Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Meh, whattya gonna do? Lay out the tape and expect people to watch it and change their minds?

I am quite fortunate that I'm able to watch every game every week. It's invaluable in terms of putting performance into context.

All you really need to know about Allen:

His top two receivers are having career years with him throwing to them.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Safe to say you dont know what the "it" factor is.

Mahomes, Watson, and Jackson would have made those throws- that’s what “it” factor looks like to me...now, Allen May someday get to that level, but he is not there yet...

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

All you really need to know about Allen:

His top two receivers are having career years with him throwing to them.

Yeah, but that's only because we throw the ball more than other teams. Wait...no, it's because we're always playing from behind. Wait...no, it's because they gain huge separation and never drop the ball. Wait...no, it's because they have a size advantage and huge catch radii, so they always crush contested catches. Wait..no, it's...

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Yeah, but that's only because we throw the ball more than other teams. Wait...no, it's because we're always playing from behind. Wait...no, it's because they gain huge separation and never drop the ball. Wait...no, it's because they have a size advantage and huge catch radii, so they always crush contested catches. Wait..no, it's...

Exactly. I've tired so much of these micro-analyzers I've put most of them on mute. Makes the board a whole lot more enjoyable.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Stevie Johnson has career years with Fitz...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

This idea that EVERY poor throw by Allen is a referendum on his ability is total crap. I suspect that idea is offered up by those who don’t watch much NFL football in general and QB play in particular. 

It all depends how you view Allen.

For me it buys into the fact that he's inconsistent. I thought the dallas game he was more consistent in his play. 

If he plays a difficult defense and makes a poor throw people might look and find reasons as to why it was a bad throw. These things would be right, it's not always totally on him, if the line collapses for example. 

I suppose I'm waiting to be proved wrong about his inconsistency. That's probably why every bad throw feels like it says something defining about him. 

11 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Mahomes, Watson, and Jackson would have made those throws- that’s what “it” factor looks like to me...now, Allen May someday get to that level, but he is not there yet...

Did you see Ravens v Pats? Jackson beat then on the ground w/Ingram, he wasn't throwing it all over the park on that defense...come on

And guys, just for the record, it’s ok to criticize players for playing poorly... you don’t have to be scared of someone taking your fan card away lol

You can still root for Josh and criticize him at the same time...it’s not a “dis or dat”. ?

i feel like there are some fans that feel they just have to toe the line of always praising Allen, and ridiculing those who just want better from their QBS,  and point out where he needs to improve. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, london_bills said:

It all depends how you view Allen.

For me it buys into the fact that he's inconsistent. I thought the dallas game he was more consistent in his play. 

If he plays a difficult defense and makes a poor throw people might look and find reasons as to why it was a bad throw. These things would be right, it's not always totally on him, if the line collapses for example. 

I suppose I'm waiting to be proved wrong about his inconsistency. That's probably why every bad throw feels like it says something defining about him. 

That’s on you, then. But you may want to brace yourself because Allen is going to have bad plays, bad series, and bad games while you’re waiting. You’ll be wallowing in more misery. 

It’s interesting, from a psychological standpoint, that his bad throws are so definitive while every other aspect of QB play, INCLUDING those aspects that don’t involve throwing the ball, are ignored. 

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Did you see Ravens v Pats? Jackson beat then on the ground w/Ingram, he wasn't throwing it all over the park on that defense...come on

Come on, what? 

Are teams not allowed to game plan differently for different teams?

Also, it wasn’t like the Pats defense was so smothering that WRs weren’t open...guys were open but Josh just wasn’t hitting them consistently enough when the opportunity arose...and I’m sure, knowing his character, he would tell you the same...

Edited by JaCrispy

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Come on, what? 

Are teams not allowed to game plan differently for different teams?

Also, it wasn’t like the Pats defense was so smothering that WRs weren’t open...guys were open but Josh just wasn’t hitting them consistently enough when the opportunity arose.

I'm saying that Allen arguably outplayed Jackson against the league's best defense. That's an apples to apples comparison. 

Belichick is tough on young QBs. I think the hysteria over Allen's performance Saturday is ridiculous .

• Like (+1) 3

I also 

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Apparently not :lol:

Your tactic is to wait for a great play and post to confirm that you are right about

Allen.

I think your belief is that he shouldn't be critiqued and should just be supported, whilst you often critique other teams QBs (Jackson etc) as being overrated. This tends to lose my belief in what you say.

It comes across that you view things very much as black and white. Supporters vs haters. 

I think

1.the difference with me is that I don't need to be proved right or wrong. We all thi k we are right but I'd like to be wrong about Allen actually. 

2.remember a single great play does not mean that he will be great. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, london_bills said:

I also 

Your tactic is to wait for a great play and post to confirm that you are right about

Allen.

I think your belief is that he shouldn't be critiqued and should just be supported, whilst you often critique other teams QBs (Jackson etc) as being overrated. This tends to lose my belief in what you say.

It comes across that you view things very much as black and white. Supporters vs haters. 

I think

1.the difference with me is that I don't need to be proved right or wrong. We all thi k we are right but I'd like to be wrong about Allen actually. 

2.remember a single great play does not mean that he will be great. 

Nor does a bad throw, which everyone acknowledges he's made, mean he won't be!

You also seem to need to be right about the inconsistency. I'll answer with Yes he is somewhat, most would acknowledge that, so there's that.

Serious question? can you acknowledge that will improve and already has?

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Thank you (+1) 1