Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

In other words, it's about his scheme and not the players.  I echo the sentiment of your last sentence.

It's both. 

Sometimes Daboll makes outstanding, just outstanding, use of the players and puts them in a great position to use their skills and make play.

And sometimes he does these puzzling things like having DiMarco and Lee Smith spread out wide - seriously?  It's like, Daboll, PUT THE BEST GUYS ON THE FIELD

I think he feels the need to prove himself and be unpredictable to his former boss and mentor, the Evil Hoodie

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Yeah I know the time for the inactives. He doesn’t have to be clear though before that? There’s no time limit for when you can no longer be clear?

The deadline is actually 4pm Saturday because they only have barkley and Allen on the 53. If he’s not cleared by then they need to sign a backup for Barkley (Davis Webb). That’s the deadline for signing someone to be eligible to play Sunday. Technically they could still clear him by 11:20 Sunday, either way. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's both. 

Sometimes Daboll makes outstanding, just outstanding, use of the players and puts them in a great position to use their skills and make play.

And sometimes he does these puzzling things like having DiMarco and Lee Smith spread out wide - seriously?  It's like, Daboll, PUT THE BEST GUYS ON THE FIELD

I think he feels the need to prove himself and be unpredictable to his former boss and mentor, the Evil Hoodie

That is what I was afraid of with Daboll. Changing things up and getting cute. 

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The deadline is actually 4pm Saturday because they only have barkley and Allen on the 53. If he’s not cleared by then they need to sign a backup for Barkley (Davis Webb). That’s the deadline for signing someone to be eligible to play Sunday. Technically they could still clear him by 11:20 Sunday, either way. 

deadline is Sunday. They are going to call up Webb no matter what. Not going to go anything with the open roster spot other than that this weekend. So he can logically not be cleared until Sunday at the absolute latest (inactive release times). 

29 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

deadline is Sunday. They are going to call up Webb no matter what. Not going to go anything with the open roster spot other than that this weekend. So he can logically not be cleared until Sunday at the absolute latest (inactive release times). 

If it was a slam dunk that Webb was going to be called up, why wouldnt they have done it already? They are waiting until the absolute last minute on Saturday at 4PM.

Either that, or they are really dragging this out making the Titans gameplan for the possibility of Allen or Barkley.

2 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

If it was a slam dunk that Webb was going to be called up, why wouldnt they have done it already? They are waiting until the absolute last minute on Saturday at 4PM.

Either that, or they are really dragging this out making the Titans gameplan for the possibility of Allen or Barkley.

yes they are waiting until the very last minute. Be it is because it is either going to be Duke or Webb. 

but at the end of the Day even if Webb gets called up that doesn’t rule out Josh. Josh has really right up until the Time to release the Inactive list to get cleared. 

so maybe they go with 3 QBs this week. 

21 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

These fans you reference do not want Allen to sit so Barkley can shine. They want him to sit so they can say "I told you so." I'll never understand it, but there are just some fans that would like to see the team fail so they can explain they were right about not liking the Allen pick and the front office was wrong.

It makes no sense to me. That type of thinking is usually reserved for people like Jerry Sullivan and Tim Graham, who make a living off pointing out when someone at OBD did something wrong.

Do you want to name any fans on this board who fit into this category? Because I see this said often but I don't know who it applies to? 

12 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

Inactives for game are due 11:30 am game day.  The Bills have a 4pm deadline Saturday if they want to replace Connor McDermott on the 53 man roster.

If he isnt cleared today but is tomorrow I say put him in as backup.