Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

More troublesome to me is his unwillingness to go up tempo for long stretches. Josh seems to enjoy and do well with that.

That too.  Daboll seems to take forever trying to call the perfect play - but Allen plays much better when he can see the defense in advance.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

oh grammar nazis, how clever, first time anyones every done that 

There's a lot grammatically wrong with this post . You may want to befriend a grammar nazi so they can teach you how to communicate effectively.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Here is what Chao Says.....

Next big hurdle is no symptoms after today and then just pass the test and get back to his neurological baseline and he will be cleared to play.

I’d be amazed if he doesn’t play Sunday. Everything from the jog off the field during the game alone to this leads me to believe he is going to be ready to go. 

Does anyone know how many concussions he has had in college?

The last thing Josh wants is to sit for 2 weeks after the Chowd game. He knows he played poorly and any athlete will tell you they want an immediate opportunity to redeem themselves. He's gotta get cleared someway somehow. He sits on that performance and it festers, it could severely damage his confidence. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The last thing Josh wants is to sit for 2 weeks after the Chowd game. He knows he played poorly and any athlete will tell you they want an immediate opportunity to redeem themselves. He's gotta get cleared someway somehow. He sits on that performance and it festers, it could severely damage his confidence. 

If he is cleared and plays, I think he will come out like a house on fire.

passing on 1st down to set up big runs and then play action.  a road win via total team destruction is exactly what we need after the NE loss prior to a bye week.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I’d be amazed if he doesn’t play Sunday. Everything from the jog off the field during the game alone to this leads me to believe he is going to be ready to go. 

Does anyone know how many concussions he has had in college?

None as far as I recall and there wasn't any when I looked it up.

Just now, Warcodered said:

None as far as I recall and there wasn't any when I looked it up.

Same.  I believe the broken collar bone was the only injury he had in college.  Other than the usually bumps and bruises that come with playing.

3 minutes ago, BananaB said:

All that has been said is he is in concussion protocol, does that even mean he actually has a concussion? Or is it just playing it safe because of the hit he took.

If he didn't have one at the time they diagnosed him in the locker room he could have returned.  In short, yes he had one.  They determined he had one either on the sidelines or in the locker room.  Otherwise he could have returned to play.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/9/18/12940926/nfl-concussion-protocol-explained

Edited by The Wiz

The biggest thing that’s going to work against him playing Sunday is that he’s going to miss most all team work this week, and McD is a very conservative coach, esp regarding injuries and preparation.

If he thinks Barkley is “better prepared” from the full week of reps he’s getting this week, he’ll start Barkley even if Josh is medically cleared to play. 

30 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Here is what Chao Says.....

Next big hurdle is no symptoms after today and then just pass the test and get back to his neurological baseline and he will be cleared to play.

That seems arbitrary as each situation is different, though it is interesting that players rarely play a week after a concussion. 

21 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Half this thread is concussed.

And the concussed half is working hard to concuss the non-concussed... 

• Like (+1) 1