Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

8 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

We're all part of the Soccer Mom cult of Josh Allen. Biscuit is just trying to intervene before it's too late.

Chris Sims on Sunday talked about how Allen doesn’t need to have huge games right now with our running game and defense.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Talk about making crap up.  I was one of the leading posters who wanted Tyrod gone.  I was happy when they let him go.  I did also realize that while he was completely limited, you could do worse, which we had for like 15 years.  

But i do realize being an irrational homer is going to be a lot more popular on this board.  I used to be a soccer mom.  I think we have a SB defense (especially with another pass rusher) and an offense that isn’t consistent enough that will hold us back.  

I also think Bills fans don’t know what good qb play looks like.  We get excited over 2 tds and 200 yards passing.  Jacoby Brissett can throw for 300+ yards and 4 tds.  Why is it a bad thing to want to see a monster offensive game where we don’t have to come back against a crappy team?

Oh yes. When most of us think of rational posting, you jump to mind. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Yes you did, no I didn’t, yes you did. No i didn’t, yes you did, no I didn’t, your wrong, no you are, lame azs, talk about being a lame azs,  Get off my lawn, kids nowadays, I think that’s got it covered..... ?

48 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Talk about making crap up.  I was one of the leading posters who wanted Tyrod gone.  I was happy when they let him go.  I did also realize that while he was completely limited, you could do worse, which we had for like 15 years.  

But i do realize being an irrational homer is going to be a lot more popular on this board.  I used to be a soccer mom.  I think we have a SB defense (especially with another pass rusher) and an offense that isn’t consistent enough that will hold us back.  

I also think Bills fans don’t know what good qb play looks like.  We get excited over 2 tds and 200 yards passing.  Jacoby Brissett can throw for 300+ yards and 4 tds.  Why is it a bad thing to want to see a monster offensive game where we don’t have to come back against a crappy team?

Aren't you one that defended EJ Manuel at every turn and swore he was going to be our franchise QB? And you are lecturing us on knowing what a good QB looks like?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I thought I saw somewhere that when you break it down to even under 30 yards hes still very high.  He hasnt hit a deep ball, and he has been intercepted on a handful of deep passes too.  PFF talks out of both sides of their mouth with Allen.  Last year when Allen was top 5 in deep balls they stated deep ball accuracy is a volatile rating. Going as far to say there is no correlation year over year and for Allen to become a capable starter he has to show the ability to consistently be accurate in the short to intermediate range. He does just that he is given 0 credit.  Is he an MVP candidate?  No.  Is he improving from year 1 to 2?  I think its its obviously yes.  Imo, the deep ball right now is watching a shooter on a cold stretch.  The way the % work, hes going to hit a streak of them.  When he does the optics of his play and performances get a big boost.  

Edited by Mat68

22 hours ago, hemma said:

I guess 13 drops (our current stat) for the entire team is probably not unusual, but I'm thinking 6 drops out of 23 attempts (Dawson Knox) IS outside the norm.

Tied for the most in the NFL, with few targets.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/buffalo-bills-team-stats?season=2019&week=0&category=RECEIVING

Knox catches those, Josh's completion % is 65.6% instead of 62.4%.

Now that Kroft is back and seemingly survived his first game, I wouldn't be surprised to see Knox's snap count to come way down.  

Knox is costing the team important first downs at critical times with his drops.

It's bad.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, teef said:

as of now i'm a dance dad, which is one of the lowest forms of dadom. 

:lol:

The stupefying boredom of sitting through my sister's dance recitals when I was a kid had a permanent effect on my psyche...

Two things I made sure of when I had kids - no dance and no soccer.  I was a volleyball/basketball/lacrosse/baseball/football Dad

The concerning part is that Allen is the lowest-graded quarterback in the NFL on deep pass attempts (+20 yards)  with a 27.9 passing grade.

Allen is one of 10 quarterbacks without a dropped ball on deep shots, but only nine of the 28 total passes have been deemed catchable.

Allen has unloaded an accurate deep pass just 21.4% of the time, the second-lowest percentage of the 33 qualified quarterbacks.

Allen's 67.9% of uncatchable inaccurate passes is the highest among all those quarterbacks. When he misses, he misses in such a rate that there is no chance for his receivers to make even the most dramatic catch. 

https://buffalonews.com/2019/10/23/buffalo-bills-pro-football-focus-josh-allen-deep-passes/

7 minutes ago, papazoid said:

The concerning part is that Allen is the lowest-graded quarterback in the NFL on deep pass attempts (+20 yards)  with a 27.9 passing grade.

Allen is one of 10 quarterbacks without a dropped ball on deep shots, but only nine of the 28 total passes have been deemed catchable.

Allen has unloaded an accurate deep pass just 21.4% of the time, the second-lowest percentage of the 33 qualified quarterbacks.

Allen's 67.9% of uncatchable inaccurate passes is the highest among all those quarterbacks. When he misses, he misses in such a rate that there is no chance for his receivers to make even the most dramatic catch. 

https://buffalonews.com/2019/10/23/buffalo-bills-pro-football-focus-josh-allen-deep-passes/

Needs to put a little more air under the ball on the deep throws.  His current WRs aren't as fast as Foster was last year.