The Duke Williams Bandwagon Post

ChicagoRic

14 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The best crusade memes :) Memedroid

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition...

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BillsBlue said:

Honestly I feel Duke could possibly push smoke to #2 and Beasley to #3 in targets/ work load especially inside the 20

I know it is but I feel it's not getting enough attention we desperately need a big bodied possession type red zone threat/ guy who actually looks behind him to locate the deep ball and adjust and can make 1 handed/contested catches it's obviously what Allen's game needs it aligns with his skill set perfectly Akin to plaxico and young eli

When I see "/" in posts I expect there to be rhymes involved. Disappointed right now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Until they move Duke up from the PS I will be very sure about that.   Cant be better when you are in shorts on the sidelines.

This is just not accurate.

Foster was better than Zay last year after he was brought up mid season from PS.  Once Foster came up, he grossly outplayed and out produced Zay.  Putting up over 200 more yards than Zay over that 7 week stretch, including three 100 games, something Zay has yet to do in 35 career games.

Some of you people really do not understand PS players at all and make these inaccurate boasts that being on the PS means you “aren’t as good” as someone not on the PS.  

Many of you make these inaccurate claims too with late round picks and UDFAs too saying “if they were so good they would have been drafted or drafted sooner” even though half the NFL is made up of late round and UDFA players.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Foster was better than Zay last year after he was brought up mid season from PS.  Once Foster came up, he grossly outplayed and out produced Zay.  Putting up over 200 more yards than Zay over that 7 week stretch, including three 100 games, something Zay has yet to do in 35 career games.

Some of you people really do not understand PS players at all and make these inaccurate boasts that being on the PS means you “aren’t as good” as someone not on the PS.  

Many of you make these inaccurate claims too with late round picks and UDFAs too saying “if they were so good they would have been drafted or drafted sooner” even though half the NFL is made up of late round and UDFA players.  

I understand the practice squad.  Whether in reality they are better than the guys on the 53 or not, in the coaches opinion, they arent.  Thats why they were subject to waivers for any team in the entire NFL to pick up before they were moved to the practice squad.  Duke may very well be better than Zay Jones, but at this point in time he has shorts and a hoodie on during games, and not a helmet and jersey. 

Also that bs stat about half of the NFL being made up of late round draft picks and UDFA is something you literally made up off the top of your head, its an opinion not a fact.   The fact is, 32 teams, including the Bills dont think Duke Williams is good enough to play on Sundays.   I would love for them to call him up, but they havent.

• Like (+1) 1

I very much want to see Duke get his chance as I feel that is what this offense is missing a big strong attack the ball WR

I expect him to get a shot this year

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I understand the practice squad.  Whether in reality they are better than the guys on the 53 or not, in the coaches opinion, they arent.  Thats why they were subject to waivers for any team in the entire NFL to pick up before they were moved to the practice squad.  Duke may very well be better than Zay Jones, but at this point in time he has shorts and a hoodie on during games, and not a helmet and jersey. 

Also that bs stat about half of the NFL being made up of late round draft picks and UDFA is something you literally made up off the top of your head, its an opinion not a fact.   The fact is, 32 teams, including the Bills dont think Duke Williams is good enough to play on Sundays.   I would love for them to call him up, but they havent.

No it is a fact, and was covered on ESPN.  You just made up off the top of your head that it isn’t true.  Maybe do some research before accusing someone of making something up?   

For example:  https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/one-staggering-stat-shows-how-important-undrafted-players-are-in-the-nfl-090516

And that was just UDFA, I said late round and UDFA players.

Second, players are on PS because there is something to the coaches are still working on with them or there isn’t a roster spot yet for them.  

Duke is on PS primarily because he had no ST experience and they kept McKenzie because no other WRs had any ST value outside of Roberts and the WR they needed HAD to be able to also play ST.  Brown and Cole will never play ST.  Zay and Foster has never played ST either.  

Additionally, Duke has to adjust to the NFL game still and work on relearning how to get off the line as the CFL is totally different.  

Just because hes on PS does not mean he isnt as good or better than someone on the active roster.  It means he may not have been ready on what they wanted to work on with him, but doesn’t mean he is a worse player.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

The NFL’s current sack leader was once cut and put on a practice squad. The practice squad does not equate to “talentless,” or “inferior to ALL players on the 53.” The squad is simply an avenue for those who have not yet reached their potential, or just haven’t been afforded an opportunity (whether that’s because of numbers, politics, or whatever). There are ample practice squad players around the league that will be regular contributors once they get their shot, so to demean these guys’ skills is silly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

In 16 career games Foster has 11 games with 2 catches or less including 8 with no catches. Is he really better or did he have a few good games? No one can answer that, but 50% of games he's played in he caught 0 passes, that's a fact.

On a side note....It sounds like if Josh is ready to go, you're going to get your wish and Duke may get his shot as he was seen working on special teams today for the first time and McDermott was released.

48 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

In 16 career games Foster has 11 games with 2 catches or less including 8 with no catches. Is he really better or did he have a few good games? No one can answer that, but 50% of games he's played in he caught 0 passes, that's a fact.

On a side note....It sounds like if Josh is ready to go, you're going to get your wish and Duke may get his shot as he was seen working on special teams today for the first time and McDermott was released.

Foster didn’t play really unit he was activated off PS.  Over those 7 games he outplayed Zay.  

He obviously isn’t doing anything this year, which is why i don’t care who has to go to make room for Duke, just get him active.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, pop gun said:

Wouldn't be so sure about that.

They also thought Peterman was better than Tyrod, AJ and Josh. 

Love McD as a coach, but this regime sometimes shows loyalty towards their players to a fault. I remember Mike Tolbert’s feature role back in 2017 being a mystery to everyone outside of the franchise. It seems like this regimes judgement is clouded by wanting to see the good in guys. Jones has no business getting playing time, and a guy like Bojorquez shouldn’t be an NFL punter at this point in his career. This is a well coached and prepared team, however player evaluation has held them back. 

• Like (+1) 6