The Duke Williams Bandwagon Post

ChicagoRic

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

You will deny this, but you are a Zay apologist.

I have been, I'll admit it.  I'm losing faith in him fast now, though.  Every step forward he makes he takes two steps back.  So much potential but it's not clicking for him.  Duke has some amazing hands.  I'm on that bandwagon now finally. 

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

No denials. He's unfairly targeted imo. I like Josh, but he left 3 tds out there to Zay. If you look at film and deny the 3 potential tds, I suggest you take the Josh Allen colored glasses off.

Gotta give him a pass for that deep one JA overthrough (smh).  He catches that for a TD and we're not having this conversation today.  Maybe next week.

5 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Neither Brown nor Beasley have a problem with dropped balls. Zay has a problem with dropped balls. Do you dispute this?

We're 4 games in and Beasely gave up a td with a dropped pass(jets) and dropped another catchable pass that game. He also dropped the exact same low pass from barkley that zay did.

4 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

Just to get this outta the way, with the  3 deep ball INTS all basically uncontested, is it Duke Williams time?  Zay Jones does not know how, or even when, to fight for the ball.  Gutsy game by the Bills, no reason to hang their heads.

I am there....have been there for some time

Not because he is going to turn into Evans or TO or something....but because he high points balls, blocks, and doesnt drop catchable passes

23 minutes ago, Dopey said:

We're 4 games in and Beasely gave up a td with a dropped pass(jets) and dropped another catchable pass that game. He also dropped the exact same low pass from barkley that zay did.

You’re a total Zay apologist! That throw to Beasley wasn’t even a drop, it hit the turf out of his reach! Seriously!

31 minutes ago, Dopey said:

No denials. He's unfairly targeted imo. I like Josh, but he left 3 tds out there to Zay. If you look at film and deny the 3 potential tds, I suggest you take the Josh Allen colored glasses off.

Straw man argument. Allen stunk today. I have not stated otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

You’re a total Zay apologist! That throw to Beasley wasn’t even a drop, it hit the turf out of his reach! Seriously!

Straw man argument. Allen stunk today. I have not stated otherwise. 

Rocky, I admitted to be a Zay apologist. Welcome to the party. Late, but welcome anyway. If Zay should have caught Barkely's low pass, same with Beasley. Where's the angst for Josh missing Zay on 3 EASY tds this year?

14 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Rocky, I admitted to be a Zay apologist. Welcome to the party. Late, but welcome anyway. If Zay should have caught Barkely's low pass, same with Beasley. Where's the angst for Josh missing Zay on 3 EASY tds this year?

Another straw man argument. But, I’ll say this: I’m not ready to move on from Allen. I certainly am ready to move on from Zay. 

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

Another straw man argument. But, I’ll say this: I’m not ready to move on from Allen. I certainly am ready to move on from Zay. 

I'm not ready to move on from Josh either, but so far no one has denied he has missed Zay 3 x for easy tds. I have heard he PROBABLY would have dropped them. I've read I'm an apologist and have an agenda. Don't deny the 1st part, but to say he would have dropped them is a Josh apologist typing. 

5 hours ago, Luka said:

As soon as that ball went off Zay's hands in the endzone I thought to myself "if only we had a big, physical receiver who could've went up and caught that pass..."

Was my exact thoughts too. I’ll even spell it out... Duke Williams. That’s all he did in the pre season. Wouldn’t have gone off his hands. That’s why you keep a WR with unique skill set compared to other WRs on your roster. Probably a different outcome with Duke.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I'm not ready to move on from Josh either, but so far no one has denied he has missed Zay 3 x for easy tds. I have heard he PROBABLY would have dropped them. I've read I'm an apologist and have an agenda. Don't deny the 1st part, but to say he would have dropped them is a Josh apologist typing. 

I’ll take your word that Allen missed Zay three times, although I don’t know which plays you’re referencing. But, it’s completely beside the point. It doesn’t change who Zay is (or isn’t, as the case may be). 

Bump, cause I felt like it... 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Where was McKenzie today?

Really good question. I didn't even see him out there much so not sure if it was him. Feels like Andre Roberts was out there a lot and seeing more snaps than usual, not sure if that played a factor. I like McKenzie though, he seems to always make plays. He beats the hell out of Lee Smith as a potential weapon, that's for sure.

Edited by Nelius

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

He agreed not to bring Zay's name up again. For a reason.

Nope, I didn’t.  I left the board for a bit before I got warning points for losing my cool on some of the utterly ridiculous comments by a few certain people...

Shocker, your comprehension was off again on something regarding Zay.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1