Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't confuse him with the facts, man. 

I think you could make an argument for 4Q vs the Eagles.  

We had scored to make it 13-17 in the 3rd, then our D promptly gave up another TD and it was pretty clear the Bills D had no answer for "inside zone left"

Only time we weren't in it with a real chance to at least tie late in the game.

You mean the facts that JA is still a bottom of the league passer 2 seasons in? Don’t worry, I don’t think there is any way to get confused about that....?

Edited by JaCrispy

13 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

You mean the facts that JA is still a bottom of the league passer 2 seasons in? Don’t worry, I don’t think there is any way to get confused about that....?

No, I meant your contention " You laugh but the sad part is Josh can’t even get 300 yards in garbage time... "

It's germaine to that "sad part" statement of yours that there is only one game this past season when the Bills can arguably have said to be in "garbage time" at all, and that game took place on a blustery day with high winds when neither QB broke 200 yds.  In fact Wentz had 2 fewer net passing yards than Allen did.

So calling out "the sad part is Josh can't even get 300 yds in garbage time.." when the only game which arguably had garbage time last season, was horrible wx for passing, is a "sad stretch" for an argument.

The Bait and Switch tactic of failing to acknowledge a fair cop and switching claims instead, I have no comment on .... You Do You, and get judged by your content and behavior.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, I meant your contention " You laugh but the sad part is Josh can’t even get 300 yards in garbage time... "

It's germaine to that "sad part" statement of yours that there is only one game this past season when the Bills can arguably have said to be in "garbage time" at all, and that game took place on a blustery day with high winds when neither QB broke 200 yds.  In fact Wentz had 2 fewer net passing yards than Allen did.

So calling out "the sad part is Josh can't even get 300 yds in garbage time.." when the only game which arguably had garbage time last season, was horrible wx for passing, is a "sad stretch" for an argument.

The Bait and Switch tactic of failing to acknowledge a fair cop and switching claims instead, I have no comment on .... You Do You, and get judged by your content and behavior.

I apologize if my post wasn’t more clear...BigBillsFan’s post referenced Manning’s first and second season accomplishments...which is what I was trying to compare with JA-...26 games in...no 300 yard games or 3500 yard season or 4/5 td games...that would include garbage time and overtime games in both seasons...and that was the sad part...

You would think that a top 10 quarterback would be able to “stumble” into that at least once or twice in 26 games...right?

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I apologize if my post wasn’t more clear...BigBillsFan’s post referenced Manning’s first and second season accomplishments...which is what I was trying to compare with JA-...26 games in...no 300 yard games or 3500 yard season or 4/5 td games...that would include garbage time and overtime games in both seasons...and that was the sad part...

You would think that a top 10 quarterback would be able to “stumble” into that at least once or twice in 26 games...right?

Wow, hung up on 300 yard games as your way to evaluate a QB is rather myopic and pathetic.

27 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Wow, hung up on 300 yard games as your way to evaluate a QB is rather myopic and pathetic.

Sorry you fail to see the point of that small aspect...but I have not the energy to explain over and over why it’s more than just throwing for “300” that is important in being a top passer...

And btw, there is no need to minimize the accomplishment of 300 yards just because Josh hasn’t been able to achieve it yet...hopefully he will become efficient enough to do so...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Top 10 by what metric? And the answer is “it depends”...on what you ask? Many factors like pass attempts, YAC, PA pass attempts, air yards attempted vs YAC, etc

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Sorry you fail to see the point of that small aspect...but I have not the energy to explain over and over why it’s more than just throwing for 300 that is important in being a top passer...

And btw, there is no need to minimize the accomplishment of 300 yards just because Josh hasn’t been able to achieve it yet...hopefully he will become efficient enough to do so...

So would rather have the Aaron Rodgers outcome from this weekend or the Jimmy G outcome?

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yet we passed 41 times that day and only ran 14.  ?

I was at that game. It was very windy.

17 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Yet we passed 41 times that day and only ran 14.  ?

I meant Iggles game (hence the Wentz reference).  34 passing attempts, 20 rushes.  But 8 were by Allen and may have been scrambles.

“I think it says (Daboll's) somewhat of a lunatic, you know what I mean?” Morse said.

I was at that game. It was very windy.

Cancel the "somewhat", Mitch

7 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Oh really? Cherry picking huh?

The best 2 teams in the NFL this season were Baltimore and SF. What do they have in common? Each lead their respective conference in rushing attempts.

Yes you have the last 15 years and you pick the anomaly. That's the definition of cherry picking which is you have a lot of data and you avoid it all to pick that which suits your argument.

15 years is basically a "who's who" of the best QBs with few exceptions. This year it's Mahomes.

15 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

Yes you have the last 15 years and you pick the anomaly. That's the definition of cherry picking which is you have a lot of data and you avoid it all to pick that which suits your argument.

15 years is basically a "who's who" of the best QBs with few exceptions. This year it's Mahomes.

You need to re-read my last post

24 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

Permit me to assist you to address his entire post:

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Huh?  :huh:

You know exactly what I mean. It’s hard to take you seriously after spending three years doing the same song and dance with Tyrod. 

We don’t have to back up the excuse train this hard. We all know Josh doesn’t have Deandre Hopkins. 31 teams don’t have Deandre Hopkins. It would be nice to have one and it would make Josh look better. It probably wouldn’t make him a better QB, he needs to do that on his own.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I meant Iggles game (hence the Wentz reference).  34 passing attempts, 20 rushes.  But 8 were by Allen and may have been scrambles.

“I think it says (Daboll's) somewhat of a lunatic, you know what I mean?” Morse said.

Cancel the "somewhat", Mitch

That game really soured me on Daboll.

• Like (+1) 1