Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

Just now, BuffaloBob said:

Any mention of politicians to do so. Sorry. 

Ok did I meant on any?  Nope. Mentioned a Position. You can call Semantics. I am not discussing politics those that are are the ones calling me out for making a comparison to a Position. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

calling out BS isn’t politics sorry

it is Ok. Maybe sometime you will get your wish and see Barkley play again. Not this week. 

Wait.  You think my opinion has to do with me wanting Barkley to play?  Sweet Christ, no!!!  I WANT Allen in there!

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok did I meant on any?  Nope. Mentioned a Position. You can call Semantics. I am not discussing politics those that are are the ones calling me out for making a comparison to a Position. 

You used the article “the.”  That is not a generic reference to a position. And I would assume that even disparaging a political office is still politics. But sure, sure. At some point you will hear from a Mod. Believe me, I know. ? 

Edited by BuffaloBob

TI feel soooo much more comfortable with Allen playing. 

Kid is a winner and before last week , the majority of TBD and fans were excited about Allen, the progression he has made and seeing him go up against the Pats. 

He had an awful day at the office but that's what Belicheck does to young QBs and he has one of the best defenses he has had in a longgg time. 

It's kinda surprising to see how much hate Allen is getting after that game. I understand he made some terrible terrible decisions but it was his 15th start and he was actually looking pretty good in the 2nd half . I believe he gets us 17-20 points if he stays in. 

Point is , the negativity against Josh is SOOO overblown! Again , almost all fans were optimistic and excited about Josh prior to the Pats gm. The kid is 3-1 , 3-0 in gms he finished this year.

Bottom line, he's a winner , just finds ways to win and I'd be super optimistic about our chances to win if he plays. Taking nothing away from Barkley , I believe we can win with him , just much more confident with Josh behind center. Big game , don't want to go into the bye losing 2 straight . I think he def plays . 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Cute and sweet that young posters 100 percent trust a doctors clearance....

I would never give 100% trust to any doctor, no matter what his/her reputation. If four doctors weighed in, and all agreed, I'd accept their finding, but 100% faith? Never.

With that said, then how would YOU decide? Flip a coin?  Ask the forum if they think Josh is OK. If not an independent doctor, what's your better approach here.

Since neither McDermott nor Beane are doctors, I think they will go ahead and trust the independent neurologist with respect to Josh's clearance.

With many other kinds of injuries doctors tell players they are good to go, but sometimes the coach notices a little hitch, or hesitation (uncertainty) on the practice field. Then may (even with a doc's clearance) keep a guy out for another week. I highly doubt McDermott will do that in this case, unless over the course of the next day notices anything "off" with Josh's mental condition. I completely expect Josh to start, and do well.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/4/2019 at 10:39 AM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

IMO He got his bell rung and saw stars. 

It didn’t look like he was knocked out 

I’m no expert 

nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn 

Those are words to live by...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

No religion, please. There is a seperate board for that. ?

Are you telling me that I'm losing my religion?  Is that me in the corner???

18 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I sincerely hope that Josh is fully healed from the concussion, but my experience is telling me he's not, after just a week.  I hope I'm wrong, and that he doesn't take a hit on Sunday that will give him second impact syndrome.  Godspeed JA.

I'm not a neurologist or any other kind of medical professional but I don't believe that brains heal themselves in a week or so. I also believe that concussion damage is cumulative over time. So as long as Josh is feeling up to it and has been medically cleared to play by actual medical professionals, I think that is all one can ask or expect. Hopefully, Josh doesn't become "concussion prone". However, football at every level is a physically demanding and somewhat dangerous occupation. Even with improvements to helmet technology one has to realize that our brains are floating around inside our skulls and even better helmets are not gonna change that basic reality. Our brains are not designed for such abuse long term.

2 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

I know he is cleared. But we're talking brain here, not a broken finger or bone. IMO it would make sense to make in active as the #2 QB, With the bye week and QBs not getting hit in practice, that would be 3 full weeks of recovery if Barkley finishes the game. Think long term here, not just this week!

He must be fine for MCD to play him here.

Let's hope he has a good game with no more concussions.