I having a hard time with this. This game has me in a dark place

I'm always in a dark place after a Pats loss just because I hate Brady so much.  But there is a very big, very important silver lining from today's game and that's the defense keeping it real something fierce!  They earned a ton of respect around the league today, on top of what they already had.  Someone in another thread said they might be the best in the league right now.  I would say they definitely belong in that conversation as the favorite.  I was worried they'd get exposed somewhere but they were solid as usual.  Seemed to stick to their zone stuff but did something to mix it up.  Brady usually adjusts to zones and them exploits the soft spots.  NOT TODAY!  Whatever they're doing they need to keep doing just that.  Frasier is having a heck of a season so far.

4 hours ago, Best Player Available said:

Not a snowballs chance in hell. Is Josh Allen not the starting

QB for the remainder of his rookie contract. He hasn't even played a 16 game season yet.

Not saying they are comparable, but I remember exactly this sort of thing being said about EJ Manuel. It's too soon to declare Allen a flop, just like it's too soon to anoint him the savior. I think at this point perhaps the best we can hope for is a Jacksonville like season with Bortles as QB where their defense got them to the AFC Championship game. Hopefully Allen gets better than Bortles eventually, but at this point a Bortles like career for him isn't out of the question.

I mean, I'm extremely frustrated, but I can't even fathom the idea of being in such dire straits after a Bills loss to the Patriots. I've seen that movie before. People need to A)cut out this unbridled optimism that leads to such disappointment and B)not define their live's by the Bills success or failure. We're not on the team. "We" didn't lose anything. Yes, it sucks that they squandered this opportunity, but there are 12 more games to clean up the nonsense. 

If you told me the Bills would be 3-1 after four weeks with the lone L a 6 point dogfight against the Pats, I'd have been very cool with that. 

Keep things in perspective my man.

7 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Sorry, but this is one of those games that haunt me. I've spent 20 years watching us lose to NE and I'm f'king sick of it. It's the one team that makes my skin crawl. I just want to take them down and win the AFC East for once in two decades.

I feel your pain. Really tough to see Brady held in-check (and look old), and still come up with a loss.