Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

WHY IS THIS SO FRIGGIN HARD FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND????

ITS NOT LIKE ITS A GD HAMSTRING!!!!

ITS EITHER YOUR CLEARED OR YOUR NOT!!!!! 

YOU'RE***** YOU'RE*******

WHY IS THIS SO FRIGGIN HARD FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND????

Just now, Bangarang said:

Dear football gods, please let Allen play Sunday.

4-1 heading to the BYE is so much sexier than 3-2

100%!! I just had this talk with a cowboys fan in my gym here. they have the pack this week and we were both talking about how much better that 4-1 looks as opposed to 3-2. ESPECIALLY after 3-0 starts.

19 minutes ago, John Adams said:

That's an interesting observation. The lack of deep balls may also be Josh unwilling to throw it up deep to the smurfs. Long throws to smurfs must be perfect. Long throws to bigger targets need not be. I think the Bills lack a big body WR right now. Foster is the closest thing and he isn't getting on the field. 

Josh's struggles are his own, but the personnel with no big WR, and DiMarco lined up as WR (!) do him no favors. 

Agreed. If he was throwing to Mike Evans on all those throws there probably isn't an interception. Hes either catching it or making sure the db doesn't catch it. Worst case hes drawing a flag cuz the db is scared shitless and hanging on him like big brother..

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/29/2019 at 5:52 PM, DrPJax said:

Running off means nothing other than right at that moment he was alert. He did lose consciousness and therefore did have a concussion and other  additional things will define the severity of it. Many times patients are initially ok only to later suffer post  concussion syndrome with symptoms like headaches , nausea , impaired cognitive function, mood lability etc.  

Not for nothing... but just because you lose consciousness does not automatically mean you have a concussion. The two are not synonymous 

1 minute ago, warrior9 said:

Not for nothing... but just because you lose consciousness does not automatically mean you have a concussion. The two are not synonymous 

While I believe that is true, just losing consciousness can and often does put you in the NFL concussion protocol, and then you have to go through all five stages of tests.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

While I believe that is true, just losing consciousness can and often does put you in the NFL concussion protocol, and then you have to go through all five stages of tests.

100%. 

It's just the NFL's protocol. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I believe getting knocked unconscious is typically caused by the brain getting whiplashed in the skull so things shutdown temporarily. So I think it might not necessarily mean concussion, it's definitely very likely.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I think the bigger question about Josh is why does he run like Mose Schrute?...

well I mean...he does apparently love The Office.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Capco said:

If the docs say he's good to go, he's good to go.  

My unprofessional medical opinion is that the team docs are pushed to give players a pass even when they might be on the fence (it's the billion-dollar NFL we are talking about).  That's the only thing that worries me because I want Josh to be our guy long term.  

But again, idk ***** about concussions, so I defer to the docs.  

That’s why they still have to see an independent doctor. 

17 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Dear football gods, please let Allen play Sunday.

4-1 heading to the BYE is so much sexier than 3-2

Would I be cheating if I asked the Football Satans, you know the devils that Belichick & NE worship, to let him play Sunday?

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Would I be cheating if I asked the Football Satans, you know the devils that Belichick & NE worship, to let him play Sunday?

Don't do it. Once you go to that darkest of places, I am not sure you can ever come back...