Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 12:25 PM, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Hard to argue with success. He doesn't blow leads.

On 12/20/2019 at 12:02 PM, ScottLaw said:

He's a good HC for sure....but he gets way too conservative at times.... such as the cluster ***** last two minutes of playing for the tie against Browns. The conservative strategy employed last week in the 4th won't work against the better teams and better QBs in the playoffs. Hopefully the approach changes in a close game against a Watson or Mahomes. 

Well that didn't age to well.

There are so many stats out there for QB play that it truly is information overload. Allen is a young QB who still needs a lot of work reading defenses and cleaning up some mechanical aspects of his game, but is certainly on the right track. The biggest issue with Allen from what I’ve noticed is that he doesn’t read the entire field well. He can read the safeties and has an idea where to go pre-snap, but that’s only step one in a QBs development. 

Coming from a Jets fans perspective I’d be much more confident in Allen morphing  into a franchise QB over Darnold at this point just based on the trajectory of their career thus far. Allen took an enormous leap year 1 to year 2whereas Darnolds year 2 was more of a regression. 

All in All both players have the talent to be franchise QBs, but time will tell if either can live up to their potential. 

• Like (+1) 4

58 minutes ago, DCofNC said:
  On 12/20/2019 at 12:02 PM, ScottLaw said:

He's a good HC for sure....but he gets way too conservative at times.... such as the cluster ***** last two minutes of playing for the tie against Browns. The conservative strategy employed last week in the 4th won't work against the better teams and better QBs in the playoffs. Hopefully the approach changes in a close game against a Watson or Mahomes. 

Well that didn't age to well.

So they lose a 16-0 lead a month after this post and you go back and call me out. Feel better now? Is that what you do regularly go back and do this kind of thing? Wow, you can go back and point out other 99x i've been correct. JEEZ the internet.

1 hour ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

So they lose a 16-0 lead a month after this post and you go back and call me out. Feel better now? Is that what you do regularly go back and do this kind of thing? Wow, you can go back and point out other 99x i've been correct. JEEZ the internet.

Easy big fella, just saying the point was made you can't always coach like you are afraid to lose and you happened to be the guy saying it was working.  The problem is when you face real teams, they can score.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

High School
2011 2012- 59%
2012-2013 - 50%
2013-2014 - 57%

Junior College

2015 - 49%

College
2016 - 56%
2017 - 56.3%

NFL
2018 - 52.8%
2019 - 58.8%

The next time Josh is over 60% will be the first time.

okay to be fair he DID throw 6 passes in his first season with Wyoming and completed 4 of them for a 66.7%.  ????

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

High School
2011 2012- 59%
2012-2013 - 50%
2013-2014 - 57%

College
2016 - 56%
2017 - 56.3%

NFL
2018 - 52.8%
2019 - 58.8%

okay to be fair he DID throw 6 passes in his first season with Wyoming and completed 4 of them for a 66.7%.  ????

This is sad...fingers crossed that Daboll can create an offense that will help Josh become a more efficient passer...there is no reason that, in today’s game, that any QB should be under 60% completions imo...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

High School
2011 2012- 59%
2012-2013 - 50%
2013-2014 - 57%

College
2016 - 56%
2017 - 56.3%

NFL
2018 - 52.8%
2019 - 58.8%

High school results mean zero, zip, nada when it comes to the NFL.  I can't believe anyone would post them in order to make a point. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

High school results mean zero, zip, nada when it comes to the NFL.  I can't believe anyone would post them in order to make a point. 

there’s no point.

no agenda.

just stats.  I’ll leave it up to everyone to interpret what they mean or don’t.

i didn’t create these stats,  I didn’t make up these stats.

i simply posted these stats.  That is all.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

there’s no point.

no agenda.

just stats.  I’ll leave it up to everyone to interpret what they mean or don’t.

i didn’t create these stats,  I didn’t make up these stats.

i simply posted these stats.  That is all.

Oh please, the agenda is that Allen isn't accurate.  Own it for crying out loud!

If you actually watch high school football you wouldn't post the stats because they have NO relation to what a guy does in the NFL.

The ONLY % completion numbers that matter for Allen is that he went from 53% to 59% in one year.  A similar improvement next season will see Allen in the low mid 60's for % completion.  Then you guys are going to have to find something else to complain about.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

High School
2011 2012- 59%
2012-2013 - 50%
2013-2014 - 57%

College
2016 - 56%
2017 - 56.3%

NFL
2018 - 52.8%
2019 - 58.8%

I’m kinda curious what happened to 2014 and 2015

I mean, maybe better, maybe worse, but when you’re trying to make a point and go back to high school the gap is kind of strange.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Oh please, the agenda is that Allen isn't accurate.  Own it for crying out loud!

If you actually watch high school football you wouldn't post the stats because they have NO relation to what a guy does in the NFL.

The ONLY % completion numbers that matter for Allen is that he went from 53% to 59% in one year.  A similar improvement next season will see Allen in the low mid 60's for % completion.  Then you guys are going to have to find something else to complain about.

again I’ve got nothing to complain about because it’s not really a big deal.

But I couldn’t just say the first time Allen throws for 60% in his life will be the first time in his life.

i don’t like to just post things without the facts.  I needed to actually backed up with the numbers.

So when I say the next time Allen throws for 60% in a season will be his first time you can believe it because I just posted the stats of his entire life of playing  organized football

2 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

But I couldn’t just say the first time Allen throws for 60% in his life will be the first time in his life.

i don’t like to just post things without the facts.  I needed to actually backed up with the numbers.

So when I say the next time Allen throws for 60% in a season will be his first time you can believe it because I just posted the stats of his entire life of playing  organized football

Except you didn’t.  What about 2014 and 2015?  Could be better, could be worse

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except you didn’t.  What about 2014 and 2015?  Could be better, could be worse

Ahh your right. And it’s worse.

2014 with Reedley College - 49%
2015 with Wyoming - 66.7% on 6 passes attempts

(but I already stated that in original post)

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

7 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I didn't see his one year at Jr college numbers.  Not did you post his freshman football or Junior high football numbers.  Hell why not go back to Pop Warner football it might really strengthen your argument.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Ahh your right.

2014 with Reedley College - 49%
2015 with Wyoming - 66.7% on 6 passes attempts

(but I already stated that in original post)

You want FACTS - FACTS that matter?  2018 in his rookie season Allen completed 53% of his passes.  In 2019 his 2nd season Allen completed 59% of his passes.  Great improvement in % completion indicating that next year we should expect Allen to complete somewhere between 60 - 65% of his passes.