Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

I think a collapsing pocket is a dangerous place too.  At least when he runs he can be aware of where the threats are and react accordingly.  The difference here is that he was taking the hit to make a 1st down, which he thought his team needed.   Tyrod got injured against the Titans for much the same reason.   A legit hit to his torso probably does not drop in his tracks like the helmet to helmet one did.  Orton did not get hurt against the Broncos.

Orton Makes a Good Business Decision

I wonder how these 3 situations played in the locker room.

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would counter and say that I dont know how anyone watched last Sundays game and did not see how the offense was playing better overall in the 2nd half when Daboll finally pulled his head out of his a**.  Daboll was terrible in the first half.

Lets not forget, once Daboll FINALLY started getting Yeldon and Knox involved in the passing game, we drove the field with Allen and put up the only TD on the Pats this year.  

The ass he pulled his head out of is using Yeldon and not DiMarco as the man in motion and out wide. All this, "They use DiMarco to help Josh read the defense" stuff is crap when it turns out DiMarco is useless in the pass game. Yeldon can do the same exact thing, but with a guy who caught 60+ passes each of the last two years. Josh still was not good but Daboll's slow adjustments didn't help. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Yeah great idea... not

5 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

If Allen is cleared...do you think he should still sit?  If so, why don't we just cut him...what is the point of sitting him if he is cleared?  Isn't the point of drafting him to play him?

Personally, not a fan of concussions and the affect it can have on one’s brain.  I don’t want him getting his head smashed in 1 week after getting his head smashed in.  He’s too important.  One game off then a bye week.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think having Singetary back would help with blitz busting screen plays. Make the other team pay.

That said, I am still not 100% sold on NE's defense. YES they have done well, but I have lots of "buts"

AFC Title Game: Torched in the 2nd half by Mahomes and Reid and only won because Dee Ford lined up Offside to negate a Brady game ending pick

Super Bowl: held what was then a slumping Rams offense to 3 points without their best RB and WR

Week 1: Big Ben with a destroyed elbow

Week 2: Miami

Week 3: Jets 3rd string QB and banged up RB

Week 4: Young QB who has been up and down and making mistakes. Also were 1 yard away from blowing that lead, even with 4 picks. 

Week 5: Colt McCoy

So yeah, because they are NE everyone will go GAH GAH over them. But really, the only time they have been tested they got lit up and were saved by an Offside penalty and a coin flip in OT. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would counter and say that I dont know how anyone watched last Sundays game and did not see how the offense was playing better overall in the 2nd half when Daboll finally pulled his head out of his a**.  Daboll was terrible in the first half.

Lets not forget, once Daboll FINALLY started getting Yeldon and Knox involved in the passing game, we drove the field with Allen and put up the only TD on the Pats this year.  Lets not forget, we were driving again when Allen was knocked out of the game.  Lets not forget Barkley failed on 3 critical passes that all could have helped us win the game because he made very poor throws.  

Bottom line...I really like Barkely as our backup, he is certainly capable IMO.  But nothing I have seen from him makes me believe he gives us the better chance to win on any given Sunday.  Complicating it further is we have a dinged up OL that is already been inconsistent as they all try and learn to play together (and to be expected really with 4 new starters including a rookie).  Allen's ability to extend plays and escape pressure has been substantially impactful in all of our games this year.  

How do you define "playing better overall?" 

After the opening second half drive TD, Allen led a five play drive that lost 3 yards, followed by a drive of three plays with a horrible INT.   On the drive Allen got hurt, Bills drove 20 yards until the drive effectively stalled (If there are no offsetting penalties, it's 4 & 1 at the 37).  The real movement on that drive was done mostly by Barkley, who accounted for 39 of the 59 yards on that drive.  After that, Pats* blitzed every down knowing that Bills had no choice but to pass.

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Personally, not a fan of concussions and the affect it can have on one’s brain.  I don’t want him getting his head smashed in 1 week after getting his head smashed in.  He’s too important.  One game off then a bye week.  

is anyone?

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can’t trust an actual brain doctor. Must determine his health these days via fan vote. Bills are behind the times. 

Welcome to the age of "My 10-minute Google search is just as valid as your degree and years of experience."

Edited by WhoTom

22 minutes ago, H2o said:

And I think this will be the mold other teams follow until Josh is hitting his hot reads and burning them for it. 

I will counter with what Primetime said about the Bills defense when asked if other teams can use the Bills blueprint for defending the Pats. You cant because you dont have the same talent. Pats secondary is very good so they can blitz and still cover their assigments without confusion. Other teams do not have the talent to do that on a regular basis. 

14 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I will counter with what Primetime said about the Bills defense when asked if other teams can use the Bills blueprint for defending the Pats. You cant because you dont have the same talent. Pats secondary is very good so they can blitz and still cover their assigments without confusion. Other teams do not have the talent to do that on a regular basis. 

True, but you can bet your a** they will try. 

14 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

“Full” participant today after two days of “limited” suggests to me he’s playing. 

Yup. They just have to dot the i’s and cross the t’s with the neuro e v a l. If Josh doesn’t start I’ll be surprised. 

• Like (+1) 1