Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or that crappy Mark Sanchez got a bunch of comebacks when he played with a dominant defense because his offense sucked most of the game.  But pretend not to understand. 

And for the record, I’d like to believe Allen is better than Sanchez.

so what is it that you're trying to prove?   let's just stop with the no one can criticize allen nonsense.  i'd say 95% of the posters on here know he needs to get better.  in the meantime, we've seen certain positives such as improvement in accuracy, willingness to keep his head in the game, 4th quarter comebacks etc.  he's certainly not close to perfect, but you go so far out of your way to be contrarian for what seems to be no reason at all.  we get it...you were a "homer" once.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

JA has erased all my fears about his short and intermediate passing game...I never thought that would happen, so even if he just maintains the same level of play the rest of the season, I will consider it a success.

It's a bit puzzling that Allen improves his short and intermediate passing dramatically but his long passing becomes worse. The following tweet also confirms what we fans see this season.

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

I am not pretending anything, that wasnt the original point you raised, you stated that comeback stat is overrated. I think that statement is demonstrably false

With our defense and our schedule, with a more consistent offense (I’m trying to be nice), there is a chance where Allen would have zero comebacks this season.  That’s why the stat is overrated. You shouldn’t have to comeback against the Bengals and Fins.  Without our defense, the Jets game is over in the first half.  We shouldn’t have to get excited we scored 14 points to win a game against the Titans.

its early, we’re 5-1.  But this defense is hiding a lot of faults. And if we going to be a true contender, we can’t keep on depending on them to keep us in every game.  We should be putting garbage teams away in the first half.  

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We could dig way more in this stat.  The more your team isn’t good, the more chances you have for a comeback.  The better your defense is, the more chances you have for a comeback.  

To say Allen’s comeback against the Titans where we scored 7 points until the 4th quarter is the same as the Reich one is crazy.  With this defense, more consistent offense would led to less opportunities for comebacks. 

Now what a smart offensive coach might say is that Allen seems to be better in a hurry up, less structured offense and to try it early in the games when the offense goes in a rut. 

I'd be willing to take you more seriously if you weren't in other threads responding to posts like this...

7 hours ago, pop gun said:

Jackson stat line vs the Seahawks was 9/20 143 yds, 0/0, 1 sack, 116 yards rushing  1 TD and 2 fumbles.

If that was Allens stat line 75% of this board would be calling for his benching and saying Barkley should be the starter going forward. Heck there were some calling for that during the Dolphins first half.  

...with posts like this:

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They won a road game in Seattle against a 5-1 team.  

I mean there is just zero consistency in any way that you talk about other QBs. For Allen his come backs don't count because our defense is good, but for Lamar Jackson the way that his team wins doesn't matter as long as they win.

And then you accuse other posters of being inconsistent homers.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

With our defense and our schedule, with a more consistent offense (I’m trying to be nice), there is a chance where Allen would have zero comebacks this season.  That’s why the stat is overrated. You shouldn’t have to comeback against the Bengals and Fins.  Without our defense, the Jets game is over in the first half.  We shouldn’t have to get excited we scored 14 points to win a game against the Titans.

its early, we’re 5-1.  But this defense is hiding a lot of faults. And if we going to be a true contender, we can’t keep on depending on them to keep us in every game.  We should be putting garbage teams away in the first half.  

Using hypotheticals doesn’t make your argument stronger which you believe it does for some reason.  “There is a chance” did not happen, what happened happened.

By your rationale, the Seahawks aren’t true contenders.

The only thing that could make these last 2 pages better is if somebody found something interesting and positive about the bills from a media outlet, posted it, and then C.Biscuit made sure we all knew that its silly to care or act remotely interested about such things as fans and he's just so far above all of that....

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The only thing that could make these last 2 pages better is if somebody found something interesting and positive about the bills from a media outlet, posted it, and then C.Biscuit made sure we all knew that its silly to care about such things as fans and he's just so far above all of that....

Most of his contribution to this board is going after Bills fans.  It is the strangest thing.

Just now, HappyDays said:

I'd be willing to take you more seriously if you weren't in other threads responding to posts like this...

...with posts like this:

I mean there is just zero consistency in any way that you talk about other QBs. For Allen his come backs don't count because our defense is good, but for Lamar Jackson the way that his team wins doesn't matter as long as they win.

And then you accuse other posters of being inconsistent homers.

Honestly, I couldn’t care less what you think about me.  There’s only a few posters I really pay attention. I just respond to the post. It’s never personal.

i do you hope you’re smarter to understand why beating Seattle on the road is a lot more impressive than beating Miami at home right?  I’d argue Allen’s beat start of his career was against Minnesota even though he had better stats against Miami last year,  the opponent matters. 

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Using hypotheticals doesn’t make your argument stronger which you believe it does for some reason.  “There is a chance” did not happen, what happened happened.

By your rationale, the Seahawks aren’t true contenders.

What??? They have a MVP qb.  The trumps everything.  If we had Wilson, we would be talked about as a SB team. 

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Most of his contribution to this board is going after Bills fans.  It is the strangest thing.

gather the kids, get together some orange slices, and jump into the minivan you soccer mom.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I do you hope you’re smarter to understand why beating Seattle on the road is a lot more impressive than beating Miami at home right?

Well, this has nothing to do with the point I made, but yeah. These are some words.

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm really concerned about certain aspects of allens game. but I AM SO FREAKING STOKED that he has was seems to be the "clutch gene" to overcome what might be 45 minutes of inconsistent play. it seems that gene is something you either have or you don't have and he SO FRIGGIN HAS IT! the rest of his game will come in due time IMO.

…….. it blows my mind somebody feels the need to come on and point out negatives to positive parts of our qb's gameplay. a positive that history shows can outweigh a ton of negative aspects at the position

4 minutes ago, teef said:

gather the kids, get together some orange slices, and jump into the minivan you soccer mom.

my mom crammed my friends and I into the back of damn mustang GT..... what a B**ch, right?????

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Well, this has nothing to do with the point I made, but yeah. These are some words.

don't worry. some of us got the point. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

He used to be good.    He’s kinda lost his way during the whole show Tyrod respect/Josh Alllen sucks phase.  

Talk about making crap up.  I was one of the leading posters who wanted Tyrod gone.  I was happy when they let him go.  I did also realize that while he was completely limited, you could do worse, which we had for like 15 years.  

But i do realize being an irrational homer is going to be a lot more popular on this board.  I used to be a soccer mom.  I think we have a SB defense (especially with another pass rusher) and an offense that isn’t consistent enough that will hold us back.  

I also think Bills fans don’t know what good qb play looks like.  We get excited over 2 tds and 200 yards passing.  Jacoby Brissett can throw for 300+ yards and 4 tds.  Why is it a bad thing to want to see a monster offensive game where we don’t have to come back against a crappy team?

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honestly, I couldn’t care less what you think about me.  There’s only a few posters I really pay attention. I just respond to the post. It’s never personal.

i do you hope you’re smarter to understand why beating Seattle on the road is a lot more impressive than beating Miami at home right?  I’d argue Allen’s beat start of his career was against Minnesota even though he had better stats against Miami last year,  the opponent matters. 

What??? They have a MVP qb.  The trumps everything.  If we had Wilson, we would be talked about as a SB team. 

The Seahawks were down in the 4th quarter at home against the Bengals...it took a 4th quarter comeback to beat them.

It took a 4th quarter comeback to beat the 2-4 Browns as well....

This is your rationale I’m using....

10 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

He used to be good.    He’s kinda lost his way during the whole show Tyrod respect/Josh Alllen sucks phase.  

Yep....he’s terrible now.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Talk about making crap up.  I was one of the leading posters who wanted Tyrod gone.  I was happy when they let him go.  I did also realize that while he was completely limited, you could do worse, which we had for like 15 years.  

But i do realize being an irrational homer is going to be a lot more popular on this board.  I used to be a soccer mom.  I think we have a SB defense (especially with another pass rusher) and an offense that isn’t consistent enough that will hold us back.  

I also think Bills fans don’t know what good qb play looks like.  We get excited over 2 tds and 200 yards passing.  Jacoby Brissett can throw for 300+ yards and 4 tds.  Why is it a bad thing to want to see a monster offensive game where we don’t have to come back against a crappy team?

Nothing wrong with wanting to see a big game.  But coming up with reason after reason to denigrate the QB of a team that is 5-1?  Wrong.

The vast vast majority of folks on this board recognize Allen can improve.  They also like how he plays in the fourth quarter of games.

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Nothing wrong with wanting to see a big game.  But coming up with reason after reason to denigrate the QB of a team that is 5-1?  Wrong.

The vast vast majority of folks on this board recognize Allen can improve.  They also like how he plays in the fourth quarter of games.

We're all part of the Soccer Mom cult of Josh Allen. Biscuit is just trying to intervene before it's too late.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/20/2019 at 3:49 PM, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I agree; however in college, he was hitting tight windows on his deep balls in traffic.  Wasn't like WRs were as wide open as some of the Bills WRs have been on some of his deep throws.  Coaches need to figure out why he's constantly overthrowing roughly 5 yards on most of the deep balls.

I think the answer may lie in the throws he's making that he didn't make last year and at his pro-day and combine (I did not watch Allen's games in college short of highlights on Youtube or pre-draft cut-ups)

What I saw watching the combine, Allen's pro day, and last year is that he was truly not accurate on the dump-offs and short/intermediate throws.  He also didn't throw with anticipation.  Sometimes he would take off instead of checking down to an obviously open guy like Shady, who can truck it.  It's not just me, the charting gurus pulled it out, Allen said it himself that it was an area he was working on.  I said then, "gotta hit the Bunnies" - Allen will succeed or fail as an NFL QB in large part based on whether or not he can learn to make those throws. 

So this year, I've been pleased and impressed at the progress he's made there and have heard interviews with Jordan Palmer commenting that Allen has improved further on making those touch/anticipation throws just since the start of the season.  That is huge, because those are the high-completion percentage throws that every NFL QB must be able to hit consistently. 

But here's the thing, if you're working heavily on timing and anticipation across the middle and on throwing those intermediate passes with appropriate touch, you're not working the kinks out of the timing on your deep balls unless you're short-changing your film study or something else. Just not enough hours.  Then rotate around the WR you're throwing to and have one of them notoriously unable to get a clean and consistent release off the line (I'm talking to you, Zay Jones) and there you go.

My $0.02 anyway. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, syhuang said:

It's a bit puzzling that Allen improves his short and intermediate passing dramatically but his long passing becomes worse. The following tweet also confirms what we fans see this season.

Perfectly fine by me considering the vaaAAAAssst majority of NFL passes are less than 20 yards down the field.

• Like (+1) 1