The Duke Williams Bandwagon Post

ChicagoRic

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

Man, you are really irked that Duke had a good game! Just enjoy the win. You look petty.

What are you talking about? I like Duke.  He played great today and I’m happy for him.  I think Zay should eat the bench for a while.  

When have I ever said I didn’t like the kid?

Just now, Virgil said:

What are you talking about? I like Duke.  He played great today and I’m happy for him.  I think Zay should eat the bench for a while.  

When have I ever said I didn’t like the kid?

I don't think it has anything to do with your feelings for Duke. Some of us have been talking up Duke since he was acquired, none more adamant than Alphadawg. And, from your responses, I'll guess you disagreed. And, you were wrong. Live with it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

I don't think it has anything to do with your feelings for Duke. Some of us have been talking up Duke since he was acquired, none more adamant than Alphadawg. And, from your responses, I'll guess you disagreed. And, you were wrong. Live with it.

My responses?  You mean commenting and joking about the love fest for the kid?  

Yeah, that’s a clear sign of dislike for the kid. 

Try again

Beane gets credit for picking this guy up even though him and the coaching staff gave way too much of a leash with zay. 

Definitely reminds me of the Fred situation where the guy just seemed to make plays whenever he was on the field. Finally they just gave him a chance. Same could be said about Stevie. He just made plays I don’t care what round the guy was picked or if he’s a UDfa 

4 minutes ago, the skycap said:

What about the posters who said Duke wasn't on 53 because Zay was better? Where are they?

Right here.  I said it at the time of the 53 cutdown/first games because from preseason it was true.  

Also looked as though Zay had improved his strength and was improving his moves.

Duke also wasn’t getting much separation - possibly struggling to release

But Zay played his way out of the starting role last week, and with Foster hurt, Duke got his shot and made good.  

Kind of looks as though Zay plays his best in shorts and doesn’t have enough of that “fire within” when it’s real.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1