Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

i don't think i would even say that the interception was a terrible decision on his part. had Yeldon not stopped running, i don't think the interception is made, not that Yeldon catches it but no interception. i could be wrong though and would love to see a clip of the play.

There is a great clip of it in the "grading" thread.  You are correct.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Hey @Seven-N-Nine this thread is about Josh Allen's wildly improved completion percentage, not some other team's QB.

Right now there's a gameday thread specifically for you to talk about Mahomes since the Chiefs are playing right now.

Go over there and stop trolling.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Hey @Seven-N-Nine this thread is about Josh Allen's wildly improved completion percentage, not some other team's QB.

Right now there's a gameday thread specifically for you to talk about Mahomes since the Chiefs are playing right now.

Go over there and stop trolling.

Someone else brought up Mahomes dude. 

34 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Great QB's win superbowls more often than great defenses.

You may want to check back through history on that.  It would be interesting to see if that’s truly valid.

26 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

No, but did you see that play Mahomes just made?

Don’t care.  Not my QB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Think of what this team would be with this D and Mahomes. Can't blame fans for wishing Mahomes was the pick.

Yes we can.  It's a ridiculous obsession. 

Every draft sees teams pass on studs.  Do you think Jacksonville would have rather picked McCaffrey over Fournette in 2017?  The Bills didn't even take a QB in 2017. 

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Yah . I just saw a Mahomes led offense manage to score just 13 points at home against the Colts in a losing effort lol

yeah but he had a good stat line - 22/39  321 yards and 1 TD.  

Compare that to the lowly Colts QB stats -J. Brissett  18/29  151 yards, No TD's and 1 int!   

Some would rather lose looking good than win looking ugly. 

• Like (+1) 1

At the risk of the Mahomes talk continuing, a couple thoughts:

Mahomes is a great QB and will continue to be a great QB for his entire career, health pending.

BUT...

He sat for a year behind a really good veteran QB under the tutelage of a Head Coach with tons of history in developing QBs.

And for as much as he was labelled ad "raw" coming out of College, he had 600 more college passing attempts on a D1 team whose competition was significantly greater than that of what Allen saw in Wyoming. And you can go as far back as High School to find the lack of specialization or QB camps that all QBs who wind up in the NFL likely go through.

Amazingly, Allen still has A LOT to learn in the NFL game. But you can see strides from last season he's made with regard to accuracy and especially decision making. Right now Allen is still learning while playing, and it's obvious.

I don't know that Allen will ever be as good as Mahomes--who is certainly on the trajectory to be the best QB in NFL history statistically--but as cliche as this argument might be, Mahomes wouldn't have been Mahomes in Buffalo. He would have been forced into the starting lineup in 2017 when Taylor struggled in that Rick Dennison offense with a putrid OL and horrible WR corps and Mahomes wouldn't have been putting up the video game numbers he puts up in KC.

Mahomes has had a great team and a great coach surrounding him the last 2 years. And he's been great.

None of those things are mutually exclusive.

Last year our Defense was great but our offense was bad, particularly at OL and WR. 

The Bills are still putting the pieces around Allen, and I don't think McBeane are done yet. But with those added pieces, you can SEE the improvements, even if the stats aren't reflected there.

So while I honestly don't think it's reasonable to expect Allen to be better than Mahomes, over the span of their careers I do believe it's possible Allen can be the Jim Kelly to Mahomes's Marino.

Give Mahomes the statistics and personal accolades.

Give us the Championships... just make them NFL Championships rather than Conference :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Someone else brought up Mahomes dude. 

LOL...  he scolded you for a Mahomes reference when this entire every living thread repeats the same old news.

I think the NFL world is now accepting of the Inaccurate passer as a fallacy.

We can almost say this thread is obsolete