Josh Allen lost the game by himself

dayman

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Deep breathe. 

Hes going to have off weeks and the front office still owes him some more talent on offense around him.

im not sold on him but you can’t toss him aside any time he has a bad 2-3 quarters 

Bad quarters shouldn’t mean 3 picks in the NFL. Allen was more Peterman than franchise QB today.

For whatever reason, it just seems like he continues to think he’s got to do it alone. He’s got a much better group this year, but he still plays too much hero ball. I like how aggressive he is, but in this league, guys are too good to get away with that crap. Why can’t he get rid of the ball faster? Isn’t that what every QB ALWAYS does to us? Some of it is on him and still learning, but some of it is most definitely on playcalling. Daboll did him no favors today. Especially in the first half. 

And all the people who were screaming for Barkley, where did that get you? 

Big Ben I believe is an above average QB, what did he do against this D?

Goff is above average I think. What did he do in the SB?

Josh was bad for the most part, no doubt, but to say he's a garbage QB because of this game is nuts. He still managed to lead the only TD drive they've allowed since LAST SEASON. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Don Dokken said:

Cool man thanks. He's what we've got. If he's in down the stretch I think we pull it out

I really don't know what makes you say that based on the way he played today. Sure penalties and the special teams are to blame but at the end of the day all Josh had to do was NOT lose it and he kept making HUGE mistake after HUGE mistake ALL DAY. 

It was a terribly frustrating game for the Bills we should have just got a big win and our supposed leader in the making just made himself look like he'll bust out of the league in 2 years. 

I still have hope for the future with Josh, I like him and think he may be able to turn it around but it is not clear he has the brains to play at this point...really bad day. Worse day in Josh's career easily all things considered. 

Edited by dayman

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

He was garbage at times. He also kept us in the game, as well as the defense. Allen didn't give up the blocked punt in the 1st quarter 

He most definitely did NOT keep us in the game. He was complete garbage. Reminiscent of Rob Johnson, JP Losman, and EJ Manuel. He has regressed with his throwing mechanics and decision-making. He choked in the biggest game of his career to date. On top of that, he has now sustained his second pro career injury in 16 games played. 

We are very, very far away from having our franchise QB, folks. Maybe Josh needs to stop making cutesy social media videos with Jim Kelly and Bills Mafia and start focusing on better game preparation. I don't care anymore about how much he loves WNY and how cool his TD celebrations are. I care about success on the field and beating New England maybe once in a while.

8 minutes ago, dayman said:

Hate to say it but today is the first game I am really starting to question if he'll ever be more than average at best (which certainly would have been good enough to win today).

Not trying to over react but he was absolute garage today and it's inexcusable. It's 2019 you are supposed to be better than that in year 2. 

The predictable and unimaginative "Josh lost us the game post." You win the award for being the fastest on the draw. Congratulations!