Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

58.8% at 6.7 YPA.

For those keeping track.

4th game Allen just looked rattled the entire game.

Big bounce back against the Titans. Other than the horrible Interception he was really good.

Weird game against Miami but Allen showing he's pretty clutch late in the game.

Eagles game was UGLY. Josh needs to protect the football better. He seems to fumble once or twice every week. Passing he looked okay, though I wonder if we trade for or acquire a WR before the deadline. Not a fan of Daboll's play calling along with the strange decision to go for it on 4th and 10 in FG range.

Allen looked good against Washington, other than the deep miss to Foster and the obligatory fumble.

Browns game is just further evidence Allen can't hit the deep ball. He's going to need to start hitting those. On the plus side he is very accurate on his throws pretty much everywhere else. No INTs in 5 games is another big plus.

He REALLY needs to stop fumbling.

Miami 2nd game against this year and 2nd game last year against Miami are his 2 best games as a pro statistically. I was rooting for us to just keep passing to get him to 300 yards to shut some of the idiots up, but oh well.

Other than 2 frightening passes from Allen against Denverthat was intercepted and 1 that should've been--Allen was excellent against Denver, including a couple beautiful TDs.

And WHAT A GREAT national debut for Allen!!! No, he didn't pass for 300+ yards and 5 TDs, but that's because he didn't need to. Allen's just clearly improving as a passer as the season progresses.

Even though the Ravens game was just UGLY offensively, seems to me it was a much bigger playcalling problem than an Allen problem. Allen was off. Clearly. But that was a great defense. I think the Ravens have a better defense than the Patriots. Next time will be different.

Steelers game... I think I hate our coaching coaching philosophy... but a W is a W.

Patriots game was obviously a mixed bag. Allen had some really awful throws, including the potential game winner to Knox he missed. However, he protected the football and was really the main reason the Bills were even in the game. 2 TDs and no turnovers.

Throw away game against the Jets... onto the playoffs!!!

GO BILLS!!!
Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

it was more a meltdown than a regression. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Allen more rattled under center.

Agree.

Today more than any other NFL game he looked just lost and rattled.

Yet, we lost by only 6 and had a chance to win.

I'll call them growing pains for now, but obviously if we see multiple games this year like that we should all be very concerned.

Hope the helmet to helmet knocked some sense into him.

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

Frustrating, he had open men on those picks but insisted on going deep. 

Yeah it was super weird. Was the game plan to constantly take deep shots? Didn't understand that.

I also didn't understand why we didn't continue the no-huddle that worked so well on the 1st drive in the 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Agree.

Today more than any other NFL game he looked just lost and rattled.

Yet, we lost by only 6 and had a chance to win.

I'll call them growing pains for now, but obviously if we see multiple games this year like that we should all be very concerned.

Hope the helmet to helmet knocked some sense into him.

I think the most disheartening part of today is I’m not sure BB did much schematically besides dare Allen to beat him. That game plan would have been beat by most franchise QB’s. Watching Allen throw off platform into double and triple coverage over and over was tough as a spectator.

Think it might be time to move on from the comp% trope and start talking about more pressing issues, like is Allen still the right guy to lead this team moving forward?

RE his place in the hierarchy of QB stats I’m pretty sure his passer rating and QBR through four games is going to be at or near the bottom of the league, and that’s despite playing three of the weakest teams in the NFL.

Edited by VW82

He seems to be getting down on himself with the picks.  

Not liking the body language after the bad plays. 

That being said the TD drive to start the 3rd, which doesn't happen against BB, was fantastic.  Use that as a building block.

And btw.....I was right about the game plan.  Big mistake against THAT team to sit in the pocket for 4 plus seconds and try to sling it downfield.  Their DBs are too good.  3 seconds....ball gone...should have been focus all week at practice.

We're on to Tennessee.  

Edited by Big Blitz

8 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Think it might be time to move on from the comp% trope and start talking about more pressing issues, like is Allen still the right guy to lead this team moving forward?

After 1 game against what was, is and will be for the season one of the best defenses in the NFL?

No.

Not remotely time to move onto talking about that.

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

After 1 game against what was, is and will be for the season one of the best defenses in the NFL?

No.

Not remotely time to move onto talking about that.

Coming into the season I wouldn’t have thought so either but Josh has been bad in three of the four games to start the year. This isn’t just about one game.

IMO it’s probably too early to pull the plug but it’s no longer too early to start having the convo.

Edited by VW82

4 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Coming into the season I wouldn’t have thought so either but Josh has been bad in three of the four games to start the year. This isn’t just about one game.

IMO it’s probably too early to pull the plug but it’s no longer too early to start having the convo.

WTF are you talking about bad in 3 of the 4 games?

Watch the games, not the stat lines.

Allen is a liability at this point. His decision making is as poor as I've seen from an NFL QB.

He consistently throws into double coverage, doesn't know how to take a sack or throw the ball away. His interceptions were all horrible, and the sack he took at the end of the first half that moved us back 5 yards when he had all day to throw likely took 3 points off the board. He did a similar thing last week on an intentional grounding that knocked us out of field goal range. 

The Buffalo Bills are an elite NFL team without a QB. Allen is super talented, but his decision making and awareness are really bad. He looked okay the first three weeks but in his first major test he failed miserably. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

At 6.9 YPA.

For those keeping track.

4th game was a massive regression. Allen just looked rattled the entire game.

Hopefully that hit to his head knocked out the cobwebs he seemed to be playing with today.

Not going to get much easier either...Tennessee has a very good D as well.