Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I know it’s not ALL Allen but he is on pace to finish this season with 22 interceptions. 

I've never understood all the folks who argue that a player is "on pace" for this or that.  NFL performances are almost never linear.  Allen may not throw another INT for 5 games or he may throw 10 more in that time. 

And if he does throw 22 interceptions whether that's good or bad will depend on how many TD's he scores. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I've never understood all the folks who argue that a player is "on pace" for this or that.  NFL performances are almost never linear.  Allen may not throw another INT for 5 games or he may throw 10 more in that time. 

Being on pace to do something is merely a projection. Nobody has a crystal ball obviously...

7 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And if he does throw 22 interceptions whether that's good or bad will depend on how many TD's he scores. 

In what world is that many interceptions in a season considered good?

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Being on pace to do something is merely a projection. Nobody has a crystal ball obviously...

Let me rephrase - it's okay if in that same world Allen throws 32 TD passes.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I know it’s not ALL Allen but he is on pace to finish this season with 22 interceptions. 

We need to see more good from Allen to outweigh the picks. Even if he throws picks but we see him get better, 300 yd game, good throws and reads, clutch drives THEN THAT OUTWEIGHS THE PICKS FOR ME.

Edited by london_bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Scoring as many points as you can is the point of the offense. I’m not so sure they care if it takes them 3 plays or 15. 

Working the clock has its place but I don’t agree that many teams would rather drag out drives. If you have a source for that I’d love to read about it.

that’s what I’m hoping for

That strategy seemed to work out just fine for Indy versus KC last week

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, london_bills said:

We need to see more good from Allen to outweigh the picks. Even if he throws picks but we see him get better, 300 yd game, good throws and reads, clutch drives THEN THAT OUTWEIGHS THE PICKS FOR ME.

If he's throwing 20+ picks for the next few years that's a problem.  But at this point in his developmental and given the type of QB he is it's not a big deal.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

If he's throwing 20+ picks for the next few years that's a problem.  But at this point in his developmental and given the type of QB he is it's not a big deal.

Agreed. If they believe in 'development'' with Allen it's actually good that he throws a few. I say that because of the type of QB he is. He's not tyrod. Hopefully he can be a Rivers.

Edited by london_bills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

like all things, it relative, in and of itself interceptions are certainly not good, puts a lot of pressure on the team, but if we continue win games it becomes less an issue, not ideal of course but not soul crushing, fingers crossed, and enjoy the ride. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I don’t really get how you don’t understand it. After you see a certain amount of games you get a solid indication of what a player is roughly expected to give you each game... you get half way through a season you have a solid idea of what a player is giving you on a per game basis. There are obviously outliers but it’s a pretty simple concept. 

I think some things are more accurate than others, such as yds or receptions as opposed to tds or ints. 

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

What? I think you’re confused here.

I think (just a wild guess) what he is pointing to is that in 3 of our 5 games we got a lead in the 1st half, looked like we might score a bunch and then stumbled offensively quite a bit in the 3rd quarter, for any given number of reasons.

That poster might believe that a slight or major shift in game plan is the primary reason for the slowdown. The old school "protect the lead"mentality.

Just a guess.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think (just a wild guess) what he is pointing to is that in 3 of our 5 games we got a lead in the 1st half, looked like we might score a bunch and then stumbled offensively quite a bit in the 3rd quarter, for any given number of reasons.

That poster might believe that a slight or major shift in game plan is the primary reason for the slowdown. The old school "protect the lead"mentality.

Just a guess.

He tried making the argument that teams score fewer points based on coaching philosophy which to me is ridiculous. 

Edited by Bangarang

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Just a guess.

This 3rd quarter thing is a problem. I'd love to see the stats on the offence coming out of half time. We never score there!

8 hours ago, london_bills said:

This 3rd quarter thing is a problem. I'd love to see the stats on the offence coming out of half time. We never score there!

Yes.

3rd quarter is absolutely the problem.

I saw Allen's numbers in the 3rd quarter in an article I think in The Athletic recently and they are utterly atrocious. On the flip side, his numbers in just the other 3 quarters are really impressive.

I don't know what's going on at the half, but it needs to be fixed.