Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

17 hours ago, london_bills said:

That's the result of having a defensive head coach. Something I like about mcdermott is the going for it on 4th down calls. Didnt think we'd get that. 

I still don't think the bills have a great signature win against a really good team under mcdermott.

but we do beat the teams we are supposed to beat. 

How many "really good teams" have they had the opportunity to have some kind of "signature win" against THIS YEAR?

The Pats? Allen didn't even have an opportunity to finish.

Just let the team develop. Big deal, they lost to the Eagles...it could have been any team really...they could have beat the Eagles but lost to the Giants, would I feel any different..NO! 

They are gonna lose some games, just like the Dynasty 49ers, the Dynasty Steelers, and every other ***** team except the 72 Dolphins. 

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

How many "really good teams" have they had the opportunity to have some kind of "signature win" agains THIS YEAR?

The Pats?

Just let the team develop. Big deal, they lost to the Eagles...it could have been any team really...they could have beat the Eagles but lost to the Giants, would I feel any different..NO! 

They are gonna lose some games, just like the Dynasty 49ers, the Dynasty Steelers, and every other ***** team except the 71 Dolphins. 

This season they lost to the best two teams they played, pats and eagles. 

6-2 record is great, it's good to beat the teams you should and generally under mcdermott they have done that. 

Not convinced we are seeing a team right now that can beat the better teams. Dallas, ravens, steelers will be tests. 

Edited by london_bills

18 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

How many "really good teams" have they had the opportunity to have some kind of "signature win" against THIS YEAR?

The Pats? Allen didn't even have an opportunity to finish.

They are gonna lose some games, just like the Dynasty 49ers, the Dynasty Steelers, and every other ***** team except the 71 Dolphins. 

72 Dolphins but who's counting

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, london_bills said:

This season they lost to the best two teams they played, pats and eagles. 

6-2 record is great, it's good to beat the teams you should and generally under mcdermott they have done that. 

Not convinced we are seeing a team right now that can beat the better teams. Dallas, ravens, steelers will be tests. 

I just dont think this team is a finished product......and with like 10 new starters on offense its tough to put up the points.

I think making the playoffs this year would be great......and another draft and free agency addresssing number 1 wide receiver, pass rush, and young guys with talent (like Dawson Knox) getting years under their belt.

Next year we will beat more good teams

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Judging by postgame pressers, the players and coaches on this team agree with you

I am fine with it not being a finished product.....we are stumbling along all the while probably playing some post season football.....and you never know what can happen there.

I still very much like the fact that our QB is at his best when it matters most.   4th quarter Josh was back today.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

Its not just Daboll, its the conservative approach of McDermott. Ever since the game against the Pats they have turned him into a game manager. The numbers you show prove that. Great QBs have to yards to go with those numbers. 

Until McDermott realizes your offense needs to do more then just enough, Allen will be JAG. 

If mcDermott was as conservative as you contend, we'd have punted or kicked FGs on 4th down instead of going for it. And personally I thought NOT kicking the FG on 4th and 1 was gonna bite em. Everyone says this team is not that good yet. If that is the case you should always take the points. This was a one-score game for a good chunk of the 2nd half because of passing on the FG. #TakeThePoints

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I was listening to the pregame show this morning and they had stats about Allen's drop back percentages from last year to this year.  I will try to find it but one of the biggest difference was his 0-1 step drops from year 1 to 2.  He went from I believe they said 21% were 0-1 last year and this year it jumped to 54%.  I don't remember the numbers but his 5-7 step dropped significantly this year (likely because of the increase in quick passes).

So I know people will complain about the long ball not happening but I feel like this is a product of trying to make him be a more all around passer and getting the short/quick stuff developed more than just letting him take big drops and chuck it like he did last year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If mcDermott was as conservative as you contend, we'd have punted or kicked FGs on 4th down instead of going for it. And personally I thought NOT kicking the FG on 4th and 1 was gonna bite em. Everyone says this team is not that good yet. If that is the case you should always take the points. This was a one-score game for a good chunk of the 2nd half because of passing on the FG. #TakeThePoints

They are conservative in that they rarely go for the big play that the good teams do. 

Until the play calling improves I think we'll continue to see around 200 yards passing. Just not enough screens and receivers in space. A lot of guys with big yards through the air benefit from YAC. Josh just doesn't get those kinds of plays often. Shame too, as we watched Singletary take a quick screen 49 yards today. Daboll seems to get a bunch of credit for running a modern offense but modern offenses employ quick screens. Daboll's does not.

5 minutes ago, Luka said:

Until the play calling improves I think we'll continue to see around 200 yards passing. Just not enough screens and receivers in space. A lot of guys with big yards through the air benefit from YAC. Josh just doesn't get those kinds of plays often. Shame too, as we watched Singletary take a quick screen 49 yards today. Daboll seems to get a bunch of credit for running a modern offense but modern offenses employ quick screens. Daboll's does not.

Practicing screens wouldn't hurt the defence either. Last in the league in defending them 

Edited by london_bills
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

While his comp% is not great and still a concern, it's better than I expected. If he finishes the season above 60% that's more progress than anyone would have expected. Too bad he lost the long ball along the way.

Did he ever really have the long ball?

Honestly it's looked like Allen has really excelled in the NFL intermediate throws between 10-25 yards. Those are the throws where accuracy and arm strength really matter because they're the plays with defenders all around. 

And so far, that's where Allen has excelled.

I'll take that. 

He'll hit a long ball or two by the end of the year. But those intermediate ones are the bread and butter of an NFL QB, and that's where he's really improved.

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I am fine with it not being a finished product.....we are stumbling along all the while probably playing some post season football.....and you never know what can happen there.

I still very much like the fact that our QB is at his best when it matters most.   4th quarter Josh was back today.

I like that too.

What frustrated me today was our opening drive in the 3rd quarter. The offense was moving the ball, then on 4th & inches we hand the ball off to Gore who is already 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage and lose the drive on downs.

Why didn't we go with the QB sneak? Allen had a much better chance at making that first down than Gore.

The worst thing about that play is that it came after the Redskins had called time out and they saw us running the ball with Gore. After the timeout we did the exact same play!

I'm glad we won today, but I just felt that we were going to score on that opening drive, be it a touchdown or field goal, and that would have really demoralized the Redskins.

14 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

What frustrated me today was our opening drive in the 3rd quarter. The offense was moving the ball, then on 4th & inches we hand the ball off to Gore who is already 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage and lose the drive on downs.

And that's after he got stuffed at the goal-line how many times earlier in the game?

If nothing else this Coaching staff seems to lack some very basic awareness at times...Maybe Gore was just having a bad day... But have some awareness and recognize, whether it's Gore or Washington's D-Line, it's NOT the day to hand him the ball in short yardage situations over and over again... Come up with something else...

Good grief...?

Edited by KOKBILLS
  • Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

And that's after he got stuffed at the goal-line how many times earlier in the game?

If nothing else this Coaching staff seems to lack some very basic awareness at times...Maybe Gore was just having a bad day... But have some awareness and recognize, whether it's Gore or Washington's D-Line, it's NOT the day to hand him the ball in short yardage situations over and over again... Come up with something else...

Good grief...?

Also fair

the game however was not close

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Also fair

the game however was not close

No, it was a convincing win.

But it wasn't the dominant win I think we've all been waiting for. 

Weird choices on the part of the coaches today.

No challenge flag on that long 3rd down pass to Brown?

3 of the exact same play on the goal line?

Running that little shovel pass to McKenzie twice in like 10-15 plays?

Going for it on 4th and a very long 1 in easy Hauschka range where you could put the game up by 14 rather than 11?

The predictable play call on 4th and a very long 1 in easy Hauschka range where you could put the game up by 14 rather than 11 after Gore was already stuffed on 3 straight goal line plays earlier?

Bein honest... I think we have our QB... I'm not as confident we have our coaches--mainly our OC...

35 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No, it was a convincing win.

But it wasn't the dominant win I think we've all been waiting for. 

Weird choices on the part of the coaches today.

No challenge flag on that long 3rd down pass to Brown?

3 of the exact same play on the goal line?

Running that little shovel pass to McKenzie twice in like 10-15 plays?

Going for it on 4th and a very long 1 in easy Hauschka range where you could put the game up by 14 rather than 11?

The predictable play call on 4th and a very long 1 in easy Hauschka range where you could put the game up by 14 rather than 11 after Gore was already stuffed on 3 straight goal line plays earlier?

Bein honest... I think we have our QB... I'm not as confident we have our coaches--mainly our OC...

That was a good no challenge, if you ask me. There's no way the refs reverse that. Was it interference? Probably. But the refs only reverse incredibly bad misses, not ones like that.

I agree with all of your other points. Play calling has not been helping this offense. Too many cute gadget plays in key situations. Too predictable. Running the same plays over and over (even when they aren't working). That's a problem.

The weird thing is I like a lot of the concepts that Daboll uses. I think he has designed a good offense. I just think he's bad at actually calling it sometimes.