Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

On 11/11/2019 at 6:26 AM, zow2 said:

Jeremy on WGR made a good point.  I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Most of Allen’s completions are to guys standing at a spot or throwing to a spot while the player is turning around. He’s rarely completes passes while the WR is on the run. The short slants to Beasley can be good, or the inaccurate pass to Brown would’ve been on the run.  He rarely throws guys open. He’s basically doing what everyone said about Tyrod. He’s a taller Tyrod right now.

Beaseley in particular but also Brown and even McKenzie are not YAC players. BEasley gets knocked down by the wind. 

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

The recipe across the NFL for a W is solid rushing numbers, NO turnovers and a solid passing game 220+ yds. Enough to keep the chains moving.  The 300 yarders through the air often don’t win, they’re playing catch up.  But it’s nice to have the ability in your back pocket. I think that’s why so many people harp on it. They Just want to see Josh show the ability to do it. But today isn’t the day to give a crap about that. Josh played very well and nobody should complain. 
personally when I look at stats for Lamar Jackson, Allen and a few others I count the rushing yardage as part of their overall package. Allen accounted for over 300 yards of offense today. That’s a day!

Yeah. Together with the mention of 300 yd game from Allen, people wanted a 3td pass game and he did that today. 

I know he ran but we know he can do that. 

(Opponent aside) There was something different about Allen today, and the team. Watching the highlights it felt like times when the Bills play a team that are more determined than them and get pushed around - that team was the Bills today. There was a 'we are better, we are not going to lose' mentality through the team. 

31 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

Let’s see what he does against a good defense.  Beat New England 

Ravens, steelers, cowboys, pats are all tests 

Edited by london_bills

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

pass-chart_ALL529264_2019-reg-11_1574027289044.jpeg.jpg

Tyrod wouldn't make half those throws.  He did not use the middle of the field like that.

The comparisons to Tyrod by Buffalo media this week was peak stupid in the analysis of Josh Allen.

Considering that it was coming mostly from the morons that wanted the guy in charge of carrying a clipboard (well tablets now) for Ryan Fitzpatrick makes them look even more ridiculous.  

Looking forward to hearing them downplay this bc it was against a joke team or something.  Or not a 300 yard game.  

3 hours ago, Ray Finkel said:

Let’s see what he does against a good defense.  Beat New England 

Allen is currently in the company of every QB in the league in that department especially trying to win there.  No one does.  

But, ok?  I love the "beat New England" requests.  Lol

Wentz looked just as shook vs them today as Josh did.  It happens.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/11/2019 at 1:48 AM, Nextmanup said:

Nah, Allen just sucks.  

Eventually this will not be a debatable point.

I'm sure there are folks around here who still think Tyrod could have done it and should still be the starting QB too.

We all want the same thing!  The difference is some of us like to delude ourselves into believing something because it feels good, others are a bit more rational.

Something tells me you have ‘A bit more rational’ vanity tags or something equally bishmade 

On 11/11/2019 at 6:48 AM, Nextmanup said:

Nah, Allen just sucks.  

I'm sure there are folks around here who still think Tyrod could have done it and should still be the starting QB too.

We all want the same thing!  The difference is some of us like to delude ourselves into believing something because it feels good, others are a bit more rational.

I don't get the Allen/Tyrod comparisons at all, Allen keeps most of these games within reach and I've never felt like we were out of it even when he fumbles or makes a bone headed play. Hell if he didn't get knocked out in that NE game I think he would of pulled another win we shouldn't have had out of his ass. How many 4th QTR comebacks has Tyrod ever had? Allen has 6 game winning drives so far. Imagine if the Steelers gave up on Big Ben who fans had to wait 4 seasons before he turned into the QB he is today, Matthew Stafford took until year 3, Jared Goff, year 3 and countless others. In fact the game managing is really similar to that of Big Ben, he game managed for 3 seasons maybe it's a small school thing? I mean going form Wyoming offenses to the NFL has to be a hell of a leap and he doesn't even have 2 full seasons under his belt yet he is a winner and were friggin 7-3 facing the Broncos next. You state we want the same thing yet say our 7-3 QB sucks...Why? Because he doesn't have a 300 yard passing day every week? How's that working out for Kyler Murray? I get not everyone likes Allen like yourself but to say the guy straight up sucks  is laughable imo.

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/11/2019 at 10:48 PM, Nextmanup said:

Nah, Allen just sucks.  

Nah, most of us want the Bills to win and Josh to be successful, you seem far more concerned with being right. Buffalo is in the thick of a playoff run for the second time this millennium and you spent the whole season b##ching and moaning about it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

The comparisons to Tyrod by Buffalo media this week was peak stupid in the analysis of Josh Allen.

Considering that it was coming mostly from the morons that wanted the guy in charge of carrying a clipboard (well tablets now) for Ryan Fitzpatrick makes them look even more ridiculous.  

Looking forward to hearing them downplay this bc it was against a joke team or something.  Or not a 300 yard game.  

Allen is currently in the company of every QB in the league in that department especially trying to win there.  No one does.  

Wentz was terrible yesterday, tons of bad throws.  Could have won or at least tied that game up.

• Like (+1) 1

Nah, Allen just sucks.  

DK syndrome in effect right here ?

Nah, Allen just sucks.  

Man, you must have had a really bad day yesterday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Lamar didn’t have a problem 

8 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

Lamar didn’t have a problem 

Lamar bet them with his legs and throws off schedule throws   Daboll should dial up a lot of rpo and Allen should be prepared to checkdown a dozen times to backs when Pats sink into that cover 2 umbrella

• Like (+1) 1

Well... this maybe says something about his INT

https://theathletic.com/1407189/2019/11/24/seven-observations-from-the-bills-win-ed-oliver-pops-off-the-screen-defense-borders-on-dominant-once-again/

4. Allen, despite brief mistakes, shows poise and potential

He wasn’t without his faults, as Allen committed his first interception since Week 5 — though the encouraging part is that there was a great deal of thought behind the interception.

“The coverage that I thought they were in was quarters, and their safety was committing to the run. That’s our cue to kind of put it over the top, and my eyes were on (the safety) and I didn’t see the backside safety moving post high,” Allen said. “They disguised it well, they made a play. Obviously it’s one that I want back, but it’s one that I’d probably do again.”

The interception isn’t the desired result, but that line of thinking shows the inherent progress Allen is making in diagnosing defenses — needing Denver to disguise it to make the error. It’s a negative and a positive play all at once because he’s thinking through the play at an advanced level, which will teach the quarterback to look for those coverages moving forward. Allen did have another turnover-worthy throw that he got away with but protected the ball otherwise. He continues to shows signs of improvement, even through errors, to help the Bills come away with a victory.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/18/2019 at 9:16 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

What gets the Pats are TEs that are matchup problems with their lbs we don’t really have a guy like that but hoping Knox develops into that 

We do...use Knox and Kroft....Kroft needs to be part of this offense....

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Allen was 7-for-8 passing on 3rd down with four passing first downs and three rushing first downs on 3rd down today. 12 total 3rd downs with 7 converted for a 58.3% conversion rate for Allen on those plays today.

Great stat.  Guy is clutch and I am starting to expect us to convert long 3rd downs.  

Never used to be that way.

• Like (+1) 1