I having a hard time with this. This game has me in a dark place

11 minutes ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

I’m so upset and I see so many things the the refs did in this game that were wrong. I can’t accept what happened. This game hurt me the most. I’m fed up with the NFL and the patriots. 

The referees did not lose the game for us.

Let's all stop that stupid horseshit right now.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Sorry, but this is one of those games that haunt me. I've spent 20 years watching us lose to NE and I'm f'king sick of it. It's the one team that makes my skin crawl. I just want to take them down and win the AFC East for once in two decades.

It's because you feel like you've seen this movie before.  The Bills lose the first game respectably, even admirably... only to get killed in the rematch during a ho-hum season.

BUT... I really do think it's different this time.  This is the first season in a good while that I really do like our chances in the rematch, even if it is in New England.

Josh was getting dialed in before the injury.  Something tells me he would have had a comeback 4th quarter win if he had been in there, as bad as he was in the first half.

18 minutes ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

I’m so upset and I see so many things the the refs did in this game that were wrong. I can’t accept what happened. This game hurt me the most. I’m fed up with the NFL and the patriots. 

Dude we're 3 and 1 with a really really close loss to the Pats.  We just need to shake this *@it off and go get the next win.  Chin up, we got this.

Yes, the refs showed their usual incompetence, but I'm pretty encouraged by most of what the Bills did in the game, particularly the defense.  

The biggest mistake by the refs was on the last "interception" thrown by Allen.  As the officiating expert for CBS explained, it should have been ruled incomplete because the ball touched a Bills player who was out of bounds before the New England player secured it.  Even though the ball and the New England player appeared to be in bounds, touching any player whose feet are out of bounds means the ball should be ruled out of bounds.  Bills lose possession and New England gets good field position based on the bad call.

Refs were awful, but it wasn’t only in favor of the cheats. They had a couple questionable ones that hurt them too. At the end of the day, we turned the ball over five times, gave up a blocked punt for a TD, missed a FG, AND turned the ball over on downs at the 3 yd line, and lost by six to the world champs. 

We outplayed them by almost every single statistical category... just not the one that matters - points.

Does it it hurt that we lost this thing? Absolutely. But we proved we can run with the absolute best of the best teams in the league. 

We’re good.

• Like (+1) 1

I trust Beane won’t stand pat with the WR situation as is.  This team just showed the world it can suffocate the offense favored to win the Super Bowl.  Time to up shop the block and see who’s available, and yes, maybe call up Duke.  The only real threats on the field are Brown and Knox... Josh clearly needs better than average skill position players at this point in his career.

but no need to get all dark with it, as a whole this is the best team in a long time, on pace for a 12-4 season, if our QB can get his head on straight (too soon?)

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

You win some, you lose some. We lost today against a team that is talked about as possibly going undefeated and we held them in check. The season is just starting to get rolling. People need to step away from the ledge. 

• Like (+1) 3

Every game has more or less looked like this. The Bills shoot themselves in the foot and have to come from behind to win. Today they were up against a better team than previously, but ***** it if they wouldn't have turned it around in this game as well hadn't it been for the injury to Josh Allen. Clean up the mistakes and this is a darn good team. The defense is awesome and the offense has potential. The Patriots only scored a field goal in the last three quarters.

• Like (+1) 1