Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

Good qbs win bad ones don’t, I’m not sure what we have here.  I’m half in on bad play calls and schemes and half on just poor decisions by JA.  JA hangs on to the ball way too long trying to force it and makes a crap ton of bad decisions in the process.  

Like i said earlier pound Gore and make the safe short throws.  Then take a shot or two deep.

Edited by PayDaBill$

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

At 6.9 YPA.

For those keeping track.

4th game was a massive regression. Allen just looked rattled the entire game.

Hopefully that hit to his head knocked out the cobwebs he seemed to be playing with today.

That would be you!   LOL.    Rough game but he can make up for it.  I saw some of the things I saw last year today, just missing short throws and other times using that rocket launcher to ensure no one catches it.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

WTF are you talking about bad in 3 of the 4 games?

Watch the games, not the stat lines.

He had four TOVs and at least two more almost / should-have-been TOVs (i.e. called back INT, dropped INT) vs. Jets, and we scored only 17 points vs. a bottom 10 defense. He was ineffective for half the game vs. Bengals a bottom 5 defense, and we only scored 21 in that one. He was very good vs. Giants, also a bottom 5 defense. He was brutal today. 3/4.

I'm such a huge Bills homer that I post on a message board dedicated to the team. I wouldn't ever come here and accuse someone of not watching the games. No offense, but that's really dumb. Nothing wrong with being an Allen homer but do you seriously disagree that he's had a rough start to the year? I'm legitimately asking.

Edited by VW82

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He's also towards the bottom half of the league in all QB categories.

Hes improved but no where near where he needs to be, makes a few really dumb throws game in and game out, and is erratic.

He does some good things out there and it would be a mistake IMO to assume that we won't see him deliver another "A" performance before too long, but yes, he's erratic. The part that bugged me the most today was him losing composure. His best quality is his self-confidence. We watched him lose that today and come unglued. It's concerning.

Edited by VW82

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

Only 3 td passes in 4 games so far. That's on Josh and Dabol. Announcers have mentioned too many times and have shown open receivers when Josh is holding the ball. It's only 15 or 16 games for Josh, so I'm hopeful he gets better. He should have at least 7 tds by my count. 3 tds in 4 games ain't gonna cut it.

6 total...passing and rushing. 

6 picks and I think 2 lost fumbles?

The TOs have got to get cut down.  Especially with this D.  I will say it looks like most of his INTs have happened on the other end of the field or in taking a big shot downfield.  2 were weird deflections vs the Jets.  

No need to panic.  Concern?  Sure.  Nowhere near panicked.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He's also towards the bottom half of the league in all QB categories.

Hes improved but no where near where he needs to be, makes a few really dumb throws game in and game out, and is erratic.

The only thing he's really improved is his completion percentage.

The sum of his play doesn't appear to be much better. 

His stats overall are among the worst in the league among starting QBs. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

Right. I would think this too if I decided to explain his whole season of work with one game. 

You’ve been busy today.... 

Wish Allen didn't throw that pick, otherwise it was a fantastic game against a great defense.

On 9/29/2019 at 3:44 PM, jrober38 said:

The sum of his play today certainly appeared to be much better.

Thought he had a great drive today in the second quarter which led to the TD. Three great throws in a row to finish it off. Other than that I thought he struggled. Titans have a pretty good defense though and it was a tough situation coming back so soon from the concussion. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/29/2019 at 9:44 PM, jrober38 said:

98.31 passer rating today btw.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

98.31 passer rating today btw.

Only mention I've heard of him on the insufferable post game show is bulldog flippantly called his 1 INT an improvement and mockingly chuckled.  

Such a huge deal this is against a great D on the road.  More growth.  More development.  Off an awful performance.  He took some shots today to.  

Just now, VW82 said:

Thought he had a great drive today in the second quarter which led to the TD. Three great throws in a row to finish it off. Other than that I thought he struggled. Titans have a pretty good defense though and it was a tough situation coming back so soon from the concussion. 

Think he was overthinking things  I bet they spent the entire week telling him to play safe, not take hits etc.  It showed, he didnt trust himself at times.  First game I can recall that we didnt even attempt a deep shot  I'm going to say the all 22 will show yeldon stopped running on the int  Probably a risky throw and one he might have not attempted but yeldon quit going for the ball  . 

71.9 % today with a couple TE drops that might have made it higher.

He’s still learning and honing and the game seems too fast for him at times. This is to be expected.

I love the smart plays he did today. Throwing it out of bounds or at his receivers feet. He also took a sack where he secured the ball and went down without a struggle. And then the stupid Int. 

I see a young QB who’s on the right trajectory.

• Like (+1) 1