The Duke Williams Bandwagon Post

ChicagoRic

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Hos do I know what... that the coaches, whose professional expertise is putting a team of the best players together, opted out of adding the guy to the team? 

ZJ is third on the depth chart. He’s not there because the cfl guy is way better and the coaches are afraid to play him. 

Upgrade? Please!  But it’s not on the current team or PS

No, not how do you know the obvious, that the coaches didn’t put him on the team. I’m not here to debate that point Socrates. How do you, I, or the coaches know that Duke isn’t an upgrade is my point. No one can know for sure. Like I said, the guys produced. It’s not like he’s playing in NFL games and not producing. I’m just advocating for giving him a shot. You can even trade for a guy AND give Duke a shot while that guy is getting up to speed. There are two easy WR cuts to make the room in Zay and Foster. 

57 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This.  I’m fine upgrading Zay. geeze even brown was mostly shut down all day.  But two preseason circus catches Over guys that aren’t on 53s doesn’t mean much.

hes this year’s Reilly or DaRick.

exloore the trade market and get a real upgrade.

Again, I'm not saying he's a sure thing, but I do think he's shown a lot.  And it's not just over guys not on 53s, this one was over Tre White, and just a coupe weeks ago.

I love how folk here defend Mr not gonna catch over 60% of what is thrown to him man... what’s not to like about that....

Go Bills!!!

7 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Again, I'm not saying he's a sure thing, but I do think he's shown a lot.  And it's not just over guys not on 53s, this one was over Tre White, and just a coupe weeks ago.

Tre White wearing a red injury jersey

He's pretty much running against air... But I do like his skill set

• Like (+1) 1

McDs patients with Zay is running thin, At some point Duke has got to be given a chance to be a gamer.... cause there’s a difference in working hard and being able to make a play, and struggle at times vs a guy that proved in preseason and shows in practice to consistently get his hands on the ball.

Remember when the Bills got rid of an underperforming WR last year?  Me too.  The Offense got instantly better when Allen stopped trying to force the ball to a WR that wouldn't fight for the ball. 

Allen made crappy decisions on all of those interceptions, but the WR has to do his part to help the QB.  Zay isn't doing that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

Remember when the Bills got rid of an underperforming WR last year?  Me too.  The Offense got instantly better when Allen stopped trying to force the ball to a WR that wouldn't fight for the ball. 

Allen made crappy decisions on all of those interceptions, but the WR has to do his part to help the QB.  Zay isn't doing that.

Yeah, these guys don't click and maybe someone else will click more with Allen.  

At this point, I think its pretty clear that for some reason Allen and Zay have no chemistry.  Since Allen has come back from injury last year against the Jags and looked much better, he has played 10 games.  In those 10 games, zay has 33 or LESS yards in 7 of them and 6 were actually 22 or less yards.  

I think there may be some trust issues.  Zay himself said that Allen had to pull him aside in camp and tell him he didn't like how he was running some of the routes.  Zay adjusted that day and they connected for a TD after.  Maybe Zay just isn't consistently hitting his routes the way Allen is expecting him to and just doesn't trust him because of it?

Don't know what it is, but they haven't been clicking, that much is clear.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/30/2019 at 7:47 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It’s a travesty we can’t vote a PS player into the pro-bowl.

Its a travesty that you and one or two others are still so close minded to giving something else a try when something isn't working.  

Its clear Zay and Allen have no chemistry (33 or less yards in 7 of last 10 games with Allen).  Its clear Foster isn't doing much either due to injury or in the dog house as he barely plays when he was healthy this year too and has literally no catches.  Its clear McKenzie is nothing more than a gadget role player getting less than a touch a game.  

Here are their Season Stats:  

Zay Jones:  7 rec, 69 yards

Isaiah McKenzie:  3 rec, 49 yards, 1 TD

Robert Foster:  0 rec, 0 yards

That is a combined 10 rec, 118 yards through 4 games.  You telling me Duke can replicate any of that?  

You can claim he missed Zay on some throws, but thats the entire point.  Allen and Zay are not on the same page and have no chemistry.  

We are 4 games in, and no WR is producing not named Cole or Brown.  So why not give Duke a chance to see if he can help this team more than those 3 WR's?  

Edited by Alphadawg7

So, what’s yous guys thoughts for a prediction of when Duke goes to the 53?

I’m thinking two more games on the outside.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Its a travesty that you and one or two others are still so close minded to giving something else a try when something isn't working.  

Its clear Zay and Allen have no chemistry (33 or less yards in 7 of last 10 games with Allen).  Its clear Foster isn't doing much either due to injury or in the dog house as he barely plays when he was healthy this year too and has literally no catches.  Its clear McKenzie is nothing more than a gadget role player getting less than a touch a game.  

Here are their Season Stats:  

Zay Jones:  7 rec, 69 yards

Isaiah McKenzie:  3 rec, 49 yards, 1 TD

Robert Foster:  0 rec, 0 yards

That is a combined 10 rec, 118 yards through 4 games.  You telling me Duke can replicate any of that?  

You can claim he missed Zay on some throws, but thats the entire point.  Allen and Zay are not on the same page and have no chemistry.  

We are 4 games in, and no WR is producing not named Cole or Brown.  So why not give Duke a chance to see if he can help this team more than those 3 WR's?  

Every year a bunch of people  fall in love with some practice squad guy over 2 or 3 preseason plays then puzzle that front office doesn’t elevate them to starting WR.

last year Robert Foster was an obvious elite #1, the second coming of AJG and Julio combined. 

Year before that Brandon Reily was the next jordy Nelson.   

DaRick Rodgers was going to make the lions forget Calvin Johnson existed. 

Im pretty sure there was a heathy group of people that wanted all the other RBs gone for the rugby player. Why- because he made a play in preseason. 

Do the math. Zay Jones is the worst WR on the planet according a flock here...  he can’t catch, run routes, get open or run at all... but yet legendary CFL guy is at least three notches lower depth chart. Imagine how much worse he must be that he can’t beat crappy ZJ? 

Or are people just saying the entire bills organization is a bunch or morons and don’t realize they have Eric Moulds on the practice squad while they’re starting James Hardy? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood