Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

Just now, KD in CA said:

If he'd have put together 4th quarter scoring drives every week, I suspect most here would have been fine with Tyrod.

Allen (17 games) and Tyrod (67 games) each have 4 career fourth quarter comebacks.  

I had just been wondering that stat. That’s INSANE.... very telling. 

#GAMER

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

If you wanna be simple with it, sure.... how about some context though. How many times did Tyrod end hot and bring the bills back? We you every confident with him at the helm while were down late in a game?

i feel like you are better than this. Unless you are being overly simple just for the sake of argument

Tyrod didn’t have a defense as good as what Allen has helping him this year.

If I had to pick between Allen or Tyrod to lead a comeback then I would pick Allen because he’s more willing to push the ball downfield for better or worse.  

Edited by Bangarang

14 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Tools gonna tool.

Funny, you were awfully quiet about Allen until midway through the 3rd quarter when he actually started to look like a competent QB. Not even a blind homer like yourself could try and defend him before that point. You did manage to  use up all your stored up ignorance by bashing Oliver for some weird reason. 

Edited by Bangarang

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Funny, you were awfully quiet about Allen until midway through the 4th quarter. Not even a blind homer like yourself could try and defend him. You did manage to  use up all your stored up ignorance by bashing Oliver for some weird reason. 

There was a first rounder on the defense to bash today as well if you wanted to deflect.... but it wasn't Ed Oliver. 

9 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The point of this thread is to rub the facts in the noses of those who said he'd never be better than a 50% passer.

Ya know?

“He’s still one of the worst in the league but he’s not THE worst in the league so take that losers!”

Just now, GunnerBill said:

There was a first rounder on the defense to bash today as well if you wanted to deflect.... but it wasn't Ed Oliver. 

Edmunds was brutal today. Honestly, I’d probably consider sliding him over to SLB once Lorax decides to hang em up. 

Except that ignoramus wasn't paying attention.

I was defending our QB. But it gets tiresome and pointless when the fools are legion.

Taking a different tack, and putting known Allen haters on block. Should make things more enjoyable around here.

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

“He’s still one of the worst in the league but he’s not THE worst in the league so take that losers!”

Edmunds was brutal today. Honestly, I’d probably consider sliding him over to SLB once Lorax decides to hang em up. 

He made about three awful plays and about three excellent ones. He wasn't good. But his teammates at the times he wasn't playing well were equally as bad. And yet in the end, I thought Walton ran all over them and he had 66 yards. They gave up 14,points and Fitz was the good Fitz 80-90% of the game. 

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Completion percentage, without more, is a pretty meaningless statistic.

It's totally meaningless without more. As usual, you're too kind. ;)

15 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

This is fine and all, but as someone pointed out in another thread, 62.4% is good for 24th among passers.  Add in that he's 25th in ypa and he's still got a long way to go as a passer.

60% is the bare minimum in this era of the NFL, it shouldn't be considered a milestone.

Patience, Grasshopper.  When you draft a guy with a college career completion of 56%, and his first year is 53%, the first questions are “why?” and “can he improve enough to be functional in the NFL?”  

When 6 games in, he’s improved his completion % almost 10% despite throwing it away more and having plenty of room for further improvement, it is a positive sign.  If he finishes the year at that level it will be a milestone.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I was defending our QB. But it gets tiresome and pointless when the fools are legion.

Taking a different tack, and putting known Allen haters on block. Should make things more enjoyable around here.

Defending our Quarterback by attacking other players who are actually playing okay is a strange approach. 

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You wouldn’t dare put anyone critical of Allen on block. You live for puffing your chest and trying to call people out. 

Defending our Quarterback by attacking other players who are actually playing okay is a strange approach. 

My beef with Oliver is legitimate and separate from whatever defense I mount for the QB. He's VASTLY over-rated, IMO.

Bangarang just likes to conflate the two, because he can't stand anyone defending the QB.

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It is interesting because the OC followed Flores from New England and that is pretty much what the Patriots did to Edmunds last season. Confuse him and make him make an early decision every play then use his aggressiveness against him. This year he had maybe his best game against New England but then was exposed a very similar way by Miami..... it was his worst game as a pro but that thread from New England to Miami gameplan wise is interesting. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Funny, you were awfully quiet about Allen until midway through the 3rd quarter when he actually started to look like a competent QB. Not even a blind homer like yourself could try and defend him before that point. You did manage to  use up all your stored up ignorance by bashing Oliver for some weird reason. 

Really?  You’re really looking foolish in this thread, which isn’t surprising. You are bashing Allen, but are too ignorant to admit that the defense was the real culprit in almost losing this game. Yes, everyone’s precious defense sucked today. Until Tre’s interception. Allen has drops from Knox that would have been 6 and Beasley. That would have changed a lot. All you are likely focusing on his missed deep ball to Roberts. Wake up and see the big picture...

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

My beef with Oliver is legitimate and separate from whatever defense I mount for the QB. He's VASTLY over-rated, IMO.

Bangarang just likes to conflate the two, because he can't stand anyone defending the QB.

No it is legitimate to conflate the two because YOU chose to in a post in the game thread. You defended Allen by saying we were struggling because of Oliver being "unable to finish". It was untrue and made you look foolish frankly. 

No it is legitimate to conflate the two because YOU chose to in a post in the game thread. You defended Allen by saying we were struggling because of Oliver being "unable to finish". It was untrue and made you look foolish frankly. 

I said we were losing that game because Oliver is unable to finish.

the ONE thing I want to see from Oliver, and the ONLY thing I want to see from him is drive-ending sacks.

That's it. That's the bill of goods being sold on the guy, and he's not delivering.

• Sad 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I said we were losing that game because Oliver is unable to finish.

the ONE thing I want to see from Oliver, and the ONLY thing I want to see from him is drive-ending sacks.

That's it. That's the bill of goods being sold on the guy, and he's not delivering.

Then that is on you not him. And that was not why were losing. We were losing because the O couldn't finish drives with 6 and because Edmunds couldn't finish his dinner today let alone a play. 

• Like (+1) 1

Then that is on you not him. And that was not why were losing. We were losing because the O couldn't finish drives with 6 and because Edmunds couldn't finish his dinner today let alone a play. 

Right.

Again, I think you place a WHOLE lot of value in your draft board, and are quite unwilling to second-guess it. You're not alone in that regard.

We were losing in the first half because the defense couldn't manage against the inside run by Miami, couldn't get to Fitz and couldn't stop a cold.