The Duke Williams Bandwagon Post

ChicagoRic

3 minutes ago, the skycap said:

What about the posters who said Duke wasn't on 53 because Zay was better? Where are they?

You wont find a post by me claiming this.  I was a huge supporter of Zay coming in after the draft, he has been a massive disappointment ever since.  It's time for a change

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Right here.  I said it at the time of the 53 cutdown/first games because from preseason it was true.  

Also looked as though Zay had improved his strength and was improving his moves.

But Zay played his way out of the starting role last week and Duke got his shot and made good.  

Kind of looks as though Zay plays his best in shorts and doesn’t have enough of that “fire within” when it’s real.

Same with Yeldon, just doesn't have that tenacity

Played out the way I expected. 4 targets 4 catches one TD.

31 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Right here.  I said it at the time of the 53 cutdown/first games because from preseason it was true.  

Also looked as though Zay had improved his strength and was improving his moves.

Duke also wasn’t getting much separation - possibly struggling to release

But Zay played his way out of the starting role last week, and with Foster hurt, Duke got his shot and made good.  

Kind of looks as though Zay plays his best in shorts and doesn’t have enough of that “fire within” when it’s real.

I agree but we lost Conner. How do we overcome this?

Edited by fansince88

35 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Beane gets credit for picking this guy up even though him and the coaching staff gave way too much of a leash with zay. 

Definitely reminds me of the Fred situation where the guy just seemed to make plays whenever he was on the field. Finally they just gave him a chance. Same could be said about Stevie. He just made plays I don’t care what round the guy was picked or if he’s a UDfa 

With Stevie it was different.  He practiced when Ryan Fitzpatrick when both were both playing and Ryan "got him". Stevie would go a different route to where he was supposed to be reading the field and other QBs had issue understanding where he would be but Ryan and his big brain knew were Stevie was even when he was forced to break route.

I saw him play for Eskimos once and thought 'great wide receiver' and glad he is getting chance for Bills.