All penalties should not be equal.

ALLEN1QB

Tell me how we were called for holding 4 times today and I don't think they were called for a single one. The Patriots get a lot of time to throw yet are never holding. Riiight

Seems like a lot of the time when the Bills are driving the refs always spot a holding on the them.

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Agree emotionally, disagree with my head.  It's fair enough over the course of a league.  

I do have to wonder, though, given the Wilfork-Losman hit, if BB****** gave his defenders carte blanche to go helmet-to-helmet with Allen if he ran free.  Allen had what, 1 open run and 1 H2H hit...

8 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Tell me how a vicious helmet to helmet and a holding penalty are offsetting?

I was thinking this too, hell if you see a lineman holding just start taking free shots at QB's and WRs to knock them out of game... worst that happens is you replay the down *shrug*

What bothers me about this, is I saw 0 flags on the field until vicious hit on Allen, then flags come out... Why was there not already a flag on field for holding?

Just like a tiktak holding call on morse negates a Patriots Offside that would have been a first down

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

I was thinking this too, hell if you see a lineman holding just start taking free shots at QB's and WRs to knock them out of game... worst that happens is you replay the down *shrug*

What bothers me about this, is I saw 0 flags on the field until vicious hit on Allen, then flags come out... Why was there not already a flag on field for holding?

Just like a tiktak holding call on morse negates a Patriots Offside that would have been a first down

you can see on the replay that the flag was being thrown while Allen was running

9 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

The flag for the hold was thrown before allen was hit

17 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Tell me how we were called for holding 4 times today and I don't think they were called for a single one. The Patriots get a lot of time to throw yet are never holding. Riiight

Seems like a lot of the time when the Bills are driving the refs always spot a holding on the them.

I think the rule book book says they are exempt from the rule.  It’s stated in part F subsection U

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Tell me how a vicious helmet to helmet and a holding penalty are offsetting?

The rule dhould berither

A flagrant PF over rules all penalties or it’s a double penalty of two 15yards. One is removed with offense penalty.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

That's what I was wondering. The precedent they just set, is that as soon as a flag gets thrown on the opposing team the players enter the thunderdome and all bets are off. Who cares if you take a vicious h2h shot on a ball carrier or blown out someone's ACL with a late hit, as long as there was another penalty it will just offset. Its a bad look when the league is preaching player safety as a priority, but weighs a weak holding call the same as potentially killing/crippling a player with a cheap shot. 

• Like (+1) 1