Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

Ouch! Under 60% completion rate and under 7 yards per attempt! That's not very encouraging. It's way better than last year, but doesn't explain all of the blind optimism Bills fans have for him. I'd keep drafting QB's even in middle rounds and hope for the next Russell Wilson to replace him.

I don't know what the drop rate is for our receivers, but I know that inaccurate throws will get dropped more often than well placed throws no matter who's trying to catch them.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Does an incompletion hurt the team more than an Interception?

Do you think another QB in the NFL makes that 4th and 1 yesterday or vs Dallas?

One needs to weigh it ALL when thinking about the QB, not just whether he missed a few throws he should have completed... although once again, at that point, shouldn't we also factor in the 22+ passes that our WRs, TEs and RBs dropped this year?

why does an incompletion need to be compared to an interception- he missed 2 open receivers for touchdowns. He needs to make those passes. I'm not discounting the good things he does, as I mentioned in my post, but we likely win the game if he hits those 2, and those were very makeable passes.

On 12/21/2019 at 11:29 PM, dakrider said:

Good or bad, Allen was light years better than his week 4 performance.   Week 4 was a TKO, this game at least went to the end. 

We've seen this from Allen from Allen every time now in his young career. He just gets better. Period. He grew from his first starts last season to his final starts last season. His overall growth from his rookie season to now has been amazing. His growth from early this season to now has also been amazing. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/22/2019 at 4:43 AM, BringBackOrton said:

I will quibble a bit here. I don’t think Daboll is BAD at giving Josh throws to get in rhythm. He could definitely do more. I’d like to see some swing passes to Singletary for starters.

It’s unfortunate that Josh is so hot and cold though. Honestly, by the second possession, you generally know if he’s “on” or not. When we played the Cowboys, he was on. When we played the Ravens and the Pats, you knew we were in for a up and down day. It’s just the kind of QB he is right now.

McD’s defense is good. They weren’t great yesterday. Idk what you’re watching either I guess.

Ravens and Pats D >>> Cowboys defense. That has to be a huge part of it. 

Transplantbillsfan just told us Allen is the only the second QB over the last two seasons to have a 100+ Qb rating playing in Foxboro. The other being Mahomes. That is great for Allen and also tells us just out great the Pats D is at home.

22 hours ago, london_bills said:

It's quite simple really. 

Just look at all the plays that are left on the field by allen. 

Watch the Allen presser. He admits to being jittery. 

Swap QBs and we win the game. 

Yet, Mahomes is the only other QB to have a 100+ QB rating at Foxboro the last two seasons. So, yeah swap Allen with Mahomes and we would have won. Sure. Swap Allen with your average QB and we do not win yesterday.

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Ravens and Pats D >>> Cowboys defense. That has to be a huge part of it. 

Transplantbillsfan just told us Allen is the only the second QB over the last two seasons to have a 100+ Qb rating playing in Foxboro. The other being Mahomes. That is great for Allen and also tells us just out great the Pats D is at home.

Yet, Mahomes is the only other QB to have a 100+ QB rating at Foxboro the last two seasons. So, yeah swap Allen with Mahomes and we would have won. Sure. Swap Allen with your average QB and we do not win yesterday.

Yeah what I was meaning has got lost after a few posts. I was talking about swapping the two QBs who played the game, Allen and Brady.

My point was to highlight how important the QB position is and that even though the defence sucked the consistency of the QB position - hitting the right receiver, getting the ball out just at the right time matters pretty much above everything. I was cringing when people were overdoing brady's decline as I was concerned he would show up. Its also the 'ice in the veins' QB point someone else made. 

7 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Lowest completion % in the NFL. Should we be concerned?

Nope not one bit!

He has the "IT" factor.

What was Tyrods completion %? Who would you rather have as a QB Allen or Tyrod? 

Tyrod can't hold Allens jock!  

7 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Lowest completion % in the NFL. Should we be concerned?

Sure...because there is no guarantee he will get better...as long as he is not at least a top 15 QB, there should definitely be concern...after all he was the #7 overall pick...

4 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Nope not one bit!

He has the "IT" factor.

What was Tyrods completion %? Who would you rather have as a QB Allen or Tyrod? 

Tyrod can't hold Allens jock!  

The “it” factor would have made those td passes to Knox...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Sure...because there is no guarantee he will get better

The “it” factor would have made those td passes to Knox...

But certainly not the early Knox throw that set up the Dawkins TD, or the Brown TD, or the 4th and 1 animal sneak, or the Beasley ropes on the final drive, or...maybe it's just easier to say that you're cherry picking.

• Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

But certainly not the early Knox throw that set up the Dawkins TD, or the Brown TD, or the 4th and 1 animal sneak, or the Beasley ropes on the final drive, or...maybe it's just easier to say that you're cherry picking.

Again...he was 13 for 26...that’s not “it” factor...if it is, we are in trouble...

Edited by JaCrispy

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

This idea that EVERY poor throw by Allen is a referendum on his ability is total crap. I suspect that idea is offered up by those who don’t watch much NFL football in general and QB play in particular. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

This idea that EVERY poor throw by Allen is a referendum on his ability is total crap. I suspect that idea is offered up by those who don’t watch much NFL football in general and QB play in particular. 

Lots of people lacking intelligence on this topic.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Meh, whattya gonna do? Lay out the tape and expect people to watch it and change their minds?

I am quite fortunate that I'm able to watch every game every week. It's invaluable in terms of putting performance into context.