Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

It's a warning.

warning of what? If you are not implying two QBs with similar passing yards, TDs, and INTs in year 2 will end up as similar QBs, what do you try to warn by listing Allen's and Trubisky's year 2 stats?

14 minutes ago, syhuang said:

Are you implying if two QBs have similar passing yards, TDs, and INTs in year 2 while ignoring anything else, they will end up as similar QBs?

If so, do you want to guess who the following two QBs are with similar numbers in their sophomore seasons and whether they end up as similar QBs?

player A: 2843 passing yards, 63.9 comp%, 18 TDs, 12 INTs, QB rating: 86.5

player B: 2935 passing yards, 62.1 comp%, 18 TDs, 12 INTs, QB rating: 81.2

Well I'm curious about those 2 players.

12 minutes ago, syhuang said:

warning of what? If you are not implying two QBs with similar passing yards, TDs, and INTs in year 2 will end up as similar QBs, what do you try to warn by listing Allen's and Trubisky's year 2 stats?

It can't be a warning if one isn't implying. The fella just likes to stir the pot.

47 minutes ago, syhuang said:

Are you implying if two QBs have similar passing yards, TDs, and INTs in year 2 while ignoring anything else, they will end up as similar QBs?

If so, do you want to guess who the following two QBs are with similar numbers in their sophomore seasons and whether they end up as similar QBs?

player A: 2843 passing yards, 63.9 comp%, 18 TDs, 12 INTs, QB rating: 86.5

player B: 2935 passing yards, 62.1 comp%, 18 TDs, 12 INTs, QB rating: 81.2

oh, oh, pick me, pick me!

Brady and some other scrub named Ponder. 

Edited by Saint Doug

5 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

No he landed on top of the player and extended a full yard past the first down marker. The ref spotted the ball based on where he landed on top of the redskins defender not where knox touched the ground.

And i know many PI arent being overturned but i think that was one of the obvious ones that woild have been overturned.

no they showed this play 5 times int he game his butt was down and the ball just short of the goal line.  even the CB referee was on and the broadcasters as well would of been a silly challenge.  

PI are not good things to challenge at the moment not sure what the deal is there that may have led to not challenging the pass to Brown.  That was obvious PI

43 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

If the staff continues to insist on handcuffing Allen rather than actually letting him properly develop, I'm fearful that he'll turn in a 2020 season like we're seeing Trubisky have right now.

and whether it'll happen or not has nothing to do with having similar passing yards, TDs, and INTs in their sophomore season. So what's the point of listing their year 2 stats especially you already admit similar stats aren't implying they would end up as similar QBs?

I'm glad some people are encouraged by Allen this season. I still don't see it. Our offense is dreadful in every way. Allen's numbers have improved but still you have to compare them to the league. Then you must also take into account the cake schedule.

What I love about Allen is his competitiveness and leadership. I'm hoping the 2nd half of the season we see him take a step forward. This week will be a good start. Browns will get after him, they have talent. This is a game though where Allen shouldn't struggle too much if he has improved. I'm pretty confident he's going to struggle on the road vs the Browns. I hope he proves me wrong.

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm glad some people are encouraged by Allen this season. I still don't see it. Our offense is dreadful in every way. Allen's numbers have improved but still you have to compare them to the league. Then you must also take into account the cake schedule.

What I love about Allen is his competitiveness and leadership. I'm hoping the 2nd half of the season we see him take a step forward. This week will be a good start. Browns will get after him, they have talent. This is a game though where Allen shouldn't struggle too much if he has improved. I'm pretty confident he's going to struggle on the road vs the Browns. I hope he proves me wrong.

If you don’t see improvement in Allen this year it’s because you don’t want to.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

no they showed this play 5 times int he game his butt was down and the ball just short of the goal line.  even the CB referee was on and the broadcasters as well would of been a silly challenge.  

PI are not good things to challenge at the moment not sure what the deal is there that may have led to not challenging the pass to Brown.  That was obvious PI

Im not talking about the goalline play... im talking about the 3rd down play before Gore got stuffed on 4th down. Should have been a first down but Mcdermott didnt challenge the spot even tho it was a full yard short. He landed on top of defender and reached for the first down. 

The play you are talkng about was obviously  short of the goalline. I thought it was clear that i wasnt talking about that. Besides that was irrelevant  cause we still scored the TD. But the other Knox catch wasnt because Gore got stuffed the next play

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

If you don’t see improvement in Allen this year it’s because you don’t want to.

Allen was dreadful as a rookie. I'm not going to compare Allen to Allen. If that's what you're doing you're doing it wrong.

His schedule has been cake and his numbers are bottom 10 in basically every category, just did a quick glance. Turnovers are also a huge problem.

I don't see it. I don't mind being wrong. I wanted Rosen and Darnold and I'm very happy we got Allen instead. I hope Allen turns the corner during the 2nd half of the season. There are some huge games on the schedule. Also like I said this is a talented Browns defense that hasn't played well but will IMO be a stiff test for Allen.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Allen was dreadful as a rookie. I'm not going to compare Allen to Allen. If that's what you're doing you're doing it wrong.

His schedule has been cake and his numbers are bottom 10 in basically every category, just did a quick glance. Turnovers are also a huge problem.

I don't see it. I don't mind being wrong. I wanted Rosen and Darnold and I'm very happy we got Allen instead. I hope Allen turns the corner during the 2nd half of the season. There are some huge games on the schedule. Also like I said this is a talented Browns defense that hasn't played well but will IMO be a stiff test for Allen.

No you don’t compare to the league because it is pretty clear the Bills offensive philosophy is different than, say, the Chiefs.  You look at how the individual player is improving over his previous performances.  And Allen is improving.

• Like (+1) 2