019/10/23/buffalo-bills-pro-football-focus-josh-allen-deep-passes/

Yeah, it's concerning.

But now flip it around.

Imagine if he were deadly accurate on his deep passes but the least accurate QB in the NFL on passes less than 20 yards.

Would you feel better or worse?

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yeah, it's concerning.

But now flip it around.

Imagine if he were deadly accurate on his deep passes but the least accurate QB in the NFL on passes less than 20 yards.

Would you feel better or worse?

Josh has attempted 4.7 deep passes a game, with 1.5 of those being catchable, versus ~27 other passes/game.  The answer is clear.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I feel like guys like Schatz and Clayton will come on WGR for years and talk about how inaccurate Josh Allen is like it's gospel

They might end up being right about Josh, who knows.  Josh and the Bills are heading northeast on the graph as far as I'm concerned.  And he's ahead of my expectations.

Halfway through the season I believe Daboll is the concern, not Allen.

Allen looked good.

Honestly his numbers should have been better, but play calling and a badly missed DPI along with a failure on McDermott's part to challenge it hurt the team.

Biggest weakness on this team on the field is run defense. Off the field it's Daboll.

Consider this:

Last 4 games Allen has a 98.4 Passer Rating with 61.6 Completion Percentage, 7 passing TDs and 1 INT. 8 total TDs and 2 turnovers.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Halfway through the season I believe Daboll is the concern, not Allen.

Allen looked good.

Honestly his numbers should have been better, but play calling and a badly missed DPI along with a failure on McDermott's part to challenge it hurt the team.

Biggest weakness on this team on the field is run defense. Off the field it's Daboll.

Consider this:

Last 4 games Allen has a 98.4 Passer Rating with 61.6 Completion Percentage, 7 passing TDs and 1 INT. 8 total TDs and 2 turnovers.

Its not just Daboll, its the conservative approach of McDermott. Ever since the game against the Pats they have turned him into a game manager. The numbers you show prove that. Great QBs have to yards to go with those numbers. 

Until McDermott realizes your offense needs to do more then just enough, Allen will be JAG. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Its not just Daboll, its the conservative approach of McDermott. Ever since the game against the Pats they have turned him into a game manager. The numbers you show prove that. Great QBs have to yards to go with those numbers. 

Until McDermott realizes your offense needs to do more then just enough, Allen will be JAG. 

YES....NEED TO CUT HIM LOOSE LIKE?

Minshew 309 yards ....loss

Darnold 39 passes loss

Maybe it’s all about the W ......lot of chefs here.....guy who is cooking is 6-2

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

People complain that the Bills haven't blown anyone out, but that is just not how McD approaches the game. He is a "get 2 scores ahead, and go into a shell" guy.

They also don't have a big play guy that might break away while they're playing it safe. This team running up the score against a demoralized defense isn't going to happen, even when they are in control the whole game.

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

That's the result of having a defensive head coach. Something I like about mcdermott is the going for it on 4th down calls. Didnt think we'd get that. 

4 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

People complain that the Bills haven't blown anyone out, but that is just not how McD approaches the game. He is a "get 2 scores ahead, and go into a shell" guy.

They also don't have a big play guy that might break away while they're playing it safe. This team running up the score against a demoralized defense isn't going to happen, even if they are in control the whole game.

I still don't think the bills have a great signature win against a really good team under mcdermott.

but we do beat the teams we are supposed to beat.