Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Some of us, on the other hand, saw what the rest are now seeing back before the draft and weren't fooled by the mass narrative 

I watched him. Didn’t want him. I was a wrong Josher. I’ve come around though. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I watched him. Didn’t want him. I was a wrong Josher. I’ve come around though. 

Couldn’t help thinking about Josh Rosen on the 4th and 1 that Allen converted like a total beast!!  Zero chance Rosen makes that play. And that’s why we took the right Josh!

i was a doubter, but also came around!

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Some of us, on the other hand, saw what the rest are now seeing back before the draft and weren't fooled by the mass narrative 

The narrative on Allen just took on a life of its own - and there are people (both fans and media) still clinging to it.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Interesting. I saw it the other way actually.

there's a bit of a narrative to 'believe in allen' I think because he does some good things in games, hes a cool guy and comes across well, plays with passion, this regime is tied to him etc. 

I don't think theres any mass narrative against him, I hear more of a 'Allen is playing well' narrative from those that don't know about the Bills. 

He could be the kind of QB who makes some great plays but is destined to be inconsistent like he has been before the last several weeks. 

Yesterday felt different to me. Mainly because he was so consistent in the game and under control. 

Some posters are saying they want to see a 300 yd game, 3/4 TD game which is still fair enough to an extent..

..but seeing yesterday it just doesn't feel like an issue for me. 

Edited by london_bills

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Like I said at the time: Allen will be a fine case study for folks that believe they know what to look for in a QB.

Myself included

Agree to some extent. But that said you're likely not going to see many guys in the future with the combination he has of size, arm strength, arm talent, agility, speed, scrambling, running, smarts and attitude. It's a ridiculous skill set. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Commander Shepard said:

Would be really great if he could bring that up to 65% by the end of the season.  That would be stellar improvement over last year, not that it hasn't already been the case. He'd quiet the draft experts right quick.

He already has.  The stats do not concern me.  Just keep improving and get us to the playoffs!

Someone made a comment on one of the shows this morning comparing Allen to Lamar talking about how much more accurate Lamar is (I believe the wording was "nowhere near as accurate as Lamar").  Granted I'm just going by completion % but looking at the number Lamar is 200/299 for 66.9% and Allen is at 225/366 for 61.5%.

Based on these numbers the 5.4% difference comes down to 19 completions over his 12 games played.  That's 1.58 catches per game.  Now again I'm just going based on comp % but I don't see how he's "nowhere near" especially if he keeps having games like yesterday.

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Someone made a comment on one of the shows this morning comparing Allen to Lamar talking about how much more accurate Lamar is (I believe the wording was "nowhere near as accurate as Lamar").  Granted I'm just going by completion % but looking at the number Lamar is 200/299 for 66.9% and Allen is at 225/366 for 61.5%.

Based on these numbers the 5.4% difference comes down to 19 completions over his 12 games played.  That's 1.58 catches per game.  Now again I'm just going based on comp % but I don't see how he's "nowhere near" especially if he keeps having games like yesterday.

That was Max Kellerman, who also said the Cowboys lost the game and was abruptly schooled by Louis Riddick as to why the Bills won the game and caused Dallas to look bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Some posters are saying they want to see a 300 yd game, 3/4 TD game which is still fair enough to an extent..

The throw to McKenzie on 2nd and 5 in the third quarter is why this narrative is dumb. Allen puts the ball right on him in stride and he stumbles because he's trying to secure the catch and gets tackled...because he's not as talented as other true wideouts who would turn that into 50+ receiving yards for the QB. For what Allen's been working weapons-wise with his statistics are fine which should have been apparent from the beginning when you look at the offensive side of the ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

His original take pre/post draft must have been Lamar truther & Allen hater.

He probably doesn't want to trip by back-peddling so fast on Allen.

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

The throw to McKenzie on 2nd and 5 in the third quarter is why this narrative is dumb. Allen puts the ball right on him in stride and he stumbles because he's trying to secure the catch and gets tackled...because he's not as talented as other true wideouts who would turn that into 50+ receiving yards for the QB. For what Allen's been working weapons-wise with his statistics are fine which should have been apparent from the beginning when you look at the offensive side of the ball.

Allen also only attempted 4 passes in the 4th quarter because we were in clock kill mode.