Post your crybaby thoughts here ONLY.

Chandler#81

Josh Allen once again turned the ball over more than he found the end zone. The 2018 season, Bengals, and Jets aren’t an anomaly or a bad day. They’re now a pattern, and it cost us a W today.

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Only comment.... Rule should be established that if you take out a QB with a H2H hit you should be sidelined until the QB returns. 

I dont agree, sure that was a penalty but when you consider the down and distance on a key third down and that occured close to the marker you can understand why that hit occurs.  If that was on gores head, I dont believe there would be a call.   I know others will not agree with what I just said. But the other thing is if Josh continues to run like a RB then we will continue to see him missing time on the field.   He needs to throw for first downs rather than run for them. I like the competitiveness, the desire to win at all costs, but the costs will be high when he is lost for the season on one of these plays.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

The Bills had a ton of opportunities to take control of that football game. If you take advantage of those opportunities, a few calls(that weren't really that bad) are irrelevant. 

As an aside, the McD bashing is a little over the top. Couple of stupid challenges, but the clock management wasted timeouts were on the QB's IMO. Barkley had absolutely no sense of urgency. I have ZERO issue going for the TD late in the game. He had the defense FULLY prepared and had the team in position to win had the players made plays.

Daboll's PLAY CALLS in those critical situations and Allen's overall performance. Those were the issues today.

Well....like knowing when to questions a call with a challenge, can the HC not question what's going on with the OC's play calling?  During the game...

19 minutes ago, Dan said:

If the Bills ever want to beat a team like the cheaters... they have to take the final step in the rebuild and get Pegula on the officiating committee.   Because until the refs are on our side... we're never going to win games like this. 

Or they could get/develop a true franchise QB

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Or the Bills could have taken advantage of those gifts and the later calls wouldn't hav mattered.

Completely agree with that.  You have to capitalize because you know the league is gonna give them their shots later In the game.    No doubt the Bills and Josh just made too many mistakes... but the league forces every team to be perfect when they play that team. 

Just now, mattynh said:

I dont agree, sure that was a penalty but when you consider the down and distance on a key third down and that occured close to the marker you can understand why that hit occurs.  If that was on gores head, I dont believe there would be a call.   I know others will not agree with what I just said. But the other thing is if Josh continues to run like a RB then we will continue to see him missing time on the field.   He needs to throw for first downs rather than run for them. I like the competitiveness, the desire to win at all costs, but the costs will be high when he is lost for the season on one of these plays.

Disagree wholeheartedly. You have to kill the headhunting mentality. Look at the Thursday night game where the player that took out GBs starting RB ended up making a game changing play at the end. Tick for tack. You send out a player on an illegal hit, you serve the injury time for that game. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have felt for years that Bills coaches were “playing checkers” to the best coaches in the league’s “chess”

Or bringing a knife to a gun fight.  Whatever metaphor you like

Our D was brilliant

Yes one can point fingers at players but I’m in no way convinced our O is ready for Prime Time coach-wise

5 minutes ago, mattynh said:

What a stunning surprise!

Micah Hyde said it: “if one of us put a helmet to helmet on #12 we’d be gone from the game”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well....like knowing when to questions a call with a challenge, can the HC not question what's going on with the OC's play calling?  During the game...

Fair enough.

Overall, I think he probably deserves a C for this game. He had the team prepared, but made some poor in game decisions. Ironically similar to his "mentor" Andy Reid. 

My only point is that I don't think you can categorize the overall coaching as terrible. There were enough positives to mitigate the bad and consider it an average effort.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have felt for years that Bills coaches were “playing checkers” to the best coaches in the league’s “chess”

Our D was brilliant

Yes one can point fingers at players but I’m in no way convinced our O is ready for Prime Time coach-wise

I think a lot of it has to do with an over emphasis on weather. Every single time they look for a HC or OC they want a guy who can build a team for bad weather. It's just not something that we gain much of an advantage on. It usually ends up that we are really good on one side of the ball and sub-par on the other. 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Our D was brilliant

Wasn't Daboll's best game I agree. The call on 3rd down in the failed 4 down series by the goal line was particularly questionable. 

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Our D was brilliant

What a stunning surprise!

Micah Hyde said it: “if one of us put a helmet to helmet on #12 we’d be gone from the game”

Probably true but 12 would never put himself in that situation.   That is why he always is available to play and can still play at 42.   Superstars get calls.......all sports work that way.   Josh needs to become a superstar and then our team will get those calls

Edited by mattynh

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

Probably true but 12 would never put himself in that situation.   That is why he always is available to play and can still play at 42.   Superstars get calls.......all sports work that way.   Josh needs to become a superstar and then our team will get those calls

What “never”?

Even the situation aside....there were obvious facemask calls missed etc. 

It’s very simple.  If the league wants fans to watch the game and believe it’s a fair game, they have to put a limit on the “superstar treatment” and step up their game to treat all players at a position more equitably.

Otherwise you get these unwatchable blowouts that only the diehard fans of that specific team can enjoy and the TVs get shut off.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Allen needs to stop trying to be a hero - both running and passing.  Once he figures that out, he may have a good career.  This was the type of game that could have been won simply by not making dumb mistakes with the football.  Punt and live for the next drive - don't make (needless) desperate throws.  Not giving up on Allen by any means, but if doesn't start to play smarter football, he's not going to last.  I hate to see such a fine defensive effort wasted by a special teams blunder and Allen being careless with the football - it is inexcusable and has to be fixed and fast.

20 minutes ago, Mango said:

Josh Allen once again turned the ball over more than he found the end zone. The 2018 season, Bengals, and Jets aren’t an anomaly or a bad day. They’re now a pattern, and it cost us a W today.

Yeah the hit was unfortunate but I think even Josh's biggest supporters have to acknowledge he just wasn't good today.

I'd still like to think he has it in him to overcome the turnovers 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

Allen needs to stop trying to be a hero - both running and passing.  Once he figures that out, he may have a good career.  This was the type of game that could have been won simply by not making dumb mistakes with the football.  Punt and live for the next drive - don't make (needless) desperate throws.  Not giving up on Allen by any means, but if doesn't start to play smarter football, he's not going to last.  I hate to see such a fine defensive effort wasted by a special teams blunder and Allen being careless with the football - it is inexcusable and has to be fixed and fast.

Didn’t help that Dabs kept abandoning Gore. ?‍♂️